“A Birthday to Remember!”
Review of Barracuda Grill

Barracuda Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Barracuda Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This dinner was the highlight of my fabulous birthday trip to Bermuda. We began the evening at the bar with Bermuda's Best Bartender, Ryan. No matter what your taste buds fancy Ryan will be able to mix you the perfect concoction, and he's super sweet to speak with.
Then it was on to dinner... I was a bit nervous when my friend made our reservations, knowing that Barracuda was quite swanky and nervous that I wouldn't be able to eat anything on this 5-star menu because I am a (wa wa) vegetarian. Alas, the kitchen was able to offer me 3 different entree options that all sounded fabulous. I started with the Grilled Fig Salad, the honey dressing was to die for! For my entree I had a mushroom risotto with grilled veg, right up my alley.
The service was delightful, the atmosphere was cozy and romantic, and overall I give this dining experience two thumbs up! Thank you for making my birthday memorable and delicious.

1  Thank xv0nsam9x

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Most people consider me a foodie...and I agree....I love food of all types! From a $2 taco to a $90 steak...I've had it all.
My wife has the Fig salad which she loved. And the lobster gnocchi....big portion very tasty (The waitress warned her that there wasn't a lot of lobster...but there was! My Caesar salad had a very flavorful dressing, but not over garlicy like it can get. The three flavors of fish were great. The pork trio is one of the ten best plates off food I have ever had...the smoked mash was great and not overly smoky. The three selections of pork were all great and all very different!!! Amazing food!

1  Thank Spencer H
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am so glad I finally got around to going to Barracuda Grill. It was delicious from start to finish. Even though we went on a Sunday night, the restaurant was almost completely full which was nice. You can start off with a martini, which they are known for, at the bar - the bar area is tiny though and you may be kicked out of the way if people want to sit and eat there.
I tried the beef and lobster tartar (had never had these combined) as well as the goat cheese salad for appetizers - both were delicious. I probably wouldn't order the beef and lobster tartar again though - it was good but I would like to try the yellowfin tuna tartar next. Next, I uncharacteristically ordered pasta (I usually eat meat or fish) - I am beyond glad that I did because the gnocchi and lobster dish was one of the best I've ever had. The portion was perfect - not too small, not too big.
I usually don't have dessert unless it's a special occasion, but the friends we were with told us they were known for their desserts so we had to have one. They are all absolutely delicious so you must at least order one and share it.
The waiter was very nice and knowledgable about the food.
The only 2 negatives we experienced: 1) we weren't greeted very politely and were told a little rudely to just go to the bar and wait. 2) we waited for our wine a little too long more than once.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Sophisticated, hip atmosphere. Had an amazing fig and cheese salad, but wasn"t crazy about the "fish of the day" - a local fish, that was described as creamy. Pretty flavourless. But my husband's scallops were great, as was our shared sticky toffee dessert - We particularly enjoyed the excellent and personable service of our formerly Irish waitress.We were also treated to after dinner drinks to help celebrate our anniversary!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We went to this restaurant based on a recommendation from the concierge at our hotel, validated by TripAdvisor reviews and ratings. We came away wondering why. The food was fine, but nothing special. The atmosphere was fine, but nothing special. The service was slow. Furthermore, our waitress did not seem to be aware that with 2 out of the 4 people at the table being over 80, the background music blaring fairly loud, ambient noise from conversations at other tables in a full restaurant, a fairly heavy accent and a tendency to mumble, she should probably bend down a little, lean into the table, slow down her speech, and project her voice. Instead, she rattled off the specials at full speed while hardly moving her lips; even us "younger" diners with perfect hearing had to ask her to repeat herself a few times. Quite annoying. Overall, we had high expectations that were not met in the food quality, atmosphere, nor service.

1  Thank crazeefrog