“It Doesn't Get Much Better”
Review of House of India

House of India
Ranked #24 of 105 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“It Doesn't Get Much Better”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Indian food, for some, is a misunderstood acquired taste. But for us, it's a no brainer. The cuisine is the most wonderful combination of ingredients we've ever enjoyed and we've been fortunate to have experienced it in the U.S., England, the Netherlands and Bermuda. The House of India ranks as good as or better than that we've enjoyed anywhere. The service is excellent and it's nice to be remembered from one visit to the next as we only get to Bermuda once a year. It's not unusual for us to go more than once during one stay. If you like good Indian food, then you must try the House of India. Very reasonable pricing.

Visited August 2013

Devonport, Australia
“yummy & gluten free”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

best to make reservation on weekends. had to wait almost an hour without one on a busy friday but thats understandable. service is okay to good depending on how busy they are (which is understandable) food is excellent, and good for gluten free people!

Visited July 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Enjoy island food but after 3 days, I crave a little spice!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I love island food...fresh seafood, mango salsas, simple sides, but after a few days if this, I really crave a little bit of spicy-ness and House of India fit the bill. I started with a sweet lassi. It was very good. They also have mango lassi. We ordered the very pricy but totally worth it lamb chops appetizer...very tender, great flavor. We also ordered chicken tikka masala, saag paneer, punjabi shrimp, tandoori roti and garlic naan. Rice was included. Everything was wonderful. We did not ask to "raise the heat" on any of the dishes but kind of wish we had. Although for the average diner it was probably just the right amount of heat. We liked this restaurant so much that we nearly went back our last day but the kids just wanted to stay somewhere at the hotel.

• Visited July 2014
Charlottetown, Canada
“Best Indian food I've had”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I love this spot. The food is amazing. The staff is super friendly. The family size garlic naan is pretty much the best thing I've ever had in a restaurant. I moved away from Bermuda a few years ago, and just recently returned for a visit. The food was as good as I remembered it, and I have never found Indian food this good anywhere else.

Visited December 2013
Guelph, Canada
“The ONLY place you should get Indian in Bermuda”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

HOI is hands down the best Indian restaurant in Bermuda.

The naan bread is amazing and I've never had a dish there I didn't like (except for a few that were more heat than I could handle).

If it weren't for the fact that I'd gain 100 pounds I'd have eaten there (or got take away) every night of the week.

Oh and the servers are always super friendly.

I highly recommend House of India even if it can be a bit hard to find for a tourist. I recommend a quick taxi ride here to keep from getting lost, especially at night. The ONLY downside to HOI is the location.

Visited August 2013