“Best Caribbean Lobster ever”
Review of Uncle Roddy's

Uncle Roddy's
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Barbuda
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are sorry to say that Uncle Roddys restaurant has been badly damaged due to Hurricane Irma that passed over the Island Sept 5th and 6th 2017 and will be closed until further notice . We are hoping for a speedy recovery for the island of Barbuda that was devastated by this hurricane .
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I am from New England and we are snobs about our lobster, but Uncle Roddy made me the best Caribbean lobster I have ever had. It was moist and so flavorful. Thanks! The following day he cooked me local fish which was just as good.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We visited Barbuda via Antigua about a week ago and Uncle Roddys is a sweet setup. Quaint good food and a great beach across the dirt Road. The Lobster lunch was great and the service made me feel at home. The only bad thing I can say is bring mosquito repellant if its rained in the last few days. But that's nothing you can control just want all visitors to be aware and ready. Will def go back next time I'm in Barbuda

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Uncle Roddy's was all we were told it would be great food great Host and an enjoyable setting. The BBQ lobster adn snapper were delicious and cooked fresh we couldn't have asked for a better meal and company.

1  Thank Pete S
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I'm not surprised that Uncle Roddy's Beach Bar & Grill continues to get top marks from other reviewers.

The day before, we contacted Uncle Roddy, not only to let him know that we were coming over from Antigua, but also to let him know our food orders.

We decided to take the Barbuda Express to the island, and a taxi ride to Uncle Roddy's, and arrived a couple of hours before our lunch (this was a great opportunity for us to go swimming and a good walk afterwards to build up a hearty appetite. Our lunch comprised a whole (under priced) lobster, plantain, rice and a healthy side salad; and the drinks were the obligatory island rum punches, with the odd Wadali beer to quench our thirst.

The whole - isolated - experience was beautiful one, and for those who want seclusion and a beach all to yourselves, this trip is a highly recommended one ... just bring your swimming costumes, and enjoy!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We greatly enjoyed our visits to Uncle Roddy's--one afternoon for drinks and conversation and the next night for a delicious lobster dinner. Roddy is one of the nicest and most interesting persons we have met on many island vacations. His restaurant is simple, but the dining is creative and prepared to order. We met him one afternoon after a day on the beach while he was preparing for dinner that night. We enjoyed his rum punches but more so his knowledge of Barbuda. We arrived for our dinner reservation the next night and were warmly welcomed. I picked fresh limes from the tree for my gin and tonics which was a unique treat. Our dinner was fabulous and we visited with a family from Sweden staying at the adjacent cottage who were dining as well. A memorable night with a delightful host and his dog Ritchie!