“Lovely short break”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ffynnon Fendigaid

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhydlewis
Ffynnon Fendigaid
Ranked #1 of 4 Rhydlewis B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely short break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked Fynnon Fendigaid as a last minute getaway and was very pleased with the accommodationa nd the welcome recived. Lovely peace and quiet and even got to read a couple of books from the ones on offer. Hugh cooked an amazing roast dinner and pudding on the night of our arrival and then recommnded a pub for dinner the following evening - a couple of miles down winding roads but lovley view of the beach and sea. It is a very good place for exploring the coast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Basildon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We wanted to stay somewhere unique and unusual for our 10th wedding anniversary and we found it in Dolly!
The wagon was comfortable, cosy, quirky and had everything you needed by the way of kitchen utensils, pots/pans, great shower, electric blanket and a very powerful toaster!
It really is a perfect long weekend break.
It is situated very centrally to some beautiful parts of the country which were very accessible.
Huw was very welcoming and was kind enough to spend some time explaining the hot water and other bits and pieces.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Norfolk Alien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had known Huw and David socially many years before Ffynnon Fendigaid, but had not seen them for some 15 years.Back then, they were excellent hosts and their home exuded style and chic. After such a long time I was a little wary at bringing my new wife out to Ceredigion to stay with them. I need not have worried. We were welcomed like family and nothing was too much trouble. Huw our host, has put in 8 years of hard work to renovate various properties including a cottage, barns and a woodland chalet, not to mention Dolly the circus caravan, into beautiful tasteful highend accomodation. The amount of work to maintain the 8 acres of woodland and fields and the properties is phenomenal, much of it done by Huw. My wife reckoned she could happily live in either of the 2 main cottages - stunning....!! Huw and David took us around, showed us the area, and recommended local restaurants. We had one of the main cottage rooms, but either would have been lovely - the decor in both is modern clean and very tasteful with style .... In the main cottage, both rooms are separate and detached high quality shower and bathroom. The breakfast - lovely - well it beat me most days... Huw only uses local produce ....!!!! Huw has recovered meadows from brambles and has landscaped paths throughout the woodland which has lakes and it's own ancient pool (hence the property name)... Lots of dense trees, ponds, rhoddendrons and many shrubs. It is wonderful just to hear the wind, birds and sheep. Dolly the caravan is a delight with lots of clown bricabrac. Does it rate 5* .....definitely..... It is only a couple of miles to the main A487 for a host of lovely quiet beaches. From A487 you have easy access to Aberystwyth, Aberaron, Devils Bridge, Newcastle Emlyn and Cardigan... We had a lovely meal for our 4th wedding anniversary at La Calabria Italian Restaurant, just the other side of Rhydlewis... Huw and David - thanks for making us so welcome and giving our 10 day break such a memorable kickstart.Every success - you deserve it - and yes - we intend coming back next spring.... We took a lot of piks at the property - take a look .... !!!!

Room Tip: The cottage and dolly are self-catering, but breakfats can be arranged. For quirky choose Dolly, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

We couldn't resist returning to our favourable place to stay when in Wales. Yet again it was up to its 5 star standard. The King room has been upgraded since our last visit, making it larger & very comfortable. Huw & David certainly has great style! They are also great hosts, unobtrusive but attentive. Plus local produce for breakfast, the fresh yogurt was creamy & fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Dolly is unreal - the most comfortable and relaxing weekend I've ever had.
We arrived to Dolly at 10:30 Friday night after a long drive from Bristol (horrendous traffic!!!). Huw (the owner) was really nice and had Dolly cozy for our arrival with the heating and electric blanket on. It was a surprise weekend I booked for my partner and did not know what to expect - I want something different as our usual weekends are hectic. Dolly was perfect. The location is so peaceful and tranquil. Dolly is equipped with everything you need and more - a lovely touch with the dressing gowns. I wished I was staying for another night, although I must say I feel well rested after our two nights. Beautiful walks and villages close by. Llangrannog is a small, coastal village and only 3 miles away - Patio Cafe .... great food and coffees. I am really looking forward to our next visit to Dolly. Thanks Huw.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

What a lovely experience, my husband and I with our dog Ruby stayed in Caban Cwtch for 2 nights to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We found the caban just 'as they say on the tin', - retro, clean, and secluded. It was so refreshing not to have the phone or internet and nature just outside the window-even had a visit on the deck from a fox, lucky Ruby was inside the glass!! I would certainly consider staying there again and would recommend anyone to go.
I would also like to add the White Hart pub in Cenarth village was a lovely place to have a good dinner and chat with the locals.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My partner booked this for my birthday and she done a fab job of keeping it from me, it's such a quaint little caravan and is in outstanding condition, it's within short driving distance to nearby tourist destinations including Llangranog and Newquay ..if you get a chance to stay here, please do it as it's fun and well worth the visit ..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Ffynnon Fendigaid? Share your experiences!