I just returned from a week at the Bucuti & Tara and I can't wait to go back. I did a lot of research prior to booking, as this was our first stay in Aruba. I wasn't sure if we should stay in the high rise or low rise area. Since we were traveling without our kids, I finally realized that The Bucuti was the place for us and I was so right!!!! If you are looking for a quiet, realizing, romantic getaway, look no further. We did take a ride to the high rise area and what a different place that is. Very busy and crowded.
From the moment we arrived, we felt very welcome. The staff is all so friendly and helpful. We were celebrating our anniversary and they provided us with a nice gift bag.
We stayed in a Tara Suite that was steps away from the ocean. We were on the first floor, which at first we were unhappy about, but in the end we loved the convenience of being able to walk in and out of our room which was steps away from the pool and beach. Usually we like to stay in oceanfront rooms so we can have our balcony door open at night to listen to the ocean as we sleep, but at Bucuti, that is not possible as they do not have sliding glass doors with a screen and when ever the patio door opens, the air conditioning goes off to safe energy. That was a disappointment, but we got over that quickly. The room was very well appointed, comfortable beds, nice sitting area.
We loved hanging out at the pool with the very comfortable lounge chairs. The infinity pool was very refreshing. Not huge, but perfect for the size of this resort. The chairs at the beach were not as comfortable and I would have liked them to be as nice as the ones by the pool.
The breakfast was perfect for us. Great selection of hot food and cold food. Loved the fresh fruit and different flavored pancakes were delicious. We ate lunch at the resort almost everyday. Nice selection too. Happy hour at the Sand Bar offered half priced mixed drinks and we enjoyed that.
We were not happy with the fitness center as it was basically a straw hut with no air conditioning & limited equipment. The heat made it very difficult to exercise. We did express this to the owner upon our departure and he told us they are building a new fitness center that will be air conditioned and offer more equipment by the end of the year.
We also were very happy to receive the metal water bottle to use during our stay. It was very eco-friendly and we have a nice keep sake from the trip. Another plus is the free wifi. You don't see that often.
Here are a few suggestions for places to eat outside of The Bucuti. Barefoot was amazing, our favorite meal. Also, Madame Janette was great, Papiamento and Matthew's which is in the resort a few doors down.
I can't say enough how much we loved staying here. If you are looking for a low-key, realizing, beautiful place to stay, The Bucuti and Tara is it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognition that includes #1 Hotel for Romance in the Caribbean 2017, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. No groups and no all-inclusive packages available. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily.Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, free breakfast and free WiFi. (Not all-inclusive) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach