“Perfect. You simply cannot stay anywhere else.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Irvine, California
“Perfect. You simply cannot stay anywhere else.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I spent months and months reading/researching about the resort and WOW is all I can say about the Bucti. My husband and I stayed at the Bucuti July 25 - August 2 for our honeymoon and fell in love with the resort and Aruba. The reviews do not do this place justice! Our expectations were exceeded immediately!

We had an incredibly long flight coming from Southern California, but as soon as we stepped foot out of the taxi, we were greeted by a cheerful gentleman at the curb who made us feel relaxed immediately. This was where the amazing customer service experience began as he knew exactly who we were right away and told us "relax! you're officially on your honeymoon" and escorted us to the lobby where we were greeted by numerous staff members and ice cold champagne. The check in process was a breeze and they were so helpful with answering all of our questions about the excursions we had looked into doing later in the week and helped confirm all dinner reservations. After enjoying a couple glasses of champagne during the check in process, we were escorted by a very pleasant gentleman who showed us to our beautiful beach front room in the Tara Suite building. The room was AMAZING and even better than I had expected. It was also a great touch to have a "Just Married" sign on the door and a happy honeymoon gift waiting for us in the room. We spent the rest of the week lounging on the beach (which is hands down one of the best beaches I've been to and I'm relatively picky considering we live in a beautiful beach town in California.), enjoying the hospitality provided by the bartenders at the beach bar during happy hour, and ate our way around the island. We also had the most amazing dining experience at the Bucuti one night when we dined at Carte Blanche. The seven course chef's choice dinner was out of this world and made for such a great evening!

It was by far the most amazing vacation experience either of us had ever experienced. I could go on and on and write a short novel about the Bucuti, but take my word for it along with everyone else who reviews the resort, you do not want to stay anywhere else, especially if you're celebrating a honeymoon or anniversary. We're already planning to return next July for our first anniversary!

Tips:
- Book the sweetheart sunset sail that is exclusive to the Bucuti. It was such a relaxing sunset sail with an open bar on a very clean catamaran. Unlike the other sunset cruises, this was limited to just Bucuti patrons and also provided roundtrip transportation.

- If you're looking for a superb dining experience, book dinner at Carte Blanche as soon as you make your room reservations. The food and wine pairings along with the service was perfect.

- Bring a waterproof camera. We were able to capture some great pictures from the water.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ashleyk949

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,231)
  • Hungarian first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

We came here last July for an eight day stay. This was our second trip to Aruba but our first time staying at Bucuti. This boutique hotel is absolutely wonderful. Friendly staff, great rooms and a beautiful stretch of beach. We brought along our little dog and found the staff to be super accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel and am looking forward to our next stay there.

Room Tip: Tara suites are the most ideal rooms with great views of the sea
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Frosini S
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon last night and before I forgot a single detail I wanted to write this review to help all of you out. After much indecision we settled on Aruba and from there to the top rated property on the island, Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort. I can't say enough about this place. From the moment you arrive you are treated like royalty. We stayed in the Tara Suite building, which has 4 levels of the same styled suites (0-3) with the penthouses being up highest on level 4. Our original room was on the ground floor or level 0 and honestly we weren't really crazy about our view but that was no issue for Assistant GM, Arnold, who promptly placed up higher to the next level. I should have guessed that was going to be a very good sign of things to come. I consider myself pretty well traveled and about equally as picky in terms of my preferences. I can honestly say that on the plane ride home yesterday my wife and I both said to eachother that there wasn't one thing about Bucuti or Aruba that we would want changed. Aruba is beautiful, with great activities and restaurants and it is very safe. You are not leery at all about being outside at night and/or away from your hotel. One night we went to dinner and then a club and were very comfortable moving throughout the city on our own. We rented a jeep another day and drove all over the island and felt fine about it. In terms of activities, I would highly recommend doing some fishing while you are down there. We chartered a boat and had an awesome experience, caching a bunch of fish. Baby Beach is cool, the snorkeling there is excellent, which was something neither of us had ever done. As for the resort, besides the beauty of the beaches, the luxury and cleanliness of the rooms and high level of customer service, the place is so serenely peaceful it's just really a pleasure to wake up there every morning. We met great couples there from all over the States and Europe. I could go on and on but I would HIGHLY recommend staying in Aruba at Bucuti. I need to give a shout out to my guy Mario from Bucuti, who may just be the happiest dude on the island!

Room Tip: Stay up higher if possible in the Tara Suite building as the views are much better. Would also reco...
5 Thank Steve C
Oxford, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The people at this place are a like a blue clad cult whose sole meaning derives from being nice to you. It was simply amazing. The resort is clean, calm and breezy. The layout of the rooms and the beach is spacious and uncramped. I could not have imagined a better place to stay. My wife and I explore a few of the other beach hotels and really could find nothing better than ours nor even a hotel that we would have thought about staying at.

