“Great place in Hamilton”
Review of Royal Palms Hotel

Royal Palms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We just got back today from Bermuda, where we spent five nights at Royal Palms. The place is impeccable. Previous reviews are on the money as the staff is courteous and informative, the rooms are spotless, the grounds and facilities excellent, and the location superb. You are truly a 10-15 min. walk into Hamilton depending on where you are going. The wine hour is great. The breakfast, though not full buffet, is perfectly adequate with juices, ham, cheese, quiche, bakery items, cereal, soft boiled eggs, and waffles. It would be nice if the pool were heated; that is my only suggestion.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mackerel
Royalbermuda, Manager at Royal Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear mackerel,

Thank you so much for your review.

You'll be pleased to hear that we are taking into consideration the heating of our swimming pool. While it is lovely during the summer months we certainly understand the chill during the winter time.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute weekend getaway and quickly chose the hotel based on the trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The service you get here is like no other. Elisa was extremely helpful upon check in, and we were given a complimentary upgrade into a suite which was very nice. She also helped us plan our day each morning which was very helpful especially since it was raining and we didn't have as many options. They offer umbrellas to the guests which is also nice.

The breakfast in the morning is great! Especially since a breakfast outside of the resort will cost you 18-25 dollars for just one person. I found that there were plenty of options. There was always lot of food and I always made it down at the very end of breakfast. I enjoyed boiling my own eggs and making my own waffles. My only issue was eating everything I put on my plate!

The gardens here are beautiful, you get a nice view if your having dinner here or just in the breakfast area. I enjoyed the lounges and the bar area where we were once again treated very kindly. They really go out of there way to make you comfortable. They even allowed us to order desert hours after the restaurant closed because the pastry chef was still around. They will stay here for you all night if that is what you desire!

The location was perfect we walked to the first sports bar (robin hood) in 5 minutes and were right on front street in no more than 10. We took the bus to the aquarium and St. Georges and it was very easy and saved us a lot of money on cab fare!! Next time we will try the ferry as well.

The room was very clean and had a nice view of the pool, the housekeeping staff was friendly as well and did a great job. I never saw the handyman here stop working, he does a great job keeping this place beautiful!

I will def. stay here again and I really can't understand how anyone could rate this place less than a 5!

Thank you for a wonderful weekend, we hope to see you again soon!

(PS they had a birthday party on the Saturday night we were there and all the guests were raving about the service and food and what a great time they had! The staff really went out of their way to make it special for them)

2  Thank Sharolyn R
Royalbermuda, Manager at Royal Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Sharolyn R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our property. We truly appreciate your kind comments about the hotel, services, and our colleagues.

We're so glad you didn't let the rain ruin your weekend!

We look forward to welcoming you both again.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Staff were the best I have ever experienced, just the right amount of friendly yet very professional and quick to sort any problems. They have a wine hour which is free wine and a really nice touch, pretty good wine too. Free coffee available all day in the nice hotel seating area. We stayed in a Deluxe mini suite, the 4th our of 5th most expensive type. Our room on the first night of our 3 night stay had a real noise problem from the freezer in the main kitchen behind. The "seating area" was one chair at the side of the fairly small bedroom. There was a very small kitchenette. Had a poor night sleep so asked to be moved. The next room had less of a noise issue but not no noise issue. The fridge was very loud and I had to unplug it at night. The room was no bigger. I am pretty sure by looking at the 360 degree tour on their website we were in a Superior mini suite not the Deluxe. I suspect this may have been an oversight on their part, I have only just realized now when looking again at the rooms on the website! Wifi was great in the first room we stayed, worked on my computer in the second but signal strength not good enough to use on my phone. This last part is a little pedantic I know and I wasn't going to mention it but I was going to give it 3/5 stars till I just worked out we were in the wrong class of room. Listen, I am sure you'll really enjoy it assuming we just had bad luck as they will be gutted when they read this and sort any issues straight away. If they got it right like I am sure they do most of the time I guess it would have gotten a 4/5. I don't think I would come back, there is better value to be had a very short boat ride away which if you read one of my other reviews that I am about to post you can find out.

2  Thank tomholiday

Dear tomholiday,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate both the positive and negative comments.

Our sincere apologies for the noise you encountered in your first room and I'm happy to know that we were able to move you. I'm sorry that you found the refrigerator in the 2nd room not as quiet as you would have expected so we have therefore undertaken to have this replaced. We would be more than happy to credit you the difference between the Superior Mini Suite and the Deluxe Mini Suite and I will ensure that it is done today. I'm sure the goal at the time was only to get you into a comfortable and comparable room.

We're glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your vacation in Bermuda and hope you visit the island again.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at the Royal Palms Hotel for 14 nights and there isn't a single day that we were unhappy about. The staff is just fantastic, the facilities are absolutely clean and modern. You are treated like family from the time you check-in and up to the time you leave. The complimentary breakfast is very good and Ascots Restaurant is excellent. If one wishes the hotel is within easy walking distance to Front Street, bus terminal, ferry terminal, shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: We had a room on second floor overlooking the outdoor swimming pool and it as excellent. We don'...
1  Thank Harry O

Dear Harry O,

Our staff really enjoy what they do which is proven by your kind comments. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review of your experience.

We certainly hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have been to Bermuda numerous times since 1978 and have stayed at lots of hotels which are fine. If you want a feel of how Bermuda really is then stay here. The service, cleanliness, attitude, etc. are all great and just a short walk to downtown Hamilton. I kinda want to keep it a secret.

Room Tip: If you smoke, get a room with an outside table and ash tray.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
7  Thank Joseph W

Dear Joseph W,

How awesome that you would like to keep us a secret, that means so much to us, thank you! We certainly hope you will continue to travel to Bermuda in the future and choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Royal Palms Hotel was all I hoped for as far as location and local ambience, when you chose a hotel online you are never quite sure. The grounds (which are very large and pretty) were beautifully maintained and the hotel also was up to scratch. The staff were so warm and friendly - I have never experienced such friendliness and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts were good and the restaurant was fabulous - on our last night we were generously presented with a