“Entertainment in Lobby Bar at Aruba Ritz Carlton, Palm Beach”

The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Entertainment in Lobby Bar at Aruba Ritz Carlton, Palm Beach”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stopped into the new hotel and casino and heard the most beautiful songstress accompanied by keyboards which immediately drew my attention. Her soothing soulful sound was a cross between Sada, Alicia Keys, and Jill Scott, with a little R&B mix. She was wonderful! I don't know the groups name, only the singers name was Lucre and she performs there on Tuesday and Friday. It's worth the trip to the Ritz, just to see her. I hear she will be performing at the Divi All-Inclusive on Saturday night also. I'll be there! When you are in Aruba and If you love good music, find Lucre'. You will not be disappointed!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Harriet D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and our 2 year old daughter stayed Ritz Aruba last week and had the most amazing time! We were fortunate because we arrived just as a large group left and we departed just as a large wedding group arrived, so the resort was practically empty. Prior to the trip, we worked with Dany Nieto in guest relations to secure our dinner reservations. Dany was prompt and informative.
Check-in and Room: Check-in was quick and easy. We were greeted by name by every staff member as we walked through the doors. They offered us champagne and water and gave my daughter a little beach bucket with toys. Dany was also there to meet us and take us up to our room when it was ready. We requested an executive suite at the end of the hotel where you have panoramic views of the stunning beach (same view as presidential suites), and we got exactly that. It was the last room in the hallway so we heard no hallway noises and while it might be a trek from the elevators, we always prefer the peace and quiet...not to mention the view! We were in room 4126 and it was heaven. Our double balcony had gorgeous views of the beach as if we were right on top of it, and the side view of the balcony was a gorgeous view of the resort. There was a rollaway bed as requested in the living room. There was also a beautiful presentation of goodies waiting for us - dulce de leche cookies (an aruban delicacy and SO delicious! I had hoped to pick some up at the airport duty free shop but no one sold them), couquors and pinoq. The master bathroom was massive and we loved the large shower. My daughter especially loved being able to use the handheld shower head. The living room had its own cooling system so we could keep it a little warmer for my daughter. The only minor drawback was the vent in the master bedroom was blowing cold air directly onto the bed so it made it a little too chilly at times. The bed was comfortable and I slept the best I've ever slept in over 3 months (im pregnant and sleeping has been tough lately).
The pool and beach: Exquisitie facilities all around. The beach is gorgeous with its iridescent blue water that is perfect for wading and paddle boarding. My daughter easily swam and walked around in the water. She also played in the white sand with all the beach toys provided by the ritz. It is windy in aruba but without it, the heat would be unbearable. The sand does get whipped up at times and it can hurt but it's better than not having any breeze. We spent a great deal of time at the pool as well. The family pool is ideal for kids with several water spouts. The towel hut has a large trunk of water and beach toys for your use. We spent one day at the adult pool because they were closing the kids pool area for an event, and it was even nicer! They have this long shallow ledge that allows you to sit or lay in the water before it gets deep. My daughter loved this area and loved jumping off the shallow part into the deeper part. Towel hut service is superb - prompty set up our lounge chairs with towel covers and towels, frequently brought us snacks (fresh cantaloupe, fruit pops, popsicles, drinks), and one time we brought a bottle of pellegrino from our room and David Coster had one of his team members put an ice bucket out for us while we were in the pool. Mario was fantastic (my daughter loved him, probably because he brought her popsicles often) and we especially enjoyed talking to Sean as well. The pool deck and beach are hot from the sun so plan to wear your sandals to and from the pool/beach.
Food: We had lunch at the argentine grill by the pool daily. My daughter loved the ritz kids food - mac n cheese, grilled cheese, spaghetti and meatballs. I got the madero salad with chicken every single day and even tried to replicate it at home. My husband got the fish tacos and quinoa wrap - both were delicious! We had daily breakfast at solanio. The breakfast was very similar to the ritz orlando breakfast buffet - both top quality. We dont normally eat enough to justify the buffet price but it was included in our room. Large selection of cereals, yogurt and oatmeal station, cheese and deli meats for european style breakfasts, omelet/egg station, breads and bagels, cream cheese, large fruit bar and pastry bar. everything was fresh and delicious. the wait staff was fantastic and when i inquired about the pineapple smoothie i had at the spa the previous day, they brought me and my husband pineapple smoothies at breakfast the next day! Little attentions to detail like this is what keeps us coming back to ritz hotels. One of the Solanio hostess gave my daughter a chef hat and gave her a personal tour of the kitchen. We ate all our dinners out.
Spa and fitness center: My husband used the fitness center daily and liked that it had a separate studio where he could jump rope. He also ran to and from the lighthouse daily if you want to get a few miles in. I got a baby smoothie massage that i will think about for months!! the spa facilities are fantastic too (steam room, sauna, jacuzzi, meditation rooms, bath scrub buffet for showers, food and drinks - all in the women's locker room!). I highly recommend taking advantage. We didnt get a chance to check out ritz kids but i did see a couple excursions where they took the kids out to feed the iguanas. I will definitely take advantage of this when my daughter is old enough.

