“A great value for your dollars as well as quiet,clean comfortable and a great staff.”
Review of Rosemont

and 1 more site!
Rosemont
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Since 1990 my wife and I and our two adult aged daughters have been coming to the beautiful island of Bermuda. During our first visit we stayed at the Sonesta Beach Hotel in Southampton.The following year we purchased a time share week at the St. Georges Club in St. George and for the next 13 years spent a week at each. When the Sonesta closed down and we started looking for a new hotel in which to spend the other half of our vacation when we came upon the Rosemont. Though the Rosemont lacked the large hotel atmosphere,specialty shops,and restaurants on sight it is only a 5-10 minute walk to the center of Hamilton where one can find all that one desires when it comes to shopping or eating out. .Price wise we went from spending 500plus dollars a day to around $300.00 excluding meals. As eating out in Bermuda can be quite costly (Anywhere from $200 and up for four adults for dinner) we not only bring certain food items and do our own cooking but also spend on average an extra $250 to $300 or so in the local food markets that are know different than most markets in the U.S.As for the Rosemont it is everything that one could ask for in a small hotel.This will be our 5th stay . We have stayed in each level of their guest rooms from their most basic to their Penthouse Suite and have always found the rooms to be clean and fully supplied with everything to make ones stay a memorable one.To sum up my feelings about the Rosemont I'd have to say it is probably one if not the best small hotel values in Bermuda .

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank kkwc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
solo
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Stayed here recently for 2 weeks, when I arrived, security was about as approachable as a lion with toothache, went to reception in the morning the owner is about as welcoming as a dentist... no personality, as for help and you get 1 word answers and feel like your interrupting him and you feel like your being a problem!

This place caters for business users! people who travel from all over the world and the internet here is total crap... its like being in 1990 - PEOPLE IN BUSINESS NEED COMMUNICATION VIA THE INTERNET!!!! I may as well slept on the street.... I would never want to stay here again it made me feel depressed and I felt like an intruder!

The only PLUS is the cleaning staff and maids, these were absolutely lovely, happy, full of personality as so efficient!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank solo223445
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 23 October 2010

This place has nice big rooms, a pool with a view of the harbour, use of gas barbecues, and is in the centre of Bermuda, close to the bars and not unreasonably far from the beaches. It's not a fancy place. Prices in Bermuda are much higher than the U.S. so don't expect what you'd get for $200/night in the States-- expect more what you would get for $100/ night. Breakfast is yoghurt and a muffin in the lobby (if they haven't been already taken by others), rooms are comfortable but not renovated in a while. And, like everywhere in Bermuda, there are ants. You really can't escape them, even in fancy hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank quebermy
monterey, ca
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Returned again this year for a 2 week stay. Rooms have been upgraded and
everything was great. Owner on site every day. Walk to town, little kitchens in every room, Pool all to ourselves all day! Will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bermudabill
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I stayed at Rosemont with my children and their children at the end of March to celebtate the 75th birthday of my husband. It was extremely comfortable and the owner and staff went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed ourselves. We were in a third floor suite which was very spacious and our family were in the newly rennovated pool rooms. We were the first to guests to occupy them after they were spruced up. They were very clean, comfortable and the beds were very nice. My family all enjoyed themselves. The location was perfect and we could walk downtown Hamilton in just 10 minutes. I would recommend Rosemont to other family groups who want a smaller hotel near Hamilton. Very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
monterey, ca
Reviewed 11 June 2009

I have been going to Bermuda for over 40 years! First trip was spring break 1963. We happened on the Rosemont about 20 years ago and have stayed many times since then. We are due to return 7/09. The rooms are not fancy, but clean. The pool is great.
The owners and staff are great. It's a businessman's hotel so the pool is like our own.
Downtown Hamilton is a short walk. The golf is great and we rent a scooter to get around. Best value in Bermuda. We prefer the pool side rooms which are older, but we can fall into the pool from our patio. They also have newer one bedroom units and all rooms have kitchens.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bermudabill
Surrey England
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I visit Bermuda three or four time a year on business and always enjoy my stay at Rosemont. This was my eightth or ninth stay and again I find it most suitable. It is very comfortable, the suites are a good size, clean but simply decorated, the grounds and pool excellent and the room has complimentary wireless internet service which I need. It is not as fancy as the Fairmont hotel at the bottom of the hill but it is only about half the cost. You can walk to Hamilton in five minutes and the small kitychinettes allow you the opportunity to not have to dine out every night. I look forward to staying there again in the fall.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Rosewood Tucker's Point
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,054 reviews

Been to Rosemont? Share your experiences!