One tip: The breakfast is free so no reason to skip out to Dunkin Doughnuts around the corner for coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Richard G
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Review "fantastic"

Thank you for your fantastic review on our resort and associates.

As you mentioned, the breakfast is free, wifi is free and the use of a netbook is free to. And you will not find any nasty surprises on check out - we do not charge additional taxes, service charges, facility fees or any other phantom charges. One price to paradise!

Thank you for your wonderful comments......

Respectfully yours,

Ewald Biemans
Owner
Biemans@bucuti.com
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our first time in Aruba and on our honeymoon we were beyond excited to stay at the Buciti and Tara. From the moment we first arrived on property you realize that Aruba is truly the "Happy Island." The hospitality, the setting, the quietness (even during construction) was all perfect during our 5 day stay. We stayed in the Tara Beach Suite and couldn't have asked for more perfect home away from home. They even had a freaking television in the bathroom mirror! The view of Palm - Eagle Beach was breathtaking and sitting out all day was the most relaxing I've personally ever felt on vacation. Do not look anywhere else for a romantic getaway. We have no doubt that we will be back at the Bucuti and Tara resort for many anniversaries.

2 Thank meleepele
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My trip to Aruba was over two years ago, but after my recent vacation to Cancun for a wedding, it made me realize what a wonderful place Aruba was. I enjoyed my trip to Cancun but not comparable to Aruba. This resort is perfect for couples and honeymooners. Room was nice and very clean. Beach was spectacular and secluded compared to the "hotel zone" of cancun. Food was great, service was great, atmosphere unbeatable. I've never been one to want to return to a vacation spot rather than trying somewhere new, but my husband and I are already talking about our next trip to Aruba at Bucuti Beach Resort. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: We got one of the lower cost rooms and it was beautiful and perfect. Save your money to splurge on o...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaraMichelle403045
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Review by ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.....

You said it absolutely perfectly . The beach boys started their song with ...Aruba, Jamaica ......for that same reason - they also claimed to find perfection here during their visit to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort in 2005. Penthouse 341 - 342.....

We look forward to serving you once again soon....and thank you sincerely.

Ewald Biemans
Owner

Biemans@Bucuti.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I spent 8 blissful days on our honeymoon at Bucuti. We just returned and we're already missing it. It's not the cheapest place on the island but I'm a firm believer that certain trips are worth the money.

First and foremost this resort is kid-free. This was one of the biggest selling points for us. As a young, childless couple we had visions of peaceful days by the ocean with cold drinks in hand--not screaming kids splashing us in the pool and crying. No offense to families but that's not an ideal vacation for us. A peaceful vacation full of luxury perks is exactly what we got at Bucuti.

The details are all taken care of here. The service is friendly and attentive without being invasive. When you check in you are treated to champagne and a cool, scented towel to freshen up. On the beach, the same attention to guests' needs applies. Cool towels are passed out, there is flag service for food and drinks should you find it too taxing to move from your lounge chair. There is a bar right on the beach with ample seating, clean lovely furniture, and delicious drinks. A pool is available if you want to avoid the sand and it's just as beautiful and surrounded by comfortable lounges.

The daily complimentary breakfast is fantastic and they were very attentive to my husband's peanut allergy and accommodating him with food he could safely eat. The lunch menu was just so-so, it's simple food but good. We never tried the hotel dinner because Aruba has so many stellar restaurants so I can't offer opinions on that meal. My one miniscule complaint for our whole stay was that the lunch service at the sandbar and restaurant can be agonizingly slow (slow even for "island time"). Often we were just ordering sandwiches and it took ages. All considered, that is a truly small complaint.

Concierge was incredible--especially Madeline! They confirmed our various dinner reservations, booked tours, cancelled reservations, answered our endless questions--all with a smile. They were truly a great resource. Even the owner of the resort is often around answering questions and saying hello to guests. Turn-down service is also available every night and it was just one more perfect touch.

I highly recommend indulging in a massage at the Intermezzo spa in the resort during your stay as well. The hot stone and aromatherapy massages were some of the best my husband and I have ever had. Plus, they'll let you book a couples massage room even if you don't buy a couples massage package.

Once you stay at Bucuti you're not going to want to stay anywhere else on the island. Beyond the stellar service, the rooms, beach, and entire property are immaculate. Clean and welcoming. Another fantastic feature is that the resort always has enough lounge chairs for all their guests. While the die hards do get out crazy early to snag the front row, all the seats are on prime real estate and not having to battle for a chair is fabulous.

This whole resort is run with such professionalism and attention to detail. You won't regret spending a little more and truly experiencing all Aruba has to offer.

Room Tip: The Tara side offers amazing views and more beach front rooms. I believe these rooms cost a little e...
5 Thank BethanyCantor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,676 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,541 reviews
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,307 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,804 reviews
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,128 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!