“Ritz Carlton, Palm Beach, Aruba”

The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

After leaving the Hyatt Regency because of lukewarm water, we ran to the Ritz! We were greeted and almost wined & dined as we were inquiring about a room here. Everyone bent over backwards to get our business! The rooms were in pristine condition as compared to the Hyatt. The people who work @ the Ritz were wonderful. Front desk, bellstaff, restaurants were so so good! Housekeeping and Laundry were a different story! It turns out these people aren't from Aruba but Columbian people & they could not even begin to speak broken english. We wanted to have some clothes of ours laundered and drycleaned. I placed my items in one bag, my husband's in another. On his bag, the jeans & shirt were to be laundered & pressed. Mine were to be drycleaned, which I wrote on the slip, dryclean only. My jeans which have spandex in them (from Nordstroms) and will shrink if washed & dryed! They came back with both of the bags hung in our closet (after 2 days) and they had both been laundered. The head of laundry came up and understood the situation and took them back and drycleaned them and had my husband's shirt pressed but need I say, this took another 2 days and they already wrecked my jeans by washing them in the 1st place. They didn't clean the bathroom very well, had to ask the head of housekeeping over and over again for more towels and then in the end, one of my chargers was stolen from our room. The restaurants were wonderful, food and service were impeccable and they were always checking on us and they did an excellent job in this area. The bar in the lobby was fabulous too. They have 2 pools at The Ritz, one for adults and one for families which is quite nice if you don't have kids with you. In July the wind at the beach was quite windy and this makes for a very strong sand blast in your face! Not fun at all. We got a cabana @ the beach 2 days here and the first day we had to move as the winds were so strong that you got blasted by the sand in your $75.00 cabana. They did move us to a cabana at the pool near the family pool and the staff was very attentive! The 2nd day they barely came over but once when they wanted us to sign the credit card voucher. So, if you are going to Aruba, stay here, but beware of the things I mentioned as they were not a plus! This hotel is so very new & most of the people were good just a few hiccups but when you are on vacation and are spending this kind of money and traveling so far, you want everything to be perfect, and it wasn't!

Room Tip: Oceanfront, Executive Suite! 2 big rooms, big bathroom with separate shower and tub and another bat...
2  Thank Skyler226
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear diane k,

As I read your review I was very excited to learn your welcome to the property was delightful. I know our ladies and gentlemen in the front of the house pride themselves on taking very good care of our guests.

I was very disappointed to learn that housekeeping, laundry and cabana service did not meet to your expectations. Please be assured I have personally shared your feedback with these ladies and gentlemen. Together with the management team we will work on resolving these issues to ensure it does not happen again in the future.

I do appreciate your information in your review and thank you letting me know of the positive feedback as well as the needs improvement. On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen we welcome the opportunity in welcoming you back to Aruba.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,232)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned from a seven day vacation with my husband and have to say that this resort is lovely. Yes, there are issues, primarily with inconsistent service, but when they are brought to the attention of the supervisors, they cannot do enough to fix the problems and make things right. The best things, in no particular order, are: the gorgeous views of the beach and sunsets; the new condition and cleanliness of the outside areas including the pool and beach with really comfy lounge chairs and floats (although the cabanas need to be upgraded) ; the fish restaurant, which was so good we ate there two nights in a row (thank you Orlando for great service!); the responsiveness of the supervisors and managers (thank you Jenna front house manager!); and some outstanding staff- Janika and Aden at the pool in particular. They have to get the service to be more consistent (housekeeping, pool/beach, and restauants) and they have to do something about the long, unbearably hot hallways. It has the potential to be magnificant. Right now it is very lovely and quite relaxing, probably more that the other resorts nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside of the U shape have better views. The hallways are very long with only one elev...
2  Thank nas50_12

Dear Nas50_12

Thank you for your recent post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I was delighted to read about your experience at our “Lovely resort”. I agree with you that we do have gorgeous views of the beach and especially those Caribbean sunsets. One of the best places to enjoy a sunset is in our Divi Bar & Lounge while sipping a “Cadushi Dushi” our signature cocktail made with fresh Cadushi Cactus juice.

As I understand from your post that you did experience some service issues, however it seems that Jenna Fuchs our Front of the House Manager was able to ensure you enjoy your vacation. I will ensure she is recognized along with Orlando who gave you great service in Les Crustaces.

