“Excellent Service”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Everyone did their best to make us happy. From the woman who cleaned our room, to the person who took our luggage, to the general manager...... It was the best motel/hotel I ever stayed at in 35 years of travel.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and very close to the beach...we basically wnt from our room to the Carri...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 883Mark
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Well, Thank you !
These are very kind words - ThirtyFive years of travel accumulates a wealth of experiences and to tell us we are the best is truly amazing.

We hope to serve you again soon....

Many many kind regards,

Biemans@bucuti.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,301)
  • Hungarian first
conn
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I can't say enough GREAT things about Bucuti!! If you are going to visit Aruba..you should REALLY consider coming here!! We just got back from a one week stay and all I can do is go on the live webcam everyday and feel sad that we had to leave!! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by the lovely smell of lavender and a lovely smile from Connie!! Connie checked us in with ease and I felt as if I were talking with a cousin or close friend! We were taken to our room...the garden view bungalow and it was BEAUTIFUL! The grounds are lovely...the pool is very welcoming and the beach is AMAZING!! Soft white sands..beautiful turquoise waters...heaven!!

We try to travel to a different island every year...and I promise you this is the nicest beach/sand/water/view that we have seen yet. We really felt like part of their family! The staff go above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable...but it goes beyond that! They seem genuinely happy that you are there. They have warm smiles and joke with you all day. Margarita was sooo happy everytime we saw her, I couldn't wait for breakfast everyday..which was always fresh..just to laugh and joke with her! Juan Carlos at the bar was like the funny cousin or uncle that everyone has in their family. Orianna was so sweet and pleasant at lunch! And everyday we were greeted by the manager Deborah who asked us how we were doing and if we were enjoying our stay. I just can't say enough great things!! It was also something special to watch returning guests check-in on their first day and see them hugging the staff and seeing that the staff remembered them all and many of their names!!! We spoke to so many couples who told us that they come to Bacuti every year and they would never go anywhere else.

We took a venture to the high rise hotels, just to see how they were and if the extra money we spent on Bacuti was worth it. The moment we stepped onto the first hotel beach property, I knew we made the right choice. All of the hotels made me feel like the people were sardines packed into a tight can. There wasn't the same relaxed feeling like at Bacuti. It seemed rushed and busy and I had anxiety by the time we hit the last hotel. I was soooo glad that we chose Bacuti and we will definitely be going back again!!!

Also..Bacuti is an Adult only resort...and that made a huge difference to us as well. We were looking for something romantic and quiet...and we got so much more. On our last day there, we said our goodbye's and our friends were sad to see us go. We got many hugs and everyone inquired when they would see us again. It was a wonderful feeling!!!
Thank you to everyone at Bacuti for making this vacation one we will never forget!!

3 Thank jmontalvo218
Conny, Juan Carlos, Margarita, Orianna and the rest of us here thank you for your wonderful comments. Your kind words are the best reward we could get.

We are proud to serve and hope to be able to do so again and again like so many other repeaters who come see us every day.

Masha Danki from all of us

Rochester, NY
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We booked Bucuti for Nov '13 to get married there. Mostly because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. The wedding planner, Nashette, handled everything great (the paperwork to get married in Aruba is a pain though, FYI). She did tell us she was leaving 2 weeks prior to the wedding to take a new job, and of course this stressed me out, but Lissy Lampe took right over and made sure everything was in place for us. It was perfect - 20 guests, on the beach at sunset - great food, great drinks, and the servers (particularly Christian) made sure our friends and fam were WELL taken care of!!!

We booked one of the beach bungalows - it was great for easy access to the beach, restaurant, etc., but was RIGHT next to the bathrooms. I was concerned at first, but it wasn't an issue at all. Next time, I might book a Tara Suite instead - we saw those and they were a little bigger. The Beach Bungalow had a large bathroom but the bedroom area was a little cramped (not much clearance between bed and dresser drawers). It was well-cleaned every day by Jasmine. I believe the shampoo, lotion and liquid soap was Aruba Aloe stuff, which was nice. It was in a dispenser in the shower. It might have been nice to give one of each in a little bottle to take with us upon leaving, but I understand this resort is eco-friendly and probably trying to cut down on waste. It is pretty expensive stuff, but it's an expensive resort too! It also would have been nice to get a mint on our pillow at night :) The decor was fine, a couple cracked tiles and whatnot but other that that it was great. The bed was SUPER comfortable.

