“Excellent location and atmosphere, but.....”

Harry's at the Waterfront
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's at the Waterfront is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 106 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Harry's is located at The Waterfront on Hamiton Harbour. We focus on the freshest product possible and invite you to enjoy our lively bar scene while enjoying the views of Hamilton Harbour, next to the Hamilton Princess. We are proud of our extensive wine list having earned recognition from Wine Spectator Magazine. Follow us on facebook for daily specials! Fantastic Cold Micro Brews on tap!
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Barry's is an "establishment" in Hamilton. Located close to the prime business district and the water, it is well located. The outdoor seating, on a good day, is superb. Good cosy ambiance with attentive wait staff.

The menu is diverse with good fish selections. Presentation is average while preparation could be a little better. I had tuna sashimi - very good, and the fish special over a spinach salad. This was quite ordinary as the fish was over-cooked and the salad plain.

1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a stylish restaurant that offers highly styled and plated food. But the food is also delicious as well as very good looking. We can recommend the steaks, salmon, cod, chicken, and oysters as main courses. But that's just a start. Based on our experience, probably every single thing on the menu will be great. We have returned to this restaurant several times over many trips and intend to go back again. It is a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

If you also want to be amused, visit the restrooms.

1  Thank Stee E
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I planned a large dinner here for a group of 30. We used a semi private space in the restaurant and everyone raved about their experience. The food was excellent - freshly and deliciously prepared. The servers were outstanding as well. I would definitely recommend visiting Harry's while in Hamilton!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The food is very good at this restaurant which is not a tourist place as the locals were all there for lunch. There is NOT a view of the water from this place, but the food and service were top notch. Seafood, steaks, salads...something for everyone. A very nice place if you are trying to get away from the tourists and get some high end food.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was just at Harry's for lunch with a big group and really enjoyed it. I ordered a cajun chicken sandwich served on a cranberry bread - it was really fresh and inventive - I've never had anything quite like it. The servers were all vey nice and tended to the table very well. Although I would recommend it for lunch and happy hour, I am not sure I will try it for dinner - their menu is more expensive and the setting not quite as nice as some other options in Hamilton. The outdoor seating in my opinion is a nicer atmosphere than inside.