“Not the best, but still a good place to stay”
Review of Aruba Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Beach Club
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Warminster
“Not the best, but still a good place to stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I am somewhat torn about my review of this place. I really wanted to give it a solid 4 rating, but because of my particular experience with it, I needed to give it a 3. A 3.5 would probably be about perfect. The best way to describe this place - think of a Holiday Inn situated on a fabulous beach. It's not fancy. It doesn't feel like a "resort" in that sense. It is, however, a perfectly comfortable place on a fabulous stretch of beach. The room itself was simple but perfectly fine. The place was renovated 2-3 years ago so all of the furniture, etc. was in very good shape. The bathrooms were great - very large with a very large shower stall. The stalls have clothes lines in them for drying bathing suits, etc. Beds are very firm. We had maid service every day. They cleaned the dishes as well. In a cost and energy saving measure, they do not change the sheets during your stay. I had no problem with that policy, but others might. Maintenance was fine. We reported a burned out bulb in the bathroom on our way out. When we returned two hours later, the bulb was replaced.

We got this room very inexpensively through Interval International and paid almost nothing. When we booked, I knew we would not get the best room, and I was right. We were in room 112, which is at the intersection of everything. We faced the lobby entrance to the Casa del Mar and were as far away from the beach as we could be and still be on a beach front property. Still, even that wasn't so bad.

My only real problem was the noise. The way the ABC is designed, the hallways are echo chambers. Every little noise in the hall is amplified and echos. And because the floors are tiled, everytime the people above us moved a chair away from the table, we heard it. Also, since we faced the Casa del Mar, we had the noise from Matthew's. Some nights that place was really hopping! There was a wedding one night and other events during the week. The music was so loud that the ground shook. Fortunately, they seem to have a policy of shutting down by 11:30 pm. But that's only after you've had to listen to it for a couple of hours. Planning on being out of your room at night is a good idea.

Despite the noise, I would actually still recommend the place. Toward the end of the week, I had become more acclimated to the noise so it didn't bother me as much. (Earplugs are an essential item for travel.) This is not a fancy resort, but if that's not what you are looking for, this place is great. We met some wonderful people who have been coming to the ABC every year for decades. The place is clean and well kept. The beach is fantastic (I don't know what the previous poster was complaining about. It's one of the absolute best beaches in Aruba.) We were there in low season and never had a problem finding a chickee. I would think high season would be a different story.

The location is great. It's directly across the street from the Alhambra Casino and only a 3 to 5 minute walk to the bus stop. It's nestled in a group of resorts including the Casa del Mar, the Manchebo Beach Resort, the Bucuti Beach resort, and the Costa Linda resort. All of the restaurants in those resorts are in easy walking distance from the ABC. We used the services at the Casa del Mar all the time as we were closer to that lobby than to the ABC. We were able to book an excursion through Pelican Adventures and we rented a car through Toyota (I think the official car of Aruba must be the Yaris.) all at the Casa del Mar. All in all, we had a great time and would go back if we could get a room in a better location - a second floor room facing the ABC.

Aruba took me a little bit to get used to. It's not what I expected. It's a piece of the Arizona desert plopped in the middle of the Caribbean ringed with beautiful white sand beaches and the most gorgeous azure blue water you have ever seen. We love to snorkel and we loved being able to drive to Baby Beach and Boca Catalina and just walk off the beach into a world filled with tropical fish of every kind. We had a great time lizard-watching and had a beautiful turquoise Aruban Whiptail lizard greet us every morning on our patio. I am definitely in the Aruba zone now and can't wait to get back.

We're not into casinos but there are quite a few restaurants, especially up at the high rise section. It's much livelier up there. It's easy to hop a bus to the high rises. Taxis are also plentiful. Better still, rent a car for all or part of your stay. It gives you a lot of freedom to travel all over the island. It's not big.

Oranjestad rolls up the sidewalks precisely at 6:00 pm every evening. Shops stay open till 10:00 pm up at the high rise section. Prices are high, but we went to Lings for groceries and ate breakfast and lunch in the room (or packed sandwiches for a picnic lunch when we were driving around.) We only ate dinners out. Some places like The French Steakhouse in the Manchebo Beach Resort have early bird specials which are definitely worth checking out.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OlderTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New York City
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Nice clean hotel, but has NO BEACH. Big rocks are use to block the water.
The pool was alway full, no chairs available unless you were up at 5 AM to reserve one.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lamas1963
Boston, MA
Reviewed 23 June 2009

We stayed at the Aruba Beach Club from June 13th to the 20th. Since this was our first visit I spent several days on the various message boards and resort websites to familiarize myself with the area, which I would recommend for anyone going there. The check-in process was quick and painless and our room was immaculate. I don't think the unit had been used hardly at all since it was on the side with a view of the Casa del Mar. We thought about asking for a better beach view but then figured we'd probably never been in the room long enough to care, and we weren't. The housekeeping staff were first rate! We also found the front desk staff to be very helpful. Instead of letting us take a cab to Ling & Sons they called the shuttle which dropped us off just a 5 minute walk to the store and was there when we got back. We purchased beer and food mainly for lunch and the beach.