Madeline the concierge was awesome and hooked us up w/ golf, restaurants, etc. all week.

Elements Restaurant was great for breakfast, and we had dinner there 2x (once the Romantic Dinner on the Beach in a cabana - well worth it but make your reservation as soon as you arrive as it fills up fast). Great service from our waitress Mirna (who, incidentally, baked us little shortbread cookies for our last night there!!!! So awesome!) The drinks at the bar were great too, I highly recommend Sand in Your Pants. Yum. They had a couple water coolers around to help yourself to cold water, but half the time they were empty which was a bit of a downer.

We also were able to sneak into Carte Blanche for dinner. HIGHLY recommended. Expensive but worth it - it was an "EPIC CULINARY JOURNEY". It is booked way in advance but we went on a waiting list and got in the third day we were there.

Had a couples massage - it was nice - not the best ever but it was OK. The room was kind of cramped for 2 people - I hear they are looking to make the spa a beach-side thing, which would be cool.

The pool was nice and clean and refreshing - so was the beach - never had a problem getting a chair. Good mix of umbrellas and non-umbrella seats available.

The only (big) downer of our stay was our second-to-last day, having just been married there (and spending a fair bit of $$$ at the resort)....my husband and I were sitting in chairs with another couple on the beach when a worker came and told us we had to move because we were too close to the cabana (there are 4 cabanas at the forefront of the beach that are reserved during the day for the occupants of the 4 penthouse suites). Apparently, the fancy Penthouse Folks thought us peons were encroaching on their coveted space (mind you, we were at least 10 feet away, and to the side, not in front blocking their view)....AND mind you, the Penthouse Folks apparently invited their 4 other friends to their cabana because they were both inside AND outside sprawled around their cabana.....SO apparently the Penthouse Folks complained to the workers, who in my opinion should have reminded them it is a public beach....but instead we were asked to move away from the cabana area. Quite embarrassing and a bit dehumanizing. I realize they must try to make everyone happy, but that was ridiculous and after feeling so fabulous all week, I felt about 3 inches tall. Enough to make this a 4-star instead of a 5-star review. :((((

Anyways, aside from that, a fabulous place to stay. The workers (even the landscapers and cleaners!) were the most genuine, happy people I've come across in my travels. They went out of their way to converse w/ you. Some small touches would be nice, as I said, a mint or flower on your pillow.......OR maybe you should have Mirna make tiny little bags of those cookies to put on people's pillows at night!!! They were so good!!! That would be very special.

Room Tip: Beach Bungalow to be close to beach/pool/restaurant - we were in 261 which had a water view; Penthou...
2 Thank cc0353
The wedding with one Glitch.

We apologize profusely for this unforgivable transgression! And are deeply embarrassed and at a loss of words.

All I can say, besides asking for forgiveness, is to let you know that we are in the process of re-training our (otherwise) wonderful beach attendants who earn us praise on an ongoing basis. We hope that you forgive us all - we are all guilty.

We would like to wish you an "Forever Honeymoon" and hope that you may give us another chance some time in the future.

With apologies

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Today is our second day home and we can't seem to stay away from the hotel's live cam to see what we're missing. From our arrival, where we were warmly welcomed with a cold cloth and glasses of champagne, to our last day, when we were wished well and invited back next year, our experience could not have been better. The entire staff, from the owner to the housekeeper, were warm and friendly. All were attentive and smiling. The beach!! It was like walking on sugar and just as white. The ocean clear and relaxing. If we felt a need for a change of pace the beautiful infinity pool filled the bill. And always the wonderful staff were near at hand. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and diverse. My husband and I work hard through the year and always look forward to our vacations and while we generally try to include an outing or two while away this year we did not, though we had intended to. The resort was so peaceful and relaxing we did nothing, and loved every moment of lounging, reading, swimming, and sunning. We can readily understand why Aruba is the most frequently re-visited island and now consider ourselves among those travelers. If you are interested in finding a resort that will satisfy your every need you must, must choose Bucuti & Tara! Thank you to the entire staff for making our vacation just perfect, we will definitely see you again!

