“Wonderful Vacation”

The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My wife, our daughters and I, just got back from our second trip to Aruba, and can’t wait to go back again! What a wonderful island. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton this year (we stayed at the Marriot last year). We were very happy with our choice. We purchased a package that included breakfast and a daily $200 resort credit. Prices were somewhat high for food and drink at the hotel, but not outrageous. We rented a car so we were able to stock up on some staple items at the local grocery story (but be prepared for high prices, grocery store food and drink are expensive compared to the states- since everything must be shipped in).

We had a minor issue at check-in related to how our package “resort credit” was going to work, but I had pre-confirmed the deal in advance over email, and Aikelene at the front desk was extremely helpful in addressing our concerns. They served us each a glass of champagne as we checked in, which was a nice touch, and they personally take you to your room upon check-in.

The hotel, rooms, beach area and pool area are beautiful and well maintained. We spent most of our time on the beach and the staff was wonderful (especially Jonathan, Smiley, and David the manager). We also had great experiences with Jeaneree the Hostess at 2 of the restaurants and Eddie and Sebastian were tremendous waiters. And so many of them remembered our names each day! We do not have a single bad thing to say about the service or the staff. One of our daughters is “gluten intolerant” and the restaurant was FANTASTIC about this! On our first night we mentioned the gluten concerns and the executive chef came out to our table to talk about their options in this area and he was wonderful! Our daughter had some absolutely amazing meals during her stay.

Our rooms were next to each other on the 6th floor facing the ocean. It was an incredible view! The rooms were modern and tasteful and always clean. The bathroom was large and the shower was oversized. Not as chic as you may expect for a Ritz – but nice Aruban style.

The beach is very nice. Getting an umbrella was generally not a problem. Although the earlier you get there the better the location. The wind seemed a little worse than last year, but overall not a big issue and it keeps the temperature down. All of the lounge chairs are fabulous, as are the rafts for the pool and ocean. Drink service also usually very prompt at the beach. Some of the waiters are on Segways to help them cover the large beach area.

There was complimentary coffee on the ground floor near the restaurant which was a very nice amenity. Breakfast at Solanio's gets busy at certain times of the morning – so try to avoid the busy times. Some of the guests can get very rude!

Overall, we had a great stay and would stay there again. The staff really makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear PJarbase,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I was very delighted to read your post entitled “Wonderful Vacation”. It always makes me very proud of the ladies and gentlemen to see they have left a memorable impression on our guests. Like our Executive Chef Stephen whom ensure your daughter was able to eat some “Fantastic” gluten free meals.

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your 3rd trip to Aruba.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,232)

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at the Ritz in Aruba. Vanessa and Dany, at the concierge desk, were super helpful with reservations, taxis, recommendations, etc...and generally making the stay that much more enjoyable! Thank you guys!! Gregory who worked on the beach was super friendly, attentive, and kept making sure we were all set with whatever we needed. Jason, also on the beach staff was super helpful too. All in all, the entire staff was helpful and friendly. There was one very large disappointment...dealing with the director of Loss and Prevention, Dario, who was unnecessarily rude and curt when we had to deal with an injury that happened on the property. His manners and professionalism leave much to be desired as they were very poor. But, overall, the trip and staff were amazing and we will definitely be coming back. :)

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sjwallach

Dear Sjwallach,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I am very proud that our ladies and gentlemen provided you with such lasting memories. You mentioned several of them by name including Dany and Vanessa at the Concierge whom I agree are “super helpful”. As well as Gregory and Jason at the pool and beach that are there to ensure you have a wonderful experience. I am disappointed that you experienced an unpleasant moment during your vacation and will certainly share the feedback with the management team.