On our first night we went to Matthews for happy hour and were disappointed in the lack of any alcohol in the frozen drinks and just ordered a couple of Balashi's instead. We decided to have dinner there as we had been up since 3am. I ordered the filet mignon and it was great. We had the Sunday brunch there as well and it was fine. We pretty much had the place and buffett to ourselves!

I had read about the need to get up early and reserve a palapa on the beach so I set my alarm clock for 7am and ventured out with towell and bag in hand but found myself alone among many great spots to sit. I chose #66 on the beach and used that for most of the week. The beach and water were great. The only time it got crowded, ie more than 20 people, was on Wednesday afternoon. Other than that it was very quiet and peaceful.

We hit happy hour at the Tortuga Bar twice and met some nice people and enjoyed the drinks and friendly bartender and staff. We had dinner reservations and actitivites planned away from ABC on most nights so we didn't eat there at all.

Overall the ABC is a great place for older couples and families, which we were not but I would definltely go back because it offered a truly fun and relaxing vacation. We opted not ot rent a car and just used the bus or taxi and that worked out great as well.

I prefer the beach at ABC and the low rise hotels becasue there is plenty of room to walk and enjoy the beach and water. The water activities at the high rise hotels were just a 10 minutes bus ride away and that was fine with us. We did a snorkel and sunset cruise, but were mainly in Aruba for the beach. They have nice but small pools at both ABC and CDM, but we didn't use them.

A great time!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Bosox09
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2009

My husband and I exchanged our week to stay at Aruba Beach Club thru International Interval. When we arrived to check in it seemed that only one person could check you in even though 3 people were behind the desk. When they gave us our room key and everything they gave us a separate paper card that was to charge things to our room. I have always been at places where your room key also charged to your room. Once we got to our room it was okay but the beds are extremely hard!! I think it might have been just as comfortable to sleep on the floor. The bathroom was nice and big but our fan didn't work so it was very steamy after a shower. I know you don't go on vacation to watch tv however I believe our tv in the room was only about a 19 inch. Now the pool is very small but the beach is beautiful!! However if you don't get up at the crack of dawn you will not get a seat at all at the pool and on the beach you will be in the very back. It is so annoying when people put crap on chairs to save them and then don't show up until after lunch. We ordered two drinks from the pool bar and they were extremely expensive. We ended up going to the grocery store and getting our booze there. It ended up being much cheaper. Another day we ordered a quesadia from the pool bar and it was basically 2 soft tacos for $9. On you Friday I tried to charge something to my room and they told me they could only accept cash because I was checking out on Saturday. No where did it state this or did they tell me this.

Overall I really enjoyed the beauty of the island but it just seemed the people didn't really take care of you like other countries. The pool/beach did not have waiters. I'm on vacation I would expect to have a waiter bring me my food and drinks. If you looking for that don't book to stay here because you will be getting everything for yourself.

My huband and I were much younger that the other guest so maybe we just didn't fit in, maybe in the future I would like it more but right now I don't plan on going back.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
5 Thank dukegirl
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Everything was wonderful about the Aruba Beach Club. We had a terrific stay at this resort, the rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. The views from the rooms were fantastic - an ocean view from every room, can't go wrong with that. The beach at the ABC is great, nice and spacious and one of the closest resorts to the beach. No roads to cross or anything in your way of a great vacation!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 13 May 2009

We booked this hotel through a last minute exchange through RCI, so we got an extremely good deal on it. Still, based on some of the reviews I was worried that it would be a total dump, but the place is wonderful! We had a second floor studio room, it had huge cathedral ceilings and was spotless. It's obviously not a Four Seasons or anything, but we thought the hotel was just perfect, we had a nice view of the ocean from our balcony, too.
We were just there to relax, and this was the perfect place to do it - it was quiet and peaceful by about 9 PM. In the morning we did go straight to the beach to "reserve" a palapa because we needed shade! If you're ok sitting in the sun, there were always chairs to be found at any time. The shaded ones were tougher to find as the day went on, and we liked the ones right by the water's edge, so we just joined everyone else in reserving them early. The beach, by the way, is amazing! You can walk for miles in either direction. We did not rent a car because 1) we love to walk and 2) we tend to drink enough with dinner that driving home from a restaurant would not be feasible. We found plenty of great beach-side restaurants within walking distance (although we did walk like 2 miles to furthest one we went to).
Anyway, all in all, we had a great time, and I recommend this place for a GREAT location, a wonderful beach and clean, full-equipped rooms. Feel free to email me if you have more questions!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KES317
ny
Reviewed 6 November 2008

My family has been traveling to Aruba, staying at the Aruba Beach Club since the early 80's. We own time shares 4 different weeks between Dec. and March & make it down nearly every year.
I take my kids now & they love it, too. ABC has the best beach on the island with big waves, we are right across the street from the Alhambra Casino & shopping center, & minutes from town.

Stayed March 2007