In summary, it was a luxurious and splendid vacation. We stayed at the Marriot Stellaris a couple nights to check it out for a possible larger family trip and it was a night and day experience. We couldn't wait to leave the Marriot. At the Ritz, you never feel the need to leave the resort. Yes it's pricey, but you get what you pay for. You get treated like royalty while you enjoy the best of facilities. Thanks again to Dany, David, Mario, Sean and a couple other wonderful follks from the towel hut. I also cant forget the wonderful Solanio and Argentine grill staff. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: We prefer the end rooms, less foot traffic going by your room and exquisite views!!
6 Thank Kokos777
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here with my family on vacation in early June. Let me first say that I am very hesitant to write a mixed review based on the beach and pool staff who are really trying to provide guests with a memorable experience. Without the dedication of Roden, Christopher, Alex, and Mariopan to make sure we had a great time, our stay at this property would have been just average.

We booked our rooms back in March after reading all the negative Trip Advisor reviews...and after reading some who indicated previous issues had been resolved. Interacted with Dany and Evelyn (Guest Relations) after we made the reservation. They were helpful and quick to answer our questions and provide direction on activities and resort amenities. About 2 weeks prior to our stay, Evelyn emailed me with a list of questions about how they can make our stay memorable. I responded that same day. A few days later, I received another email from her asking the same questions. I responded again. Then a few days later, I received a phone call from Evelyn inquiring basically about the questions she asked me twice previously. For the third time, I responded to her questions.

Day of arrival: Nice brand new facility. Not as breathtaking as other Ritz properties, but depending on your taste, it is a very nice high class resort...you just don't get the wow factor when you walk in. Check-in was quick. 3 people working the desk...looked like they weren't busy. Offered us drinks upon arrival (nice touch). However, no mention during check-in about amenities, location of restaurants, pools, kids club, wifi, etc. Felt as if they had better things to do and trying to get us out of the lobby. I asked about the Kids Club activities, which she said that I would need to go downstairs to the Kids Club and ask them. (We did later in the day....but to find out that the Kids Club was under construction and the room didn't currently exist, nor did they have the scheduled activities that Evelyn sent me several weeks ago. Oops, someone dropped the ball. How could the front desk staff not know that the Kids Club room didn't exist?) Also, they forgot to mention that the family pool would be closed for a special event...how nice of the resort.

We were surprised when I asked the front desk clerk a question, they were not proactive and required that I do the leg work. In previous Ritz stays at other locations, the staff anticipated my questions and either had the answer or would get the answer and let me know. It appears that the front desk and guest services staff aren't to the Ritz level yet. We were walked to our room without any tour of the facility or explaining where restaurants or pools, fitness or spas were located. Again, it felt like we were troubling them with our questions about the resort.

Day Two: My wife sent the Guest Relations team a message explaining our less than satisfactory experience during our first 12 hours at the location. (I think she said that the Marriott next door would have provided better service.) A few hours later they emailed us back and offered to give us a pool cabana during our stay (ok...that was really nice). But, they said nothing about who/how/where to take advantage of this. We had to talk with 3 different people before finding out how we can use the cabana. Again, not a big deal, but at a Ritz....we shouldn't have to do all the leg work. Ate breakfast at the restaurant. I had fruit and yogurt. Figured how could they mess this up....well, they did. Received 5 small pieces of melon and a cup of plain yogurt ($12). Also, $6 for coffee that was horrible. We went elsewhere during the remainder of our stay for breakfast.