The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba where your beach chairs await you.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

This was my 7th time in Aruba. I have stayed at 3 different hotels on those stays. The Ritz will be my 4th hotel that I have tried out on my many visits to Aruba. I will note that this is my first time posting on or reviewing any hotel. We just arrived home today from a beautiful 9 day, 8 night stay. Let me tell you, it was hard to leave!!! The hotel is by far the most clean, new, luxurious place you will find in Aruba. The Hyatt is definitely a close 2nd. The beach is breathtaking, the cushy lounge chairs in the pool area and beach are to die for. The water is see through, crystal blue!! Stunning. The people that stay at the ritz are in a league of their own. It is very obvious if you visit the other hotels. It's classy and beautiful. The major ++++ are the beach, the serenity as it's not super crowed, the SERVICE!!! Despite what you may read, the service was wonderful from the time we were greeting upon arrival with champagne and massive smiles to a doorman waving up and down to us as we pulled away in our taxi to go home. The food is fab at Solario for lunch. Fab but super pricey (can of soda is $5). Etc etc. It's the ritz, you will pay extra for everything. Expect it!!! I was with my 9 yr old daughter and I asked for a fridge to be provided in the room. They did with pleasure. I kept snacks and milk in their for her along with the "free" bottles water which they provide. BIG HELP, especially with kids. You should ask for a little fridge to store your goodies and lotions, feels good after a little Aruba burn. I can go on and on and on about the positives. There really are many..... I was a bit scared to try this new hotel after some reviews but I'm glad my family and I did!! A few ----, pools are super warm, like too warm. Not refreshing. Ocean is super swallow where the ritz is. I'm sure they can't help that but staying in several other hotels through out the years, I could see and feel the difference. Food was excellent for breakfast and lunch. Priceyyyyy but good. We didn't try the dinner locals at the ritz as we love to grab cabs and go out every night. We have some favs that we go to every year and we stuck with that. Having a 9yr old, I was hoping that she would meet to a of kids and when she went to the kids club it would be packed and she would have a ball. Unfortunatly for us, maybe not for others with no kids... It's a quiet hotel with little "kid action". I feel like we definitely felt that and my little one was not as entertained as she typically is at other hotels. However this have me plenty of one and one time with her where we took out the complementary kayaks and paddle boards almost daily!!! She also joined me at the gym for 1 hr daily, I signed a release and they let her join me. That was fun. All in all being an annual visitor to Aruba I would say that this trip was beautiful, amazing, and honestly I was super sad to leave today. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Freshstart123

Dear Freshstart123,

Welcome to Tripadvisor! I certainly agree with you our beach is “breathtaking”. The pool and beach experience at the hotel does offer everything you mentioned plus a few more extras. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the Ritz Kids programs as well as other activities and will review with my management team.

I am proud our ladies and gentlemen left you and your family with several memories that would create your desire to return to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

My wife and I were at the Ritz Carlton Aruba for the week of Aug 10-17th. We booked months ago and were slightly worried at the beginning and then as our vacation snuck up on us, we noticed that the reviews continued to get better and better (as expected).

Check in - no problems at all. Room was ready early. A bellboy took our luggage to our room and thoroughly explained everything to us (coffee machine, etc).

We had a few challenges early on in our stay but the staff always went that extra mile to make things right.

For instance, we made a reservation for Madero for 7pm on our first day (made it at 2pm in the day) and when i called to confirm, they didn't have us on the list and didn't have anything available. I called the 'service line' and explained what happened and they not only got me a table at the Italian restaurant; we also received a call 5 minutes later telling us that they can accomodate us at Madero and to please come down early to enjoy the sunset. Bam! that's customer service.

There were a few other small things. We would ask for more coffee pods and some bottles of water for the room and the coffee would come but no water. Another time we asked for more towels and some cream for the coffee and only the towels showed up. We aren't the type to get all upset over small mistakes like this; so a phone call downstairs and the error is fixed; NO BIGGIE.

Perhaps, some people who have negatively reviewed this hotel are used to being waited on at all times and can't find it in them to overlook small mistakes while on vacation ... but that's not us....

Concierge - AMAZING. Helped us 3 or 4 times with booking dinner reservations at local restaurants. Thank you.

Lobby Bar - had some great evenings stopping in at the lobby bay. The bartenders are grat there. They remember your drinks and are very friendly. I'd like to thank Matias (spelling?) for his hospitality; we really enjoyed talking to you. I can't remember the ladies name who was working the bar but she was great as well.

House keeping - never really came until mid afternoon but we were out by the pool/beach and made no difference to us. Good job on the rooms.

Restaurants - we ate at Madero many times. Our first night was spent at Madero. We both ordered the skirt steak and it was very chewy. Everything else was great.

Had breakfast at the hotel on our final day. We opted out of the $32 buffet for obvious reasons. My wife had pancakes and I had a breakfast burrito and they were great. Grab coffee outside of the restaurant and save some $$$. Its available until 10am just outside the door.

