“Just great”

The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We initially booked our stay at the adjacent Marriott because of the reviews of the windy beach at the Ritz. After one night at the Marriott we decided that it wasn't our style - and walked over to the Ritz. It truly is an excellent property, great service. It was so quiet and relaxing. The beach is windy, I did get sand in my eye. Apparently May to August is windy in Aruba. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Shawn S
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Shawn S,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I am thrilled to know that our hotel met your style and your subject line reads “Just great”. The pictures that were in your post shows a great representation of our beach area here at the resort. The beach is very relaxing throughout the day and in the afternoon you are always able to make the switch to the refreshing adult pool or the family pool where you are able to finish out the day.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our ladies and gentlemen that provided you with the great service you experienced while a guest with us. We look forward to your return to our hotel on your next vacation to Aruba

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,230)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Aruba (RCA) for three nights with my wife for a business meeting. Based on the early reviews, I was bracing myself for a less-than-stellar experience. In fact, our stay was extremely pleasant, relaxing and luxurious; very consistent with the Ritz-Carlton brand.

WHY YOU WOULD LIKE THE RITZ-CARLTON ARUBA
1. Comfortable rooms. We had one of the “worst” rooms on the property…first floor, immediately past the shops. It was fantastic! We could still honestly say it was an ocean front room. We had a balcony. The bed was large and extremely comfortable. There was ample room to move about. We had our own Nespresso machine. No complaints here!
2. Bar. The bar is big and well laid out. You have ample room to hang out either inside or outside. In the early evening when the sun sets, the outside area is a perfect place to sit and unwind with your favorite beverage. The bar menu provides good, tasty options.
3. Beach. There is ample space on the beach. If you walk along this area, you will see other beach areas that are much more crowded than the RCA. We had no problem finding a beach umbrella. The staff was always there for you without being in your face. The sand is extremely clean and the water is warm, clean and as swimmable as you can imagine.
4. Quiet. At the north end of the strip of hotels, the RCA is the most quiet of the luxury hotels on Palm Beach. You feel you have truly away from your day to day worries.
5. Casino. The casino offers the usual options. The dealers are highly competent. The crowd (for the most part) is well-behaved. It’s a fun option if you choose to partake.
6. Car rental on site. There is a Hertz outlet on site. We got pretty stir crazy by day 3 so it was nice to be able to drive around the island and get away.
7. Food. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at various times during our stay. Each was very good. Our function had a buffet dinner on the beach and the vast majority of the options were excellent. The breakfast buffet was good and the layout of the restaurant (looking out on the beach) contributes to the overall peaceful ambiance.
8. Service. It happens at somewhat of an island pace, but quicker than other Caribbean experiences. Everything is done with a smile and the best of intentions.

WHY YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE RITZ-CARLTON ARUBA
A. Distance from other attractions. It’s a bit of a trek to walk to shopping or dining, especially if you want it to be outside of a neighboring hotel. The other hotels are located closer to the action. This is particularly problematic for breakfast.
B. It can get expensive. Due to its distance from other options, one tends to stay on premise. Drinks and meals can add up quickly.

The list of potential issues is pretty short. If you have chosen to go to Aruba, the RCA is an excellent choice to “get away from it all.”

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank gocats89

Dear gocats89,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I can see by your post you took full advantage of most all the amenities our hotel has to offer from our wonderful restaurants to the beach/pool experience to trying your luck in the Casino as well working with some of our partners here on the property. I am delighted you found our resort to be “pleasant, relaxing and luxurious”.

Our hotel does sit at the north end of the strip. We have the luxury of having the best of both worlds depending on if you would like to simply relax and enjoy or you are able to access Palm Beach area by the beach walking path or a 5 minute taxi ride away.

I will ensure that I do share your kind comments regarding the service with a smile with all of our ladies and gentlemen. We look forward to your next vacation when you return to Aruba to get away from it all.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

First time to Aruba. Was somewhat concerned about our stay at the Ritz, due to prior reviews. So glad we kept our reservation, nothing but a beautiful and relaxing stay at this hotel. Celebrating our five year anniversary and the hotel staff reached out to us via email prior to our check in and made dinner reservations for us. Provided an upgrade in our room, greeted us with champagne.
The staff at the pool/beach were more than helpful, provided drinks, towels, rafts and really anything you wanted, they were absolutely wonderful. The food at the restaurant/bar was probably one of the best lunches we had during our visit.
The hotel was low key, very relaxing and the service was excellent.
The only negative is the location, very last hotel and the wind can make your beach time a little difficult with sand whipping you in the face at times.

Room Tip: We stayed in executive suite, two beautiful rooms with a spacious bathroom. Facing ocean with a long...
2  Thank Wave2chris
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Wave2chris,

Congratulations on your five year anniversary. I am glad to see you created the post subject line with “Great time at the Ritz” as every anniversary or vacation should be nothing short of a great time. I will certainly pass on your comments to our ladies and gentlemen around the pool and beach whom provided you with very helpful service. As well to our chef in Madero’s regarding your comments on the lunches you enjoyed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation to Aruba, we will keep the Champagne on ice for you.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently spent five days on Aruba at the Ritz Carlton. It is a new property on the north end of Palm Beach. The best part is the service. They do not disappoint whether it's the front desk or the gift shop. Even before arriving I received an email asking if there was anything I needed prior to or during my stay. We were treated well by everyone. The property itself is well situated and offers views of the pool complex and the ocean. I would say the higher you stay the better view you will have. The room itself was not over the top but functional and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ocean view and higher floor should lead to better experience as you sit on the balcony
2  Thank Dale H

Dear Dale H,

I would like to take a moment to say a personal thank you to you for making The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba your vacation destination this June. I am simply thrilled you refer to the “best part” is our service, the ladies and gentlemen certainly ensure they live up to the Island spirit to create memories for our guest even prior to arrival. The views of sunset are simply beautiful from the patios of the rooms.

