“A nice place for lunch while in Hamilton.”
Review of Pickled Onion

Pickled Onion
Ranked #25 of 108 Restaurants in Hamilton
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Temporary closed for renovation.
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for lunch after coming back from the navy yard. Upscale and pretty, this restaurant was on the main street close to the ferry dock. I had a delicious salad and he had a perfectly cooked to order Canadian cheddar burger. Drinks were nice and our waiter, although very busy, was attentive. Lunch anywhere in Bermuda averages about $70 if you have a few drinks. We did enjoy the restaurant very much and would recommend it.

1  Thank miapia
Write a ReviewReviews (1,287)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Food was less than average. Had the Lamb and while lamb is one of my favourites, the warp lacked any intense flavour or texture. The place does have a few local beers on tap and the atmosphere is ok. I will give it 5 stars for great air conditioning if you need to get out of the heat!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We drank at the bar on many occasions during our stay, it seemed quieter than many in Hamilton but it was one of the few without televisions and it was the world cup. The bar staff were attentive and the Martini's very good.
We ate in the restaurant one evening. I had the prime rib and my husband had the fillet mignon. Both were excellent , the steak was far superior to the one we paid twice as much for in the Barracuda. There is an outside terrace with views of the harbour and Front street, it was fully booked the night we ate but I think it would have been too humid for us anyway. We had a very nice table just inside so we had most of the view but the benefit of air con. The service was good and the prices reasonable.
We had booked to have lunch here on our last day in Bermuda but we had eaten so much over 2 weeks that we decided we could not eat another thing and cancelled. However we would have been very happy to do so.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

One of the only places we found with an active dance scene. This place was hopping late at night. Great DJ and a band. Also pretty good food during the day, if a bit expensive.

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was there twice during my visit - the first time was lunch with my lady friends. The outside seating was lovely and entertaining (you get to see a lot going on down on the street). The lunch menu was great - salads are good. We enjoyed it so much that we returned with our husbands / boy friends when they raced into Bermuda from Newport. Our group also enjoyed an indoors lunch with more "guy's food" - hamburgers, meat dishes, and pasta dishes. They are good too.

The location is great. The drinks are good. I recommend the salads.