4 Thank Sarah S
Greetings

We offer three live streaming webcams to lure you back to Aruba and our resort. They allow you to look at the place from every angle and we are proud to read your review, it is our reward.
Thank you from all of us here at Bucuti & Tara Beach
Ayo y masha danki,

Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 16 November 2013

As a travel agent who has had several honeymooners stay here, I was anxious to see it myself. What a fabulous place! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like valuable guests. We were taken to our room, which was an oceanfront deluxe - gorgeous views of the white powdery sand and the turquoise Caribbean Sea! There was a bottle of champagne, a round of Gouda, a box of crackers, and some chocolates awaiting us as well as metal drink cups and champagne glasses which are ours to keep. Breakfast was included and was better than I expected. A choice of eggs, potatoes, meats, cheeses, fresh breads, cereals, juices, etc. They even had smoked salmon.
The beds and pillows are very comfortable. The room has a flat screen TV in the bedroom and one in the mirror in the bathroom! The rooms are not large (standard, superior, deluxe) but adequate. There was a nice balcony with a table and two chairs.
There seemed to be enough palapas/umbrellas for everyone who wanted one, and the chaise lounges were wicker with pads, not the flimsy strap chairs.
There was a mixture of Americans, Dutch, Germans, Brits, and Canadians mostly.
Overall, a top of the line resort, and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: Oceanfront deluxe in Bucuti have an awesome view of the beach and Caribbean Sea.
2 Thank viking4866
Thank you for your kind words!
We are truly blessed for having been able to assemble an ensemble of such great associates, who really enjoy service. We are proud to serve you and look forward to a speedy return.
Te Aworo - until soon as we say in Papiamento...
Stockholm
Reviewed 15 November 2013

If we were to chose one single thing that makes Bucuti unique it is without any doubt the staff. I have never met anyone so friendly and honestly committed to our experience. Always a smile, a comment or friendly banter, total focus on us as customers and anticipation of our questions and needs.

The hotel itself and its facilities - perfection.

2 Thank Alexander N
Thank you for complimenting our many associates - it is true - they really make the place. We are fortunate for having been able to assemble such a great group of co workers who truly enjoy what they do.

Masha Danki - we hope to serve you soon again.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 November 2013

From arrival to departure this resort is a wonderful experience.We chose Aruba & Bucuti for our 10th wedding anniversary and so glad we did. If you are looking for a plush, all adult,quiet getaway this is the one for you. We decided on a garden room where upon arrival they had left a bottle of champagne, cheese and crackers and small sign on the door. We were very pleased with the comforts of the room and even had a partial ocean view Not spending much time there, it seemed we would get up and go down for a great breakfast which is included and then hit the beach under an umbrella and cushy lounge chairs for the day. Happy hour and music start at four with drink prices starting at $4 what a great deal and a good way to enjoy the fantastic view of the sunset. After going to the high rise district and seeing the crowds and noise we knew we had made the right choice to stay at Bucuti and was always glad to be back after venturing out and about. It was the most beautiful resort and stretch of beach in the low rise also and we are already planning a return trip. The infinity pool is not to be missed and we loved that as beautiful and simple as it is they did not try to make it the focal point and compete with the beauty of the beach. Staff was very helpful from directions to the grocery, taxis and rental car as well as making all our dinner reservations. We have stayed at some pretty wonderful places, but my husband is still kidding me that this is the only place I was planning another trip to before I left the beach! Can't be soon enough for me!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank robinnest1
Thank you for your compliments on staff and resort. We also cherish the peace and quiet and a limited amount of nice guests. It keeps the place uncrowded.
We are glad you had a wonderful time and hope to be able to serve you again in the very near future.

With kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!