What turned this 1 star experience into a 5 star was the pool and beach staff (who get what staying at a Ritz is about). These guys (Mariopan, Roden, Christopher, and Alex) have the mindset to turn this place around. They know what customer experience is about and know why people stay at a Ritz....it's not about the hotel room....but about how to create memories. This is something that the front desk and guest relations staff is severely lacking (maybe the pool and beach staff can train the front of house staff). The pool and beach staff knew our names before we knew theirs...they even sought us out at the pool during our first day to say hello. Roden is an artist and would joke around with our children each morning at the beach. He also carved pictures in the sand for our kiddos. Again, this is what staying at the Ritz is about.

Overall, the resort is nice. Not many families there. At night the place is dark and dead compared to the other resorts who have lots of people hanging outside listening to live music. After 5 nights we had to move hotels due to room availability. We carried our luggage though the lobby, opened the doors and walked into the cab without anyone from the front desk or guest services saying good-bye...thanks for staying. Went over to the Marriott for one night and was greeted at a much higher level than the Ritz. Hopefully management wakes up and reminds the staff they work at a Ritz.

17 Thank bizjet00
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear bizjet00,
Thank you for sharing this post. The experience as you described is everything a Ritz-Carlton should not be, with the exception of the Recreation staff. I understand your disappointment and I sincerely apologize for the substandard service you have received. I will make sure that our ladies and gentlemen will be better equipped with information about what is happing at the resort and how to respond accordingly and appropriately to inquiries. The Ritz-Kids Club was undergoing an emergency repair and to guarantee the safety of our young guests it was necessary to close the Club for a short period. I am truly sorry that your children were unable to experience the Club during their stay. I will make sure that the gentlemen from the pool and beach you named are recognized for the wonderful service and extra attention they provided to you and your family. The Ritz-Carlton is very much about anticipation of needs and they nailed it. I am very appreciative of your feedback. It is very valuable as it allows us to evaluate our service and policies in order to ensure that the standards and reputation of The Ritz-Carlton are maintained. My only hope at this point is that we will be able to welcome you back in the future to provide you with the experience The Ritz-Carlton company is known for.

Tiffiany Holmes
Hotel Manager
Caracas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel room was great; comfortable with all the expected amenities. Very nice bathroom. We stayed at the 5th floor an enjoyed a great ocean view. Overall the service was great. We were pampered by Maritza, a very kind and love woman in charge of housekeeping our room; she made our stay much more pleasant.

Room Tip: Please make sure to ask for a room as close as possible to the elevators; the hallways are endless...
East marion
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My stay at the Ritz Carlto Aruba, the last week in May was amazing. I was greeted at the entrance with a glass of bubbly, nice touch. The staff at the resort were wonderful. The food exceptional. I thank the staff at the beach and pool restraunt for making my stay an exceptional visit. David Roden Antione Jonathan went above and beyond they are an asset to the Ritz Carlton. They make sure all your needs are met. I will retun next May and looking forward to seeing all my new found friends. Patricia ( the women with the white hair)

Room Tip: Stayed on first floor easy to get to ground floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
fredyt3
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is Aruba's newest resort property. It is located in Palm Beach and is adjacent Marriott's other three properies (Marriott Stellaris Resort, Marriott Ocean Club timeshare resort and Marriott Surf Club timeshare resort).

The property sits right on the beach and offers an exceptional view. It is very easy to get too, and is approximately 10 miles from the Aruba airport.

If you are use to the Ritz brand you will appreciate the impeccable ammenities. There are several restaurants on the property and in addition to a lounge and bar area, which features live music, a state of the art casino is within a few steps.

The reservation are lobby area is well-appointed and staff is very eager to greet you and handle your needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed for 8 nights at this property, and we loved it. The best part was the amazing staff. David runs a great team at the pool and pool restaurant. They were always willing to help in whatever way possible to make our stay more enjoyable. David runs a world class organization and he goes above and beyond to make the guests feel at home. The hotel is so beautiful, very classy and upscale. The rooms are awesome, modern decor, and the views of the beach and pool are outstanding. My reason for giving 4 stars instead of 5 is because I feel that the hotel needs to make a few changes, including more dining options and a coffee bar. We went next door every morning to grab a coffee, as they have a nice coffee bar with yogurt, fruit, pastries, etc… for breakfast. I recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Aruba. We <3 Aruba!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple