“Great time at the Ritz”

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great time at the Ritz”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

First time to Aruba. Was somewhat concerned about our stay at the Ritz, due to prior reviews. So glad we kept our reservation, nothing but a beautiful and relaxing stay at this hotel. Celebrating our five year anniversary and the hotel staff reached out to us via email prior to our check in and made dinner reservations for us. Provided an upgrade in our room, greeted us with champagne.
The staff at the pool/beach were more than helpful, provided drinks, towels, rafts and really anything you wanted, they were absolutely wonderful. The food at the restaurant/bar was probably one of the best lunches we had during our visit.
The hotel was low key, very relaxing and the service was excellent.
The only negative is the location, very last hotel and the wind can make your beach time a little difficult with sand whipping you in the face at times.

Room Tip: We stayed in executive suite, two beautiful rooms with a spacious bathroom. Facing ocean with a long...
2 Thank Wave2chris
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Wave2chris,

Congratulations on your five year anniversary. I am glad to see you created the post subject line with “Great time at the Ritz” as every anniversary or vacation should be nothing short of a great time. I will certainly pass on your comments to our ladies and gentlemen around the pool and beach whom provided you with very helpful service. As well to our chef in Madero’s regarding your comments on the lunches you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation to Aruba, we will keep the Champagne on ice for you.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently spent five days on Aruba at the Ritz Carlton. It is a new property on the north end of Palm Beach. The best part is the service. They do not disappoint whether it's the front desk or the gift shop. Even before arriving I received an email asking if there was anything I needed prior to or during my stay. We were treated well by everyone. The property itself is well situated and offers views of the pool complex and the ocean. I would say the higher you stay the better view you will have. The room itself was not over the top but functional and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ocean view and higher floor should lead to better experience as you sit on the balcony
2 Thank Dale H
Dear Dale H,

I would like to take a moment to say a personal thank you to you for making The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba your vacation destination this June. I am simply thrilled you refer to the “best part” is our service, the ladies and gentlemen certainly ensure they live up to the Island spirit to create memories for our guest even prior to arrival. The views of sunset are simply beautiful from the patios of the rooms.

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to your return on your next vacation in Aruba.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 June 2014

After reading the initial reviews, my expectations were low upon arrival. Any new hotel will have it's issues upon opening. It is now 7 months later, let me tell you, they have their act together, i received an email prior to arriving asking for any special room requirements. I had many including a quiet area, feather free, not connected to another and not following a pet. All were met prior to our arrival. The room was properly chosen and prepared. Even the coffee in the room was excellent (i always bring my own, didn't use it here).The chefs in the restaurants came out to meet me as soon as the servers told them of my food issues (of which there are many due to illness). They were over the top kind and accommodating! The service everywhere in the hotel was first rate! Better than several other Ritzs In which I've stayed. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this property.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want ahead of time
5 Thank ShariNJ
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear ShariNJ,

After reading your review it gives me great pride to have someone whom has travelled to many other Ritz-Carltons use the title “Top Ritz”. The ladies and gentlemen are very proud of the accomplishments they have made in 7 months so to be recognized by your post is truly an honor and thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba.

I am delighted that the guest relations ladies and gentlemen took such good care of your room requests to provide you with a room that met all of your expectations. I agree with you on the coffee in the room is simply “Excellent”. The Nespresso machines are a favorite for our guests. There is nothing like sipping the coffee in the morning on the patio of your room taking in the view of the ocean, pure relaxation.

I will ensure that our Culinary team is recognized in the efforts they put into ensuring all of your dietary needs were met. I understand that this can be challenging for diners with dietary restrictions and I know our team will go above and beyond to exceed those expectations with thoughtfully prepared menus and food options.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back on your next vacation.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my first visit to Aruba. Chose Aruba over other islands due to weather concerns with other islands during hurricane season. I read the reviews on a number of hotels in Aruba and was somewhat concerned about the reviews I was reading back in March when we decided on Aruba. I spoke to our travel agent who had also read the reviews but he said it's the Ritz, they will improve the problems.

The hotel was lovely. You can see the beach from the lobby. We were immediately offered champagne and an upgrade from an ocean view room to an ocean front room. The staff was very attentive and very polite. The room was lovely and the maid service twice a day was excellent. Ate at Solano and Madera restaurants and the food that we ordered was very good.

My husband and I love to spend time on the beach not at the pools. The pools were very nice but we spent every day on chaises by the beach. Aruba in June would be very uncomfortable if it weren't for the trade winds. Yes, we were hit by sand but it was not a surprise. It's Aruba! There was wind at the airport, the lighthouse and even downtown. By the 2nd day we had figured out that if we chose chairs near the trees on the beach we could lessen the number of directions that the wind could hit you with sand. If you went in the ocean there was no sand and you could rinse off all the sand that stuck to you. The beach sand was amazingly cool to the step. The beach service was great! David was outstanding on checking on us and making sure we were happy. Chris and Antoine also were attentive on the days they worked at the beach. When the crowd arrived on Friday, Saturday and Sunday the beach staff remained attentive and turnaround on drinks were still very well done. We were also pleased that the Ritz Carlton beach was spacious enough that we never felt over crowded as people were at the other hotels down the beach.