I certainly look forward to your return to Aruba to enjoy our relaxing resort on future vacations.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

From our arrival to our departure, the Ritz Carleton Aruba, lived up to and surpassed expectations. The staff was amazing, quick to learn our names, attentive, helpful and never intrusive. Dany, who was the concierge that greeted us, welcomed us with open arms and ensured our trip was perfect. My favorite spot at the Ritz, besides the beach, was Madero Argentinian Grill. Set right off the beach, the atmosphere is relaxed and perfect for lunch, a drink, or dinner. Abraham was one of the fabulous bartenders there. He was entertaining, attentive and made us feel special. Edwardo, fondly called Eddie, was another bartender worth noting. He let us in on the fun and games, making us feel apart of the Ritz family. Our first time dining at Madero was for dinner. We were greeted by Jennree, who is am absolute gem. She was polite, respectful and always had a smile on. Our food was served by the chef himself, Chef Stanwick. The personal touch and time that Chef Standwick spent with us turned eating into a dinning experience. Last but not least out of the Madero family is Jessica, the Food and Beverage Supervisor. Just like Jennree she always had a smile on her face. Jessica ensured our time at Madero was perfect, always checking in to see what else could possibly be done.

I had one bump in the road, while at the Ritz and it was at the salon. I had chosen to get a spontaneous hair cut. The stylist that cut my hair, did not cut it straight. In addition, I had to ask to have my hair washed. Sparing the details, it was an awful experience. My advice would be to make sure that you tell the salon, whatever you go for, that you are a guest at the Ritz, otherwise you might get something off the local menu and trust me you do not want that to happen.

Overall the experience was wonderful. The property was incredible and I would highly recommend going to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CEW5227
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear CEW5227,

Simply “Phenomenal” is your heading for your post which makes me extremely proud of all the ladies and gentlemen that made you feel that way. In reading your post I would agree with you that Madero’s is a perfect place to enjoy lunch, a sunset drink and dinner. I was delighted that Edwardo and others made you feel as though you were part of the family and Chef Stanwick was there to provide you with personal attention. Thank you for allowing me the opporunity to recognize the ladies and gentlemen by adding their names to your post. I am disappointed you had a bump in the road in the salon and will ensure we correct that for future guests joining us in the Spa.

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to personalizing your next vacation here in Aruba.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We just returned from our July 5th to the 12th visit. We were initially very disappointed because this is not a true Ritz experience. If you finally accept that it is a little less expensive (at least for now) than most Ritz hotels, you can accept it is a franchised version of a Ritz.

The check-in was good, they met us with champagne when we were in line for about 5 minutes.

They have very helpful doormen and bellhops to take you to the room. This is the first time that a front desk person also accompanied us to our room along with the bell hop. We stayed on the 3rd floor.

The elevators are usually very quick, but sometimes were smelly. One time it smelled strongly of vomit for about 2 hours.

The hallways on the third floor were very warm, probably in the low 80's, and smelled a little like a horse to me. I have spent a lot of time in my younger life around horses, so I can honestly say that was the comparable scent.

We had the entry level, partial open view room. It was a decent view of the north side of the beach and great to watch the sunsets. The room had a nice (kind of comfortable couch to lounge on), a decent sized desk, a nice television with quite a variety of channels, and the bed was extremely comfortable! I loved the bed! Each floor had an ice machine, which was nice for our cooler we took down to the beach every day. The bathroom was extremely spacious with a nice shower, two large sink vanity, and a large separate tub.

One issue we had was maid service. Some days they would clean very well, others there was sand residue left everywhere. Sometimes they would leave you hardly any toiletries, someday you would receive only 5 bottles of lotion (yes that happened). You get complimentary bottles of water, but it is from Florida and actually tastes a lot worse than the tap water. Aruba water is from their desalinization plant so it is the best water I have ever tasted from the tap. Some of the water bottles were filled more or less, and some had the seals broken. Also we would either receive four or no water bottles each day. We complained and the service manager came to our room. The coffee supplies were also not refilled. We told him about our toiletry issue and the water bottle issue (we were worried about the bottle being refilled, which could be a public health issue) he informed us that they were damaged in transit and the toiletry issue would be fixed. It was fixed, but it got ridiculous on the bottles of water, sometimes we got 10 a day!

The beach was excellent. You are at the end of the high rises and nothing much past the Ritz, so it is soooo much quieter on this side. The sand is also a lot less rocky. It is very shallow though, and there are no waves. They give you free rafts (first come, first serve) so they are great to just lay around in the ocean on. They do run out, so make sure you get them early. It can get windy (everywhere on the island) so you might get sandblasted, but that is what you take for little or no insects and a cool breeze that keeps the heat down. The waiters are on seagways so they travel quickly to await your every need. You get a complimentary beach chair and umbrella. They start up at 7 am, so if you want to get right up front come early. It is first come first serve. They wrap your chair in a towel. There is no towel cards, so you can get as much as you need. They cabana men are very helpful and nice. They have a flag to raise if you need anything. Also at the beach, they give you complimentary access to paddle boards and sea kayaks. You get a waiver from the towel hut (good for the entire trip) and you can check one out at rental hut next door for an hour at a time. You can keep it for several hours, just are supposed to sign in and out again. The outside service is amazing, so tip them well!

