“Could Easily Eat Here Everyday.”
Review of Uncle Roddy's

Uncle Roddy's
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Barbuda
Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are sorry to say that Uncle Roddys restaurant has been badly damaged due to Hurricane Irma that passed over the Island Sept 5th and 6th 2017 and will be closed until further notice . We are hoping for a speedy recovery for the island of Barbuda that was devastated by this hurricane .
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed for two weeks in the cottage next door to Uncle Roddy's and ate there seven of the days (and dropped in for a beer or some rum on a few others). By the end of our visit we were really sorry to leave both Roddy and his dog Ritchie behind.
Uncle Roddy prepares good, fresh, simple food. Everything is served with rice, a salad and a grilled veg (we had plantain and pumkin). The meals are all either lobster, chicken or whatever fish Roddy had bought that day (we had kingfish, snapper and grouper) and you needed to book the day before just to make sure that Roddy had enough fresh food in.
This is not the best restaurant I have ever eaten in but the beach over the road, the total isolation, good simple food and Roddy himself all made it something I shall never forget and something I want to go back to for more!
We did get bitten by a few sandflies in the evening and so we just changed the time of day we were eating.
Uncle Roddy's is like a lot of other things in Barbuda, simple, unspoilt, charming and stuck in your memory for ever.

1  Thank FRONTLODGE

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Probably the best restaurant on the island, but man, I'm fairly confident this is the place my legs got eaten alive by sand fleas. I did go the the beach, though, so perhaps it's better if you just stay put. Know that you have to call a day in advance for a reservation. Usually it's just "fish or lobster". lol. Typical, ultra chill Barbuda. LOVE this island!!!

1  Thank justinhawley
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We had a great lunch at Uncle Roddys. It's a casual restaurant on the beachfront with a friendly atmosphere and superb fresh food. We had delicious lobster and Hog fish, which I must say was great and something that I hadn't tried before. It's a must do on this lovely island.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I am from New England and we are snobs about our lobster, but Uncle Roddy made me the best Caribbean lobster I have ever had. It was moist and so flavorful. Thanks! The following day he cooked me local fish which was just as good.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We visited Barbuda via Antigua about a week ago and Uncle Roddys is a sweet setup. Quaint good food and a great beach across the dirt Road. The Lobster lunch was great and the service made me feel at home. The only bad thing I can say is bring mosquito repellant if its rained in the last few days. But that's nothing you can control just want all visitors to be aware and ready. Will def go back next time I'm in Barbuda