Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$131
US$128
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$354
US$343
US$576
  • Pool
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$115
  • Pool
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$531
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$241
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$326
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$846
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,929 results
All reviewselements restaurantsand barour honeymoonred flagcarte blancheair purifiermary annhigh rise areahappy hourbathroom mirrorjuan carlosromantic dinnerglass of champagnethe penthouseconcierge teamevery morningsunset sail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We went to Bucuti for our Honeymoon this September and had looked forward to it for months. The beach was perfect and the red flag service was a treat. As other guests have mentioned it can take a while to get your drinks but realistically thecstaff can't be expected to cover such a large area all at once. The miami vice cocktail and bucuti burger are both worth the wait.

On arrival we were upgraded to a Tara Suite which was a very nice touch. As we were unpacking a staff member called to say they had forgotten to mention that the upgrade was for one night only.

Although the upgrade was generous we felt this was a little careless and spent our first night and the next morning waiting to pack up and move rooms. However the standard room is what we had paid for and we looked forward to getting settled for the week.

After some confusion over the moving of our bags we were shown into our new room. We quickly realised that the view from our balcony was mainly of the restaurant car park next door. We had been lead to believe that garden view meant just that. For the price of the room a view of a car park should not be a possibility.

The next day we enquired about moving back to the Tara Suites only to find that they were fully booked for the week. Roland in the reservations office did his absolute best for us and moved us to an actual garden view room a couple of nights later which was much nicer but still very basic for the price.

If we were to return to Bucuti we would definitely book into to the Tara Suites which were lovely and well worth the money. If you prefer a standard room contact them beforehand to guard against any disappointments.

• Stayed: September 2011
6  Thank Clarencelove
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This place is just fabulous....I have travelled extensively and was so impressed by everything about this resort. It is in the most beautiful setting, the rooms are fantastic, staff attentive and generally wonderful, the food was amazing. I can't recommend this resort highly enough - it is a dream holiday destination.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I read hundreds of reviews on this property before deciding to book, so I went into our vacation knowing the pros and cons. I found most of the reviews to be spot on. Here's my take:

OVERALL:
We had a nice, relaxing trip sitting on the beach. And we loved the peace and quiet! No kids, no loud music or resort employees trying to round up guests for pool aerobics. We didn't make it over to the high-rise area, but I imagine that Bucuti is probably one of the best resorts on the island.

THE BEACH: As everyone has noted, Bucuti has probably the best location on Eagle Beach. The beach itself was pristine: soft, white sand, turquoise water, gorgeous! It's also a great beach for walking/running as it runs a decent distance in both directions from Bucuti. Having stayed at resorts where all the guests are packed into tiny squares of beachfront, I loved that Bucuti had so much room. The palapas are nicely spaced so that even when every one is taken, you still don't feel crammed in. We did find that several mornings you needed to be up before 8 in order to get chairs in the first few rows from the ocean; other mornings the chairs weren't snatched until later. But no matter where you are, the view is lovely.

THE POOL: yes, it's small. But it's very pretty and usually there was at most one or two other people in it. The hot tub was never hot, but frankly, with the temps in the low 90s, we were looking to cool off, not get hotter! The lounges around the pool are super comfortable so it was kind of a bummer that during most of the day they were completely in the sun. They're shaded by umbrellas, but either the height or width of the umbrellas prevented them from providing adequate shade.

THE RESTAURANT: I actually thought the food was better than I was expecting given some of the reviews. Yes, the selection is limited, but what there is is pretty decent. Lunch was fine (quicker service if you eat at the bar) and the one dinner we had there was fine, too. We preferred breakfast in the Tara building mostly because of the coffee machine, but it was nice to eat outside on the beach patio, too. The birds were hovering in the background, but they weren't terrible or swooping in to steal food from your plate while you were sitting there. And the waitresses were quick to clean up empty tables.

THE BAR: Happy hour specials were great: from 4 to 6 and 9 to 10 it's half off cocktails. We used our red flag to get drinks on the beach a few times and never had a problem with it. It is slower than going to the bar yourself, but it's a big beach with lots of people and they really do their best. Angelo is probably the hardest working person there—the guy never stopped and it's a long, hot slog to and from the bar.

THE ROOM: We booked a King Garden View Room. I wasn't expecting it to be incredible, but I do think that for the price, the rooms are a bit underwhelming. They're a decent size and it's nice to have a balcony, but the two rooms we stayed in were both starting to show some wear. Additionally, they're pretty bland: I felt like we could've been staying at a Hyatt or Hilton in any city anywhere. We barely spent any time in the room, but I do think that if I was here on my honeymoon, I would've been disappointed. {Side note: dehumidifier is totally not a big deal! We had to empty it maybe twice the whole time; otherwise the maid did it while cleaning the room and at night. And the noise it makes is equivalent to a white noise machine.}

CHECK IN: I had e-mailed the hotel a month prior to our trip to request a room on a higher floor away from the parking lot and construction from the neighboring resort. I received an e-mail confirming that the hotel could accommodate this. So it was frustrating to show up and be given a room on the ground floor with two double beds (why they even have rooms with double beds in a hotel geared towards honeymooners I'm not sure) looking out on the parking lot. After some discussion with the check-in person, we were told to come back in an hour and they would figure it out. When we came back we were told there was nothing they could do; hotel at 99% capacity., etc. Finally, after a long discussion with a manger (and showing him the e-mail confirmation) we did manage to get a different room starting the next night. None of this was a huge deal and the manager did handle it and apologize, but it wasn't exactly how we'd hoped to kick of our trip.

RESTAURANTS:
Passions: loved dinning beachside but bad food and slow service.
La Trattoria El Faro Blanco: pretty setting and decent food
El Gaucho: OK. I think it's a bit overrated, but the service was fast and the food was fine.
Iguana Joe's: cheap! And good if you want sandwiches or Mexican.

Room Tip: If you're booking a garden view room, ask for an even-numbered room (this assures you're looking out on the interior of the resort as opposed to the parking lot or the ugly resort next door) as close to the beach as possible.
Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank xyztravel
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Just returned from our third visit to the Bucuti and it was fabulous as always. The no children policy may restrict some but is perfect for those who do not have little ones or those who do, but are looking for an escape (like us). We like staying in the Tara suites because of the gorgeous views and huge beach in front of the building. The only slight wrinkle was the construction at the hotel next door during the day. Obviously, the Bucuti had no control over this but the jackhammering on the weekend days did take away from the peaceful setting.

We have been to many islands and, although the Palm Beach area of Aruba is too built up and Americanized for my taste, the Eagle Beach area and Bucuiti are just perfect if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing vacation. Beach is uncrowded and can't be beat. Great options for dining with everything easily accessible via cab. Direct flight from NJ/NY area. SOLD. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vacationrat
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Beautiful beach that wasn't jammed packed full of people made it easy to find chairs and a hut and relax all day. Pool has beds and plenty of lounge chairs for a late afternoon nap. Restaurant / beach bar had a good selection of food for lunch and dinner however we would often go off resort. Concierge will recommend great places. (Screaming Eagle is the best). My only negative points were that bathroom did not have a fan and that the curtains did not close all the way. However having the dehumidifier and air purifier helped make the rooms smell clean and fresh all the time.

I would recommend and return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011