“Perfect for our Honeymoon - First Class!”

Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brookfield, Connecticut
“Perfect for our Honeymoon - First Class!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a MUST for your honeymoon or romantic trip - no kids allowed, greeted with champagne, beautiful balcony (Jr. Suite), and beach so private that it is so relaxing, but not too overcrowded. Enough room for all guests to get chairs and umbrellas that were already set up for us. Servers on the beach, great concierge's and wonderful staff! The restaurant is great. Free breakfast with the rooms, WIFI everywhere and so many other couples around just great people overall. Stay here!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the sweet! We have a full kitchen, enormous balcony and living room with doors from the b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
A forever honeymoon is our wish for you! Thank you for choosing our resort for this momentous occasion and please keep us in mind for future occasions - we are here to serve you.
Ewald Biemans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,293)
  • Hungarian first
Pearl River, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife & I spent last week totally relaxing and enjoying the Bucuti & Tara Resort. From the champagne check-in to the easy (but sad) check-out, Bucuti met or exceeded all of our expectations. The entire staff was incredibly friendly & always ready to help with a smile. The beach is beautiful, with plenty of room for everyone. The food & drink were excellent - the bartenders could whip up anything you could think of although I do wish they had the local beer Balashi on draft! The weather was spectacular. It was a wonderful vacation and I know we will return.

1 Thank Tcb1951
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Congratulations and wishes for many many more anniversary celebrations.
We are grateful for your wonderful review and hope to see you soon again on our shores,
Masha danki
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 April 2014

- Friendly, servicing staff with a sincere smile
- Enough sunbeds with umbrellas, no need to rush for a sunbed in the morning
- Breakfast until 11am (relaxed feeling , no rush)
- Free cold water available at the pool and the beach
- Good facilities for wheelchair guests
- Free wifi
- In-room charging station (for all devices)
- Daily happy hour with small bites (salty items make the guests thirsty ;-)
- Very good kitchen (especially the Skirt Steak Churrasco Style was mouth watering!)

Room Tip: It's a small hotel, quit, no noise from the street. All rooms seem to have a good location, all...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
thank you so much for your wonderful comments !
we will try to maintain that haven of peace and tranquility so you return to us again.
Masha danki
biemans@bucuti.com
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose the Bacuti and Tara after much research and reading plenty of reviews on Tripadvisor for our honeymoon.Upon check on we were blown away by the beauty and hospitality. Mario was the first person we met and he was such a delight. We were ushered to the check in where we met Arlene (I believe that was her name. I apologize if I am wrong) and given a nice cold glass of champagne and a cold hand towel. Chris took us to our room. We were so given a bottle of champagne, 2 glasses, chocolate, cheese and crackers as a welcome for our honeymoon. The hotel and ground are beautiful and kept in immaculate condition. The complimentary breakfast was a welcome plus and was delicious. The drinks were great and the pool was nice. The beach is absolutely beautiful and pristine.I love that the hotel is adults only making it such a relaxing time. We are already planning our return. Special thanks to Mario, Arlene, Patrick, Jessica, Aldrick and our housekeeper Marie. Thank you all for everything.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJbeauty201
I agree with you wholeheartedly - Aruba is Paradise. I live here for 45 years and everyday it is confirmed to me as the day goes on.
Mario, Alene,Patrick, Jessica, Aldrick, Chris and Marie and the entire crew of outstanding associates thank you and salute you from this little paradise called Aruba.
We hope to serve you again soon,
Masha Danki
Mexico City
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I treated my husband to five days at the Bucuti and Tara Beach Resort for his birthday and to relax after a horrendous winter in the north east and stressful times at work. I could not have selected a better location. Two things make Bucuti special. The first is the beach and it is everything you would expect and more. I last visited Aruba 30 years ago when the high rise section was like the low rise área is today, so for us there was no debate that we would stay in the low rise área which was so clean, quiet and well maintained. The second is the atmosphere. Many reviews here have alluded to it, but there is something unique about Bucuti that is hard to put your finger on. A lot of it comes from the great staff and adults only, but the hotel is also not a glitzy chain hotel in decor or spirit. It does live up to the boutique moniker. Only three small gripes (have to give something to improve upon!): there are connecting rooms in the Bucuti side (not sure about Tara) which does affect how quiet your room is; no tennis courts or really any sport amenities except for the gym, which is great; and no 'real' hangers in the closet (I can't stand those attached thingies, which always scream 'motel' to me). Overall though, book it and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We chose the standard room in the Bucuti, facing the parking lot side, which had a nice terrace and...
1 Thank LBBMexicoCity
Recharging and total relax is what we stand for..... Thank you for your wonderful comments.
Connecting doors will have extra insulation soon and this will ameliorate eventual noise from next room, and tennis is available on request adjacent to our resort. We are investigating the claim of motel hangers as we should have real cloth hangers in every room. Our apology for this - maybe some of the original ( 26 years ago) then standard ring hangers were left accidentally in one room.
We hope to spoil you soon again ....