Pool - people are complaining about the size of the pools. If you wanted a pool to swimg lengths, then i'm sure you could have done this research before and made a different hotel decision. We enjoyed our time around the adult pool. One annoying thing is how everyone grabs the green floaters for the pool and then puts them by their lounge chair for hours while not in the pool. Just ask one of the employees around the pool if they can help you get one and they show up 2 minutes later with the goods! The Manager, David works very hard to ensure that everyone is happy, very impressive. His staff also works very hard. One thing I think they should provide is short sleeve breathable golf shirts for the men and women working around the patio.. These poor people are soaking wet and they deserve better. Just my 2 cents.

Beach - we loved the water, great for Stand Up Paddle boarding and just lounging around. If you want big waves, this isn't the beach for you. The sand will definitely pelt you while you are laying there but don't hold this against the hotel, you knew about the wind before coming to Aruba. The sand isn't as nice as we are used to when we are in Siesta Key Florida but "it is what it is".

Parking - says $25 per night on info when we booked. Parking was at no charge.

Wifi - free wifi

Prices - here is the deal. If you book the Ritz Carlton, you typically can afford to eat and drink there. If you can't, then you probably should have booked another resort. We aren't rolling in the dough and had breakfast in our room many days (Food City isn't far away) and left the resort for lunch on many occasions. Try a place called Scott's Brats about 15 min walk down the beach. I also packed a cooler for the pool/beach with non-alcoholic drinks for my preggo wife and some beers for me. $8 for a Chill is a little steep for me but I get it; its Ritz and they have higher prices.... just work around it..and stop complaining.

Car rental - we rented a mid-sized car from Hertz, which is situationed inside the hotel. Had the car for 4 days and this was the best decision of the trip. We saw Arashi Beach which is 3 minutes down the road from the hotel. AMAZING beach with less tourists. WOW. Water is unreal. Also, saw the California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, Alto Vista Church and were able to check out a number of local restaurants. I HIGHLY recommend a steak house called El Goucho. Best steak i have ever had. Get a car for part of your trip, you won't regret it.

Room - our room was great. Bathroom has double sink, which is great. Shower is big, love that. We had a obstructed view room and one night there was an event below us which consisted of a band playing pretty late. I can see how this may have bothered some people but we sat on our balcony and sang along. They were great; playing classic songs. Apparently one of the singers was a finalist from the show, The Voice. Once again, instead of complaining, just enjoy.

Smell? I couldn't figure out what people were complaing about on here.. A smell in the lobby and the elevators? Everytime we walked into the hotel, we commented how great it smelled...

Fitness Centre - we went here 3 times over the week. Very nice gym .. every machine is stocked with water. Very impressive set up.

Cabs - getting a cab is very easy. Just call the concierge or ask one of the doormen. If there isn't one out front already, there will be one there very soon. Its nice how there are flat fee's for different parts of the island. This way you aren't being 'taken for a ride' by any cabbies.

Miscellaneous:

- we walked the beach and boardwalk many times and walked around other hotels. There is definitely a big difference between the Ritz and the other hotels when it comes to cleanliness.

- the people of Aruba are very friendly. It is definitely "one happy island". There was no point of this trip that we felt uncomfortable in our surroundings. No one asking us for money or anything like that.

Overall, this was a great trip and we were very impressed with the Ritz Carlton. Thanks for everything and we hope to be back to see you again!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mantonello

Dear mantonello,

Thank you for your review on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I certainly agree with you that Aruba is “One Friendly Island”. I was delighted to read your post and see that our ladies and gentlemen left you and your wife with such a memorable experience. As I read your post I was very excited to see you had the chance to truly explore the resort and enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. You mention the scent in the lobby it is a signature scent created just for our hotel. I will be certain to provide the feedback to the management team regarding some of the items that you did mention in the post. As well as recognizing David for his “impressive” style of service.

On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary at the Ritz Carlton Aruba. Upon arrival, we were promptly greeted with Champagne and then surprised with an upgrade to a suite. This is by far, the best welcome we have ever received at a Ritz Carlton (the Ritz Carlton St. Thomas is a close second with cold towels and rum punch upon arrival). Check-in was very quick - we didn't have to wait in line - we arrived around 4:00 pm on a Sunday. The bell hop and our luggage were waiting for us when we got to our room. We were also escorted to our room by a member of the hotel staff and given a mini tour/overview of the resort and its amenities.

