“Mike in Bermuda”

Portofino Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Portofino Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant, Its casual, with good food and very gracious and accommodating staff. The made an off menu dish for us that was great. The prices are reasonable with a great menu variety. The decor was nice old world Italian. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I love Italian food and what I ate here was delicious. Four of us ate here all really enjoying it and it was probably the most reasonably priced restaurant we ate in. We were seated promptly and served drinks quickly while we decided what to eat. I had a mushroom risotto which was stunning followed by a freshly prepared zabaglione which was exquisite! Sadly can't remember what the others ate but we all agreed it was superb! The staff were very attentive. We couldn't have asked for more. Should we return to Bermuda we will definitely return here.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Dinner at the Portofino in Hamilton was an affordable treat. Our large group was attended to by a very friendly and efficient staff that would have been just as at home in Portofino, Italy. My meal was splendid and could easily have cost twice as much in many restaurants. A good selection of wines complement the authentic fare. A good value on an otherwise expensive island.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Shared a calamari starter, I got a calzone and wife had a quattro stagione pizza. She had water to drink and I had a pint of lager. Total cost including tip was £50/$75.

Food was alright. Starter a bit chewy and pizzas fine, but nothing special. Portions are large; calzone was absolutely huge, so if getting this you won't need a starter.

Service was fairly abrupt and there was a long wait for our plates to be cleared at the end. There is outdoor seating, which is a plus.

Beer was $10, which is very expensive even by Bermudian standards. Were also overcharged for the starter.

Left feeling completely indifferent to the place and wouldn't return. Must be better places to eat for the price. We ate at an Italian restaurant in Boston last week and, while I'm aware that Bermuda is more expensive, it was cheaper and WAY better.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great place for a leisurely lunch while shopping on Front St. Probably the least expensive restaurant we ate at on the island and the food is quite good. The pizzas are big enough for two people for sure. Also, try the Bermuda Chowder as the appetizer...delicious.