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We spent a week at Bucuti in April 2014. While we were initially deterred by the cost, we very quickly realized the experience was well worth the price. The rooms are luxurious and the resort staff has an incredible attention to minor details from champagne while checking in to daily turn down service. The room includes free access to the beach, which is one of the best beaches on earth. This access comes complete with towel service, extremely comfortable chairs and a large umbrella. We spent most days simply lying on these chairs reading. There is no better way to relax and recharge than this.

There is also a lovely pool right next to the beach. The rooms are also wonderful. Our room had a TV in the bathroom mirror, which we initially giggled at then found ourselves watching in the evenings as we got ready for dinner. There are also many other small details in the room like cell phone chargers, free Wi-Fi, coffee maker, microwave, and very nice balcony or patio.

Also included in your room rate is daily breakfast. This was a complete hot breakfast with everything from omelet bar and pancakes to fresh meats, cheese and fruit. The food was also very good as it is cooked at their on-site restaurant. Next to the restaurant is the "Sand Bar" only for resort guests. The staff at the bar are friendly and attentive. The bar is exclusively for resort guests so it is never crowded. There is even a friendly parrot in a cage by the bar. I would highly recommend happy hour every day from 4 - 6 PM with half price drinks and live steel drum music. If you don't want to belly up to the bar during happy hour, you can order happy hour priced drinks from your lounge chair as well.

We spent the majority of our days at the resort simply relaxing. However, there are many other activities on the island. We took a snorkeling cruise with Red Sail Sports and it was very fun. The concierge at the resort is very helpful and will learn your tastes and find activities or restaurants to suit them. I highly recommend working with the concierge.

I highly recommend Bucuti for anyone looking for a romantic and relaxing getaway. They don't allow kids under 18 and we didn't see any kids at all except when venturing out far from the resort. And, we were there during Spring Break (celebrating our anniversary away from our kids)!! I would also recommend Bucuti for families with adult kids as well. We made a pact to come back with our kids when they reach 18! I won't be surprised if my wife and I find ourselves back again before that.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Garden View Rooms were wonderful. I would recommend the slight additional cost to obtain...
2 Thank Brian K
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
While at first sight the rate looks higher when comparing with other resorts one soon realizes that the inclusions like breakfast, taxes and service charges and wifi make it very reasonable - and there is no nickel and diming at the end of the stay -no add ons - no facility fees and energy surcharges that can in some places double the rate at the end.
WE thank you for your wonderful comments and hope to serve you again some time soon.
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We loved Bucuti&Tara. We went for my 35th bday/6th anniversary and babymoon. it was a very special trip and this was the perfect place. beautiful and Far and away the best service we have ever experienced (and we have travelled pretty extensively). Every single employee we came in contact with went out of their way to make us feel welcome and did so in a genuine way. When I took a little spill, tripping as I was pregnant and not watching what was near my feet, no less than four different employees came to check on me, bring me ice and continued to ask several days later if I was ok (despite me being fine). They were amazing! Orville brought me ice for my water bottle (and kept my water bottle full) and watched over me dilligently the entire stay, never letting me so much as move a lounge chair. orianna (breakfast staff), Anchie (towel hostess) and Sali always greeted us with warm hellos and asked about the baby, Mario (the bellman) even went and filled up a bottle of sand for me from the beach as I wanted to put it in the baby's room. We got a couples massage and it was wonderful and once again all of the staff were so caring and comforting. i had sunburnt the tops of my feet and they even sent me home with aloe to treat them. My husband worked with madeleine and rochelle at the concierge and we enjoyed many wonderful experiences and meals thanks to them, it was truly unforgettable. Our room in tara suites was great and we loved the view. The whole experience was stellar and well worth every penny. We have never traveled back to the same place but we loved it here so much, we are already talking about another trip. I highly recommend the Bucuti.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike D
We are grateful for allowing us to be part of your dual celebration - you honored us and we appreciate your very nice comments here.
Orville, Sally, Mario and the entire group of fantastic associates ( we are truly lucky to have such an amazing group of people) thank you very very much.
WE look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!