We were also impressed that there were a number of slots in the casino that let us play for an hour or so on $20 before taking it all. I even walked away one night $30 ahead.

We were not surprised with the prices for food or drinks as they were comparable to what we have paid at quality hotels on other islands.

I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton if you are seeking a pleasant relaxing vacation!

4 Thank Beverly O
Dear Beverly O,

Thank you for your recent review on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. It is a best kept secret that Aruba is below the hurricane belt which affords us beautiful weather all year long. I always enjoy reading reviews such as your that mentions the ladies and gentlemen as “very attentive and very polite” as well as mentioning our ladies and gentlemen by name such as David our pool and beach manager whom will always greet you with a smile, or Chris and Antoine who truly enjoy taking care of our guests on the beach. I will ensure they are recognized for their service they provided to you and your husband.

I have also shared with our Culinary team your “very good” comment regarding the food. We have just begun opening Madero’s not just for lunch, now you are able to enjoy outside dining and music for dinner as well. Next time you return to Aruba try the Ceviche it is my favorite.

You were a winner in our Casino that is fantastic. We look forward to you and your husband’s return on your next vacation to Aruba.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary here after staying at the Hyatt on our last few visits to the island and even though we loved it nothing compares to our experience at The Ritz. We were treated like royalty and the staff was amazing. It was truly a phenomenal and stellar vacation! We would like to recognize Jonathan,Bonny,Jaime,Bianca,and countless others that made our trip truly amazing. The Ritz is the only way to go for us from this moment forward and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: we were upgraded to a full ocean view with a large patio with 2 chaise lounges,2 chairs,a round glas...
3 Thank william s
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear William s,

Congratulations on your 10th year anniversary. It is always an honor for our guests to select our hotel as their destination of choice for special occasions such as this. I am delighted to know that our ladies and gentlemen made you feel like “Royalty”. I thank you for providing me with the names of Jonathan, Bonny, Jaime, and Bianca to recognize for ensuring you had a truly amazing experience.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba on your next vacation.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Overall a good experience. Our room on the club level was very nice and the club itself was excellent with good food and great service. The restaurants we visited at the hotel were all very good, with delicious food and good service. Now, the kinks...the beach is situated such that the wind is always blowing across you. They have planted bushes to try and reduce the wind, but the wind remains a significant problem, with sand being blown on and across you as you try to relax in the beach chairs. Or worse, the sand blows into your expensive bar drink and ruins it! The second kink was while we were sitting at the pool. The Ritz has a system where you raise a little flag attached to your chair when you are in need of service. We raised our flag because we wanted a couple of drinks. We waited nearly a half hour before we were noticed, and it was one of the beverage managers, NOT a poolside bartender who noticed us. The pool was not at all crowded at this time, so there was no excuse for this long delay. I will give kudos to the beverage manager however, who, after being made aware of the delay, got us our drinks for free, along with some fresh fruit and ice cream. So while the manager made the right customer service move, the poolside bartenders need to step up their level of service in our experience. The other kink for us was a severe lapse in judgment by the bell hop who was to deliver our luggage car side at checkout. We literally waited 25 minutes from the time valet pulled up our car until the bell hop brought our luggage out. His story was that he also had to retrieve another customer's luggage before he brought our's down. I don't think the President was staying there at the same time we were, so I consider it unacceptable to have a single bell hop sent to retrieve multiple room's luggage at the same time. I don't know if this is really what happened or if this was his excuse. Overall however, a beautiful hotel with mostly good service. One last kudos to the check-in staff who was friendly and brought us fruit and powerade as we headed out the door early one morning for a tour.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank H C
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear H C,

Thank you for your post about The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I am delighted that you refer to our club as "Excellent" the experience is very much what you describe with good food and great service. The view from the Club is like no other view on the island.

I also want to thank you for pointing out the mishaps you experienced around the pool and with the bellman upon check out. Rest assured that I will personally be looking into this and will conduct the necessary corrective training to avoid this in the future. I will be sure to recognize the beverage manager who provided you with a positive service moment by providing you with drinks and a refreshing snacks as well as our check-in staff whom provided you with a very warm welcome.

I hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to Aruba in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We love Aruba! This was our second time back and first at the Ritz Carlton, Aruba. We stayed on club level and had the best service ever! The staff was warm, friendly and very attentive to anything we needed! We felt that the Ritz was quiet and fairly private since they are at the end of the hotel strip. We went the last week of May and the weather was super. We ate at La Crustacea which is on property and was delicious. It was an easy walk to town too and we felt very safe while in Aruba! We will be back each year! One Happy Island!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lakechick14
Dear Lakechick14,

Thank you for your recent post about The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I am delighted to see you enjoyed the club level with “the best service ever”. I know our ladies and gentlemen on the club level appreciate these kind words you have for them. Le Crustaces is one of the guests favorite experiences on the resort, our chef works with the local fishermen to purchase the catch of the day to have displayed on our raw bar. I will ensure our Chef knows that you enjoying your dining experience.

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to welcoming you back to our One Happy Island on your next vacation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba? Share your experiences!