The hotel is simpler in design compared to the Ritz Carlton's other Caribbean locations, however, the Aruba property has an understated elegance about it. In honestly, I found some of the decor of the main corridors of their Grand Cayman property to be a bit gaudy. So this fresh, modern take on luxury was quite nice.

Room/Housekeeping:
Our suite was gorgeous and very spacious - we had Parlor Suite (one bedroom with living room, foyer with wardrobe, a good size work/desk area, and had a large balcony that could be reached from both the bedroom and living room areas.). The large room made our 9 day stay very comfortable. The wardrobe in the foyer and the dresser in the bedroom provided plenty of space for us to unpack all of our belongings. Housekeeping was fantastic. The room was always spotless and we always had plenty of fresh towels, and bottled water. Housekeeping went so far, as to hang up items that we forgot to, and organize items on the vanities and night stands. Everything was always in tip top shape and turn down service came like clockwork each night while we were out at dinner. There was always chocolates waiting when we got back. The bed was also very comfortable and was set up with extra down pillows as requested. My only complaint would be the in room entertainment options. Yes, we do not go on a beach vacation to watch TV/Movies, but we like to watch some TV or a movie before bed. The hotel does not have pay-per-view (this is the first hotel I have ever been to without it) and the TV service was very spotty and quite often was not available during our stay. We were told that engineering would look into it, but it never improved during our stay. Also, we were unable to watch any of the west coast baseball games. On the east coast games were broadcast. What gives?

Beach Service:
We spent all of our time at the beach and the beach service really needs to improve. Right now, Grand Cayman takes the cake for best beach service. There were some days when we had to go back and fourth to the bar ourselves in order to get drinks because the beach wait staff did not come around to check on us (even with our flag up, which is supposed to signal that we need service). Other days the service was great. I would like to thank Essmainlin and Danny for their excellent service on the beach. When these two gentlemen were around, out service was astounding. Also Arturo at the beach bar made great drinks and was fun to talk to. He provided some great tips on places to attend for nightlife.

We also had a small problem one day with our beach chair set-up. We reserved/had them set up in the morning (7:00 am) and during the time while we were eating breakfast (1 hr), all of our belongings were moved without our knowledge. Apparently, the beach/towel hut double booked our chairs and they were already set up for another set of guests. This is interesting since the chairs did not have any towels on them until we asked for them to be set up. Anyway, after 10-15 minutes of trying to find our stuff and sort out the issue, we were told that other chairs were set up for us and we were taken to them. These chairs were behind a grove of trees and the view of the ocean was completely obstructed. Our original chairs were in the second row and had a clear ocean view. This solution was not acceptable to us (especially since we were not even informed of the move) and we asked to speak to the beach manager. Come to find out this was the manager's original solution to what had happened. I quickly explained that this was not acceptable and he promptly had two chairs set-up in the front row for us with a bimini cover. Now, that is an acceptable resolution to their mess up.

Pool:
There are two pools; one for adults and one for kids/family. The adult pool was too hot and heated like a hot tub. Also the pool is only 3 to 3.5 feet deep across the entire pool (I am 5'9" and my husband is 6'3") and we found it to be too shallow for swimming. We didn't really come to use the pool anyway, but when we tried it, we found these issues.

Food:
We never had dinner on property, however, we did eat lunch on the beach each day and had breakfast some mornings. Overall, the food choices for lunch are very limited. The all day room service menu provides better choices. Let down and bored by the beach lunch menu two days into our trip, I asked if a turkey club sandwich from the room service menu could be prepared by the beach restaurant. My request was happily granted and this is what I proceeded to eat for lunch each day at the beach for the remainder of the trip. The daily specials offered were blah and expensive. Yes, I know this is a Ritz Carlton, but $30 for a quesadilla without any sides is really pushing it. I found $22 for a sizable turkey club with french fries or a side salad to be a much better deal. I would really like to see more options added to their menu (e.g. more sandwiches and healthy options preferably).

