“Fab for the children :)”

Pilbach Holiday Park
ammanford
“Fab for the children :)”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have just come back from Pilbach after spending 4 nights there touring. Firstly I noticed how clean and well kept the park was. The park was great for the children, 2 boys and 1 girl could have done with some football posts. Heated outdoor swimming pool was used by us everyday kept clean and the area tidy. The evening entertainment for the children was out of this world the kids loved Moo and Dan well done for keeping my lot entertained :) The burger bar was great.
Thanks for a great time I will return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ebbw Vale
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

Been coming to this park ever since 1991 we've had a handful of static caravans starting of in the bottom field and currently in the gold field we've made many great friends over the years - now for newcomers the park is made up of eight small to medium fields five for statics and three for tourers and tents signs are clearly visas able directing people to the site facilities just in front of the hedge at the bottom of the first touring field
The clubhouse is actually ten times better since William took over as in the old days there was no live enter tamest and no central heating I really don't see the problem with the "burger bar" at the front of the club as I cannot recall a holiday park that doesn't have this facility and is a big hit with the kids
Hopefully we'll be here for many years to come

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gc06042014f
Barkers_Leisure, Public Relations Manager at Pilbach Holiday Park, responded to this review, 24 June 2015
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate any feedback that is given to us so we can improve on our services further. I am delighted to hear that you have had happy times at Pilbach Holiday Park and continue to return to us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Best wishes,

Pilbach Holiday Park
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stopped here in our touring caravan over the Whitsun Bank Holiday and had a great time. The holiday park is set in beautiful surroundings and the grounds are kept to a very high standard. The park is very tidy with lovely clean shower blocks and launderette. The staff were so friendly and efficient with nothing being too much trouble. The clubhouse had some excellent entertainment on and served fantastic cold beer. The kids had a great time spending nearly all of the holiday in the heated swimming pool. We had a really great family holiday and will definitely return to Pilbach.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate feedback that is given to us so we can improve on our services further. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time at Pilpach Holiday Park! We hope to see you again in the future.

Best wishes,

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have just returned from there. There was no introduction of the camp site, so I had to hunt for the place to do my washing up, and then the water was tepid at most so didn't really get your stuff clean. Only 3 lights worked in the male toilets and on occasions my daughter said there was no toilet paper in the girls either. The opening hours for the reception were not suitable for camping as if you wanted to freeze your cool blocks, don't know if they did as never got a brief from receptionist, as then you were limited if you wanted to visit anywhere.

It seems everything is focused on the static caravans and not people touring

Overall I would not be returning or recommend it at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Iain W
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate any feedback that is given to us as it enables us to improve on the services we provide. I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. However I can say that the Holiday Park has recently undergone renovations. The facilities have been upgraded, so you will not encounter the same problems.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Best Wishes,

Usk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I cant believe that this year we have had to decide to never come back,i was speaking to some of the people when i was there and they have said the same thing, people don't understand why there's hardly ever any entertainment on.Its also not their fault that they were getting so many complaints about food and beer because they were telling us that the manager had "orderd" it ......
Bank holiday was a good weekend and the staff were very jolly.
They would bend over backwards to help us even though they were behind the bar or cooking they would still try and get us gas or/and check to see if we had any post, we understand that they hadn't been shown which key opened the games room so we don't blame them for it not being open much.
They tried to get the karaoke going but didn't have the equipment to do so.
some of us have agreed that they will be missed as they always made us feel like we had known them for ages.They were always smiling and like i said they would go out of their way to make sure that the customers were happy.!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarahj s
Thank you very much for the review you gave us. We really appreciate any feedback that is given to us, it enables us to improve on the service we provide. I am sorry your latest stay was not satisfactory. I can however say that we have recently undergone an upgrade of the Holiday Park, therefore all of our facilities have been renovated. This has enables us to give more entertainment, and the restaurant bar area has been upgraded with better quality food and drink. We hope to see you again in the future.
Best Wishes,

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I have visited this park for many years, unfortunately this year was truely awful. The place is really dirty shower blocks look like they had been cleaned because there was always a bucket and mop holding the door open but a SERIOUS deep clean is required here. The clubhouse has had a chipshop added by the entrance, so you end up stinking of chip fat when your trying to relax with a drink. Entertainment is awful and rare, the pool was full of flies and you never saw anyone cleaning it out and the heatin was never on so my children were blue.

The worse part of this campsite is the smell, aparently the sewrage has been broken for a while but the owners will not replace the tank.

The staff are never around when you need them, the office was closed and when you could find staff they were so rude and abrupt.

This site needs some serious money spent on it and I will never return which is a shame as I have some very happy memories of past happy years especially when Kevin and Mags were running the place.

What a shame :-(

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Sarah G
Barkers_Leisure, Owner at Pilbach Holiday Park, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Firstly sorry for the long delay in answering this review, if I’m honest I didn’t even know we were on Tripadvisor,
We are sorry to hear how disappointed you were with your stay at Pilbach Holiday Park, I can only apologies for the problems and issues you encountered whilst you were there, however I would just like to comment on your review:
the toilets being dirty, the honest answer here is the cleaning staff couldn’t have been doing there job very well, and we had a couple of complaints about the cleanliness that week, so we have since changed our cleaners and introduced a checker to oversee the cleaning process, and this has made a massive difference, you also mentioned the staff were rude and that the office wasn’t open much at all, first of all the shop and office is now open between 10am - 6pm daily in the main season, and out of season 12am - 4pm 5 days, I do find it a little hard to comprehend that the staff were rude as we have had nothing but good reports from them, we also drill it in to all our staff our company policy is to be polite and obliging at all times, we also have told our staff as a last resort to contact our head office if they are unable to either satisfy the customer or the customer has an issue that can't be resolved at the park
you also mentioned about the fish shop, which actually is a snack bar takeaway, that sells burgers, hot dogs, chicken, chips ect... this facility was put in place to give our customers a good product at a reasonable price, we sell the same variety of food that was always sold from our kitchen, but now our prices are about 40% cheaper, as for the smell this isn’t an issue, we have a cooker hood and extraction unit that takes all cooking fumes up and outside the building
I hope this has answered your comments and I do hope you will consider us again
Yours sincerely,
Barkers Leisure

Been to Pilbach Holiday Park? Share your experiences!