The pool is poorly set up. It does not have a good beach/ocean view because it is too level with the beach. Ground around the pools is extremely hot, so make sure you wear flip flops. They have some cabanas that are okay (I believe $75/day but you get free Voss water and a fruit plate). They have plenty of chairs and staff taking care of you. There is a kids pool and an adult pool. The only hot spa though is in the kids section, it is a secluded behind hedges so it is not too bad. It is not what you expect from a resort level pool. There is no water feature, no in water lounging, and no swim up bar. If a pool is what you are looking for, go to the Holiday Inn or the Hyatt. They show kids movies on a blow up screen near the adult pool every night.

The day spa is excellent. I did not get a massage, but wish I had because I heard they were amazing and not too expensive. You can use the facilities for free if you want, just need to sign in. These include, sauna, steam shower, Jacuzzi, really nice shower with several sugar scrubs they make in house. This was extremely nice amenity, I wish I had known about this from the beginning.

The casino was nice and well ventilated despite being allowed to smoke, but the high ceilings and great ventilation allowed it to not stink. If you sign up for a VIP card you get $5 slot play. I think I got screwed on my comps despite how much I gambled. If you play the slots, they are much better comp rate. The craps table were $10 minimum. The blackjack tables were $5, $10, and $25. If you don't play $25 (uses the 6 deck shoe), they use the continuous shuffle machine which really messes up the odds. I have never had so many amateurs who do not know how to play blackjack as I had at this casino. They dealers are either extremely nice, entertaining, and know what they are doing or completely horrible with no personalities. I have never had to call out a dealer for wrongly pulling my bet and card. I had one even say I busted when I had a 16. Be ready to pay attention to your cards a lot more. A few of them got mean with me when I called them out for not dealing properly. I asked for cards down during a double down (on 10 and 11) they refused by saying it was against the rules. Had to call the pit boss over and teach them how to deal. Like I said, they were great ones or they were horrible.

The food throughout was awesome. Loved the chicken tenders at the poolside bar. The pasta at the Italian restaurant was some of the best I have ever head (this includes Italy!) and the pizza was excellent.

I would probably stay at this Ritz again because it is much quieter than the other hotels (I don't have kids), the beach seems to be much more secluded, but if the Hyatt was much cheaper I would stay there instead. The pool is lacking, the house keeping is inconsistent, and some of the hotel is a little beat up for only being opened since December 2013.

Room Tip: Get the partial ocean view for a much better deal
9  Thank Eric B

Dear Eric B,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I apologize that we have not lived up to your expectations. As I read your post I truly appericate your positive and construtive feedback regarding the property. The construvitve feedback always allows us to look for ways to improve our overall guest experience. I have already shared your feedback with our housekeeping department as well as our maintenance department to address the areas of concern you had while a guest with us.

I do agree with you that our Beach and Spa is simply awesome and I do hope on your next visit to Aruba you are able to book a massage with us. I highly recommend the Divi 80 minute massage. The beach is a great place to relax for the day wherther you decide to float on one of the rafts or just enjoy sitting in the chair for the day. I have also passed on your comments to the chef regarding your pasta you had in Solanio’s being “the best you have ever had”.

We look forward to having the opporunity to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba during a future vacation.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, Aruba 20-25 July celebrating my 55 birthday. After the reading the reviews prior to booking the Ritz-Carlton Aruba I found them to be very mixed.
I've stayed at Ritz Carlton properties in the past and decided to take a chance on this property in spite of the mixed reviews. I must say I AM GLAD I DID!! My wife and took a 1st Class Flight from Atlanta GA which was fantastic; the 1st class service continued the moment we got out of the taxi at the Ritz Property. The property was beautifully maintained. We were greeted at the door by a very professional door person named Mary Jane. We will never forget the welcoming smile and warm greeting from Mary Jane. The front desk staff was very warm and helpful.
Upon arrival to our room, we noticed it Ritz Carlton quality and class; VERY CLEAN AND WELL MAINTAINED. Every room had a beach view.
We reserved a room with breakfast and resort credit package. Breakfast was AWESOME!! THE BEST!! FOOD!! FOOD!! FOOD!! GOOD FOOD!! Breakfast at Solanio a must have.
I am a southern guy and like grits with breakfast. I did notice there were no grits and causally mentioned it to Giovanna. Grits was no big deal because the other foods made up for it. When we got back to our room later in the evening there was a message from Giovanna (food and beverage supervisor) informing me that grits will be prepared the next morning for me. That was unbelievable...I was floored that she called to make such an offer. When I arrived for breakfast the next morning I found grits prepared just for my table! I was very thankful!!
Giovanna thanks for your professionalism and personal touch. You are an example of Ritz Carlton Quality!
The beach was awesome! one of the best I've ever visited. David Costa (Food & Beverage Supervisor at the pool restaurant) made us feel special and took the time greet us daily. David thank-you very making our stay one of Ritz Quality!
Hotel Concierge - Danny. You are awesome. Danny represents the Ritz with Ritz Style and mannerism. Danny made me and other hotel guest feel like important guest. Thank-you Danny. Danny is a must have at every Ritz Carlton. The best Concierge I've ever meet.
Jason - Bellman very professional.
Andress - Waiter at Les Crustaces restaurant invited us to dine with them. Glad we took him up on it. Les Crustaces was awesome, a must have.
Our overall stay at the Ritz was beyond our expectation and we will be back!!
Mary Jane you are the best! Ritzy!