Outside of the breakfast buffet there is complimentary coffee set up each morning from 7:00 am to 9:30 am. Coffee ran out of couple of times before the 9:30 ending time, however, the restaurant was more than happy to pour a cup for me. The breakfast buffet itself was very good - better than St. Thomas and Grand Cayman. The buffet at this property is larger and offers more options. Service as also quick and friendly.

We ordered room service four times during our stay; once for breakfast, once for a late night snack, once for desert and once for a bottle of Champagne. Each time our orders were delivered in under 30 minutes and the room service staff was friendly and eager set up everything for us and to make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

Location:
The hotel is located at the very end of Palm Beach and is very peaceful and quiet compared to the other resorts located along the beach. Due to its location the foot traffic is pretty limited, as everything else is located in the opposite direction. This is by far the best hotel in Aruba hands down. We walked down the entire beach one day and in and out of all the resorts and nothing even comes close. Also, the Ritz Carlton is the ONLY hotel that provides cushions for the beach chairs (this is a must for me, and a deal breaker if the resort does not offer this). The rest of the resorts (Marriott included) have beach loungers without cushions and dilapidated palapas. The sand at the Ritz is also nicer, nicer in that, it is free of debris. We were only approached once, by someone trying to sell something, however, most of the time, the Ritz Carlton has security walking up and down the beach to keep non-guests and potential peddlers moving along.

Spa: I visited the spa once during our trip to have a massage. I had a 50 min signature massage and it was nice. My only complaint is that my massage therapist (a male) was quite chatty. I'm on vacation to relax, not chit chat. Other than that, the spa facilities were nice. Compared to Grand Cayman, this spa is pretty run of the mill.

Fitness Center: Overall, I was not impressed with the fitness center nor the classes offered. The fitness center is very small and the equipment was limited. Yes, they had exercise bikes, but not spin bikes. I was looking forward to spinning during vacation, as they mentioned it on their website. There is a small room off to the side in which you can stretch, however, I am also really into pilates and found their equipment to be lacking (e.g. no bosu balls, mini/squishy balls, resistance bands or toning rings).

Cabs: Despite calling down for a cab 10 minutes before we needed to leave the hotel, we found the wait for cabs to be a bit long. We were late for our dinner reservations twice due to having to wait. Also, even though we would call for a cab and literally run down to the lobby, our cab was given away to whatever guests happen to get their before us. The system of calling and reserving cabs for guests needs to be improved.

Wifi: The wifi is free and the service inside the hotel is great, however, the service on the beach is very poor. I wanted the connection to steam music, however, it wasn't possible due to the connection. Suggestion - add additional wifi routers and or hotspots by the beach/pool area. The login process is very easy and I only had to login on the first day of my stay. This is great, as I have stayed at other hotels that require new complex daily logins every 24 hours.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return. I would tend to say that I favor the Grand Cayman property in terms of amenities and service, however, we enjoyed Aruba as an island much much more than Grand Cayman (better food, nicer people, etc.). This property is still under a year old and you can tell that they are working hard to resolve any kinks. However, they do need to improve their service on the beach (currently inconsistent IMHO), expand their lunch menu, figure out how to keep guests happy during loud events that are being hosted at the hotel, offer better in room entertainment options and better manage the cab situation.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view. The "limited" view rooms have a view of the ocean that overl...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KL83
Tiffiany_Holmes, Hotel Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear KL83,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary. It is always an honor being chosen as the hotel to share in special occasions such as this. I was delighted to read you received such a warm welcome from our ladies and gentlemen. I do also see you were able to use all the amenities of the resort. I will certainly share all your feedback with our management team.

Thank you for your loyalty to The Ritz-Carlton, LLC. On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba where your beach chairs “with cushions” awaits you.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I recently stayed at this property during the week of July 4 and had a wonderful time! Upon arrival, we were given a glass of champagne and escorted to a beautiful oceanfront room. The room was very clean and spacious and the maid service was excellent throughout our stay. The service at the pool and beach was very good, although inconsistent. There were several times, we had to get up and find someone to help us. I was hoping to spend more time at the beach but the wind was blowing too hard to really enjoy lounging there without being pelted by sand. We did not notice that problem at our previous stays at the Marriott. I'm not sure if adding Tikki Huts at the Ritz would help. The adult pool was very peaceful but there were people smoking at the pool which the staff did not address. Also, the only restaurant that was open for lunch was outdoors by the pool, so if you wanted to eat in an air conditioned restaurant on property mid-day, you were unable to do so. It could also use some more plantings and fresh flowers. This is a beautiful property. The staff was very helpful and friendly but, in my opinion, it was not indicative of the usual Ritz Carlton standards ...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jeannien604

Dear jeannien604,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I was delighted to read you were provided such a warm welcome from our ladies and gentlemen. I would agree with you that the oceanfront rooms are beautiful. I do appreciate your feedback regarding your pool and beach experience and will certainly share with our management team.

The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba on a future vacation.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We just returned from 6 nights at the RC Aruba. We have stayed at many Ritz Carltons because of the overall high quality of service, culinary experiences, and facilities. Given the wide range of commentary on this hotel, we were not sure what to expect. Overall, we had a wonderful vacation enjoying all the amenities other reviewers mention ( paddle boards, kayaks, lovely beach etc) and almost no negatives of importance. The staff is very gracious and greeted us by name throughout the stay. How do they do that? Our rooms (an Executive suite featuring a large balcony and huge bathroom, and a king room) were immaculately serviced and we had plenty of sparkling, white towels. If you must have an umbrella and chaises in the front rows, you need to get down to the beach before breakfast. However, there were plenty of umbrellas and chaises and the beach staff tries very hard to meet all requests

. Re dining: email the concierge ahead of your trip for suggestions and reservations. I would advise having at least your first night reservation made ahead of time if you wish to eat at the hotel and at a specific time. If you are interested in modern cuisine, do not miss White Modern located near the Ritz. Make a res through the Ritz or online. At the Ritz, Les Crustaces was very good and the staff very gracious. They are striving to bring the freshest of seafood to the Ritz- you might find it odd that this is a problem on Aruba, but food distribution is a challenge there. We spoke with their Executive Chef when he happened to be surveying the breakfast at Solanio. Executive Chef Steven is very amiable as well as very experienced, and he knows seafood- originally from Rhode Island. The steamers he cooked for us at Solanio were top notch. The wine lists at the Ritz are not extensive, but they are well thought out. The lack of vintages required us to examine several bottles, but the wines we selected were all pleasing and the price structure was very fair. I am in the wine business and I know prices. Interestingly, the wait staff was not used to a woman ordering and tasting the wine. Even when I ordered the wine, they would expect my husband to taste! However, this happens in many restaurants and is gradually changing.

One comment about Ritz Kids. Our son is grown, but we stayed at RCs with him when he was young. Ritz does a great job in this regard but, many parents make this a challenge. We saw a boy riding his scooter in the lobby of the Ritz- people dodging him as his Father beamed. While enjoying a drink at the bar adjacent to the Lobby, there were kids running all over the place,many barefooted. The Ritz concierge was picking up their shoes and flip flops looking for parents to deliver them to. I love kids, but I wonder about the parents' sense of appropriate behavior in a hotel which strives for elegance as well as graciousness. Sometimes things don't go well because guests are off the mark...

The spa is gorgeous and staff well trained.

Bill accuracy: we find our RC bills are often inaccurate. I always check them carefully, and keep track of our charges. In Aruba, we had a charge which was likely from the room's previous occupant. We also were not given the correct credit amount due on the Comfort You package. And, oddly, the cabana charged is identified as Ritz Kids. Wake up on that one Ritz! However, these mistakes were quickly corrected with apologies, so all is well that ends well.

The breakfast staff at Solanio is practically perfect- great service and smiles. The staff at Les Crustaces is equally gracious as is Delia at the bar. Well, really all the staff was superb- as you expect at a Ritz.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank SWard10

Dear SWard10,

Thank you for your post on The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba. I am thrilled to read your post and see you were able to take full advantage of the resort and all amenities offered. I will certainly review your billing comment with our management team. I would agree with you that having your first night dinner reservation is always recommended.

I am thrilled you had the opportunity to meet our Executive Chef Stephen who I agree has a strong passion for food and creating guests for life. I will be sure to recognize him for creating such a memorable experience for you and your husband.

Thank you for your loyalty to The Ritz-Carlton, LLC. On behalf of all the ladies and gentlemen, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
1 mi away
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba? Share your experiences!