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to your return on your next vacation in Aruba.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

After reading the initial reviews, my expectations were low upon arrival. Any new hotel will have it's issues upon opening. It is now 7 months later, let me tell you, they have their act together, i received an email prior to arriving asking for any special room requirements. I had many including a quiet area, feather free, not connected to another and not following a pet. All were met prior to our arrival. The room was properly chosen and prepared. Even the coffee in the room was excellent (i always bring my own, didn't use it here).The chefs in the restaurants came out to meet me as soon as the servers told them of my food issues (of which there are many due to illness). They were over the top kind and accommodating! The service everywhere in the hotel was first rate! Better than several other Ritzs In which I've stayed. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this property.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want ahead of time
5  Thank ShariNJ
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear ShariNJ,

After reading your review it gives me great pride to have someone whom has travelled to many other Ritz-Carltons use the title “Top Ritz”. The ladies and gentlemen are very proud of the accomplishments they have made in 7 months so to be recognized by your post is truly an honor and thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba.

I am delighted that the guest relations ladies and gentlemen took such good care of your room requests to provide you with a room that met all of your expectations. I agree with you on the coffee in the room is simply “Excellent”. The Nespresso machines are a favorite for our guests. There is nothing like sipping the coffee in the morning on the patio of your room taking in the view of the ocean, pure relaxation.

I will ensure that our Culinary team is recognized in the efforts they put into ensuring all of your dietary needs were met. I understand that this can be challenging for diners with dietary restrictions and I know our team will go above and beyond to exceed those expectations with thoughtfully prepared menus and food options.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back on your next vacation.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my first visit to Aruba. Chose Aruba over other islands due to weather concerns with other islands during hurricane season. I read the reviews on a number of hotels in Aruba and was somewhat concerned about the reviews I was reading back in March when we decided on Aruba. I spoke to our travel agent who had also read the reviews but he said it's the Ritz, they will improve the problems.

The hotel was lovely. You can see the beach from the lobby. We were immediately offered champagne and an upgrade from an ocean view room to an ocean front room. The staff was very attentive and very polite. The room was lovely and the maid service twice a day was excellent. Ate at Solano and Madera restaurants and the food that we ordered was very good.

My husband and I love to spend time on the beach not at the pools. The pools were very nice but we spent every day on chaises by the beach. Aruba in June would be very uncomfortable if it weren't for the trade winds. Yes, we were hit by sand but it was not a surprise. It's Aruba! There was wind at the airport, the lighthouse and even downtown. By the 2nd day we had figured out that if we chose chairs near the trees on the beach we could lessen the number of directions that the wind could hit you with sand. If you went in the ocean there was no sand and you could rinse off all the sand that stuck to you. The beach sand was amazingly cool to the step. The beach service was great! David was outstanding on checking on us and making sure we were happy. Chris and Antoine also were attentive on the days they worked at the beach. When the crowd arrived on Friday, Saturday and Sunday the beach staff remained attentive and turnaround on drinks were still very well done. We were also pleased that the Ritz Carlton beach was spacious enough that we never felt over crowded as people were at the other hotels down the beach.

We were also impressed that there were a number of slots in the casino that let us play for an hour or so on $20 before taking it all. I even walked away one night $30 ahead.

We were not surprised with the prices for food or drinks as they were comparable to what we have paid at quality hotels on other islands.

I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton if you are seeking a pleasant relaxing vacation!

4  Thank Beverly O

Dear Beverly O,

Thank you for your recent review on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. It is a best kept secret that Aruba is below the hurricane belt which affords us beautiful weather all year long. I always enjoy reading reviews such as your that mentions the ladies and gentlemen as “very attentive and very polite” as well as mentioning our ladies and gentlemen by name such as David our pool and beach manager whom will always greet you with a smile, or Chris and Antoine who truly enjoy taking care of our guests on the beach. I will ensure they are recognized for their service they provided to you and your husband.

I have also shared with our Culinary team your “very good” comment regarding the food. We have just begun opening Madero’s not just for lunch, now you are able to enjoy outside dining and music for dinner as well. Next time you return to Aruba try the Ceviche it is my favorite.

You were a winner in our Casino that is fantastic. We look forward to you and your husband’s return on your next vacation to Aruba.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary here after staying at the Hyatt on our last few visits to the island and even though we loved it nothing compares to our experience at The Ritz. We were treated like royalty and the staff was amazing. It was truly a phenomenal and stellar vacation! We would like to recognize Jonathan,Bonny,Jaime,Bianca,and countless others that made our trip truly amazing. The Ritz is the only way to go for us from this moment forward and we look forward to returning.

Room Tip: we were upgraded to a full ocean view with a large patio with 2 chaise lounges,2 chairs,a round glas...
3  Thank william s
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear William s,

Congratulations on your 10th year anniversary. It is always an honor for our guests to select our hotel as their destination of choice for special occasions such as this. I am delighted to know that our ladies and gentlemen made you feel like “Royalty”. I thank you for providing me with the names of Jonathan, Bonny, Jaime, and Bianca to recognize for ensuring you had a truly amazing experience.

I look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba on your next vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
1 mi away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba? Share your experiences!