Room Tip: All rooms have beach view.
4  Thank g b

Dear g b,

Thank you for your recent post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. Allow me to start by saying Happy Birthday! From reading your post I see the ladies and gentlemen were able to provide you with a personalized experience. The example that you provided with mentioning Giovanna for ensuring you were able to order grits each morning at breakfast makes me especially proud.

The room package that you are referring to is our Comfort You package which does include that breakfast and resort credit. I too agree with you that the beach is “awesome”. You are able to be located very near the water for a refreshing dip as well as receive lunch service right at your chair provided by Madero’s.

I thank you for providing me the chance to recognize so many ladies and gentlemen you mentioned in your post. On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen we look forward to your next vacation in Aruba.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have been reading several reviews before our trip and I have to say I was a little nervous. Our flight did not get in until 10pm which made us arrival shortly thereafter. When we pulled up there were no bellman to assist with our luggage or the door to get in with all of our bags and the front desk was empty. We waited a few minutes and a lady appeared from a room behind the desk, tucking in her shirt as she approached us. We did not receive the welcome champagne other reviewers raved about. Oh well.

Our room was lovely and there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us as we were celebrating a milestone that was communicated with the hotel about a month before. They remembered. Nice touch! Our room overlooked the ocean and we had a nice big balcony.

Housekeeping - the room was immaculate every single day!

The beach and pool service was wonderful and the beach is very clean and the water just spectacular. Gregory and his team are on it and I think Gregory is simply outstanding. He gets customer service and has fun. We loved him! We did not dine at the restaurants on site, as we like to check out local spots and pay half the price for bigger portions. Also, paddleboards are free which was a lot of fun!

Club Lounge - service was so/so. They seemed to run out of food and the servers were nowhere to be found at times to ask to be replenished. Oh well, we made up for it by having a few extra glasses of wine while waiting so no big deal!

The spa was wonderful!

I overheard that there was no GM and I think for being a new hotel, not having a GM they are doing a really good job. Front of house needs a bit of work, but they will get there!

We are blessed to be able to stay at such a lovely resort with very friendly people. We had checked out the other hotels along the beach and have to say, nothing compares to the Ritz! It was first class service that we were lucky to enjoy.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, request a room near the elevator as there is only 1 elevator bank which...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank hazzy724
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear hazzy724,

Thank you for your recent post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I am delighted you found our property “Beautiful and quiet” and that we were able to recognize your special occasion. I will ensure that I pass on your comment to our Housekeeping ladies and gentlemen that you found their service to be immaculate every single day they will be very proud to know their services were mentioned in your post.

I was disappointment to see we missed your warm welcome to our property. Please know that our front of the house ladies and gentlemen know how important the arrival is for our guests and will work to ensure we do not miss anyone else.

I agree with you that our spa is simply “wonderful” I hope you had a chance to try our Oxygen bar many of our guests really enjoy it. I truly like when our guests mention our ladies and gentlemen by name such as Gregory by the pool. It allows me the opportunity to recognize them for outstanding service they provide for our guests.

It was a pleasure to read your review about the hotel and that you received first class service. On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton on your next vacation to Aruba.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is listed as a 'Tier 4 Hotel' by Marriott, which means it is one of the nicest Ritz Carleton's in the whole world, and this place lives up to the name. The staff learned our names in like 1 hr, everyone called us by name. The place was beautiful, spotless, brand new, the pool and beach were pristine, not crowded.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Benjamin m

Dear BDM482150,

Thank you for your recent post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I was delighted to read that you felt our resort was “Truly opulent”. Our ladies and gentlemen are extremely proud of the property and that a guest such as yourself would write review such as this. It makes me very proud to know that our ladies and gentlemen are ensuring the use of our guest’s names and providing you with the service you have come to expect from
The Ritz-Carlton.

On behalf of all our ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to your next vacation in Aruba.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
1 mi away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba? Share your experiences!