“1st visit to Bermuda”

Portofino Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ENFIELD
“1st visit to Bermuda”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great Italian atmospehere & the staff were friendly & attentive.
We had smaller portions of the pasta meals & with a salad was still more than we could eat.

Visited July 2014

Tampa, Florida
“A side-street find and a great lunch”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We really enjoyed our lunch here and the prices were reasonable compared to many other places. House wine was great and service efficient but not rushed at all. Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Very good pesto”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This restaurant is extremely popular and extremely good. I consider myself a pesto connoisseur and very few places serve pesto that meets my standards. Portofino's doesn't accept reservations for 2 people but makes a good effort to find a table on a busy night.

Visited June 2014
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Hands down one of the best places to enjoy a meal!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Portofino's was outstanding to my fiancé and I. We ate there 5 nights in a row with excellent food and service. Immediately when we walked in, we got seated anywhere we pleased and the decor in the restaurant really makes you feel like your in Italy- from vintage photos covering the entire walls to all sizes of wine bottles on shelves and all kind of italian antiques all over the restaurant!

The entire staff was beyond friendly and always met our needs. They are able to make you anything on the menu/ if you want to add something or take away an ingredient they are able to work with you because they make everything from scratch. The chef is from Italy, and the entire staff is Italian, they speak the language and know great italian food tips!

We had the chicken parm, penne with meatballs, spaghetti and meatballs, pizzas, mussels- I mean everything was just SOO good, never a bad meal--and they even made my fiancé a special dish from scratch that was not on the menu, we just asked if they had the ingredients, which they did and the dish was excellent! The prices are reasonable $20-$30 a plate

Everything in Bermuda is expensive, I was very disappointed to even see bad reviews on this restaurant due to prices-- REALLY? If you can't afford Bermuda-stay away then! I mean come on... we should know this lol its Bermuda. And honestly this restaurant for the amount of food they give you is not nearly as expensive as more than half of the other places on the island. We have gone there 3 years in a row and tried almost every place , and to us by far this was the best for us.

The wines were great, I suggest getting a large carafee which is a 1 liter glass container and its very reasonable $29 (and its more than a bottle of wine) and the wine was great, rose, white and red! The desserts were yummy! we got cannolis, tiramisu and home made ice creams :)

I want to thank Giovanni and Jucepe and as well as the rest of the staff for making our stay at the restaurant one of the best experiences ever!

We HIGHLY recommend this place!

Enjoy :)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank DiannaVieira
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Long time Bermuda Institution for Good Italian”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of 6 for dinner. The place was busy (usual on a Friday evening) but we had called ahead for a reservation. If you don't they are pretty good about finding a table for you anyway, but on a weekend evening it can be a bit of a wait.

I had my usual Fettuccine Portofino, which is done with a pink sauce, sun dried tomato, etc. I love this dish! Even when busy service is generally quick as these guys know how to turn tables! The food is authentic and I have never had a bad experience there.

The staff are excellent, very friendly and professional. The restaurant is family friendly too!

Visited June 2014