“Luxury Accomodations”

GreenLeadersGold level
Latham, New York, United States
“Luxury Accomodations”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the RC in Palm Beach 6/2014 for a company function. Truly a great experience because of the resort. Everything was professional and well done. The staff was exceptional in their service and willingness to do whatever was required to make our stay special. My only negative would be that the prices at the resort were exceptionally high. I know 5 star resorts come with a price and I was fortunate to have most my expenses covered by my company, but I would recommend they lower their prices on the resort by about 10 to 20 percent. We dined the first night in la crustaces (see food restaurant in resort) It was fabulous, again very expensive. We received excellent service in booking trips and finding needed items. Gregory at the pool was helpful and friendly and was genuinely engaging. I cannot state this emphatically enough, the staff is great. The pool and facilities are top notch and Aruba itself is beautiful. I would highly recommend staying here for a vacation where you will be pampered and attended to completely.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms facing the beach are great. Try to stay in the center portion as there are only el...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Philip B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We decided to stay here at the very last minute. We had room booked at another hotel but it was going to be too small for a family of 4 including 2 teens and I am so glad we did. We had a wonderful experience staying at this property.

The Hotel: A new hotel only open about 6 months. It has a very nice minimal design with a beachy feel. One strange design choice was to have only 1 elevator bank of 3 elevators for a hotel with over 300 rooms. There was never a long wait or overly crowded elevators but we stayed at the room furthest from the elevator. It was quite a walk! It was fine for us but if you have mobility issues you will want to let them know you need a room closer to the elevators.

The Staff: Excellent! They are very attentive and helpful. The beach & pool staff was especially exceptional. Courteous, helpful and friendly. It was a pleasure.

The Room: Large and nicely decorated. Balcony makes it feel even larger. We had a full ocean view but apparently to get that view you have to do the long walk from the elevator. Worth it for us. Beds very comfy. The bathroom was huge with 2 sinks. Perfect for our family of 4. The internet in the room was super. Only had trouble logging on once or twice during our 5 day stay and even then it cleared up quickly. Once connected the connection was strong. No problems -- a real plus when traveling with a working husband and teenagers. Housekeeping was very good with 2 services daily. My only complaint was that they never left enough towels. 3 towels for a family of 4 just isn't going to cut it. I had to call every day and ask for more. They usually came pretty quickly once I called. Just a little odd.

The Restaurants: We ate lunch by the pool 2 days. Very good food and excellent service. The italian restaurant on the property is your typical hotel restaurant. The food is decent but the prices are a high even by Aruba standards. $13 for a tiny glass of wine? Give me a break! Since you really need to take a cab to any other restaurant it would have been nice if this was a more viable option. There is a 3rd restaurant that we did not try. We just did croissants and coffee from the lobby bar for breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Pool & Beach: As I mentioned, the beach and pool staff is excellent. You can reserve your lounge/umbrellas by the pool or beach and it is yours for the day. The water is calm, no waves which is good for relaxing. Next door you can take out paddle boards and kayaks at no charge. Access to renting just about everything else is a short walk. The only weak spot are the pools. There is an adult pool and a family pool. We didn't go to the adult pool because of our kids but it seemed to always have more people and since there were very few families with small children the family pool was fine. But both pools were quite small. The family pool is salt which is very nice but almost too warm to be refreshing.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues request a room near the elevators as most rooms are quite a walk.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Deborah M
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We came for a week half business and half vacation. The service is unmatched. The entire staff is very helpful and attentive. Sheila in the spa have me one of the best massages I have ever had. The rooms are immaculate. The food is very well made and good portions. Kimberly at the Red Sail Sports desk booked our half day snorkeling trip with Red Sail and all day jeep tour with ABC tours and called around to find a waterproof camera. The entire pool staff and wait staff were so attentive you feel like royalty. This is the place to stay if you come to aruba for business or couple vacation.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Andrea P
St. Louis
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

There is no comparison to the Ritz service. Upon check in, my husband and I were greeted with champagne and our children provided bottled water. To my surprise and delight, we received an upgrade to executive suite as our family was in Aruba celebrating my birthday. Hotel was gorgeous! Breathtaking! I have stayed at many Ritz properties and this is one of the nicest!

Beach service outstanding! Book the Ritz to be pampered. Excellent food and drinks - not overpriced. Thanks Dany - Guest Services and entire Ritz staff for an amazing stay.
Free Ritz Kids short outdoor activities each day kept 6 yr old engaged and happy. Complimentary drink samples provided on beach. Beach Bartender also created a frozen margarita with fresh mango purée and strawberry JUST FOR ME. Complimentary beach floaties and staff sets up beach chairs. I was consistently pampered.

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank JJAMom
Brasil
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First of all , before writing about the hotel, I would like to make you aware, the weather in Aruba is most of the time overcasting, EVEN, in may, june, when it should be the best season. I take the care of writing this , after 3 times full weeks vacations in three years in a row. Always like that!!! So be aware it will be difficult to see the pictures you find on the internet.
That said, the people is great in the island , and very welcoming.
About the propriety, I should be very honest, it is a great propriety, with high level of the service. For sure the issues regarding service the face in the start up are over. The hotel set itself aside of other ones in palm beach exactly on this: SERVICE. Only to have couple examples , my wife missed the arepas ( tipical dish from the ABC island) on the Breakfast. Next morning the waiter Edward brought to our table some arepas! Both the lobby bar and the Solanio restaurant promptly bring us itens from the menu of each other, as we requested. On the beach, David is full time taking care each of the guest are ok. this is really what one would expect from a Ritz.
The the whole building , including public all public spaces, and the rooms , are according to expectation, but do not have the WOW factor. You would not really be impressed by some new feature neither high archtecture/decoration, Of course, this has to be personal taste, but when I compare to hotels in asia, or even us, and other island, this is far from causing me wow!!.
the negatives:
they run out of hot water two nights in a row. Letters letting us know in advance and asking excuses, as we would expect.
They missed the turn down one night
Had to ask for slippers, even they were part of the room description
I found the menus from restaurants pretty short, for a 7 nights stay as was my case
I would only giving 4 because of the service, that at the end is what makes the biggest difference.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eduardocmeira
Albany, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It appears that the earlier reviews of this hotel have caused them to take notice and indeed they did. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left the service could not have been better.I have traveled around the world and the service here rates as one of the best. Its all the little things like remembering your name to bringing you all day complimentary snacks at the beach and pool areas . I would like to especially call out David and his team for making the pool and beach areas just a fun and great place to hang and for providing exceptional personalized service and attentiveness.They cant seem to do enough to make sure your stay is a pleasant and memorable one. The fact that the grounds are beautiful and beach is quiet and nice and that little things like free paddleboard and kayak are provided just add to the experience. I would suggest though that they add something similar like the Marriott next door for breakfast and also add a swim-up pool bar, but am sure they will continue to grow as time passes. Thank you for a great vacation!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joe r
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 June 2014

LOVED this place. Not only are you in one of the most beautiful places in the world, but the hotel itself is nice. The staff was very friendly with helping on what to see while we were there. The only thing I did not like was having to walk past the smoky casino on the way to our room. They should have doors closing that area off so passerbys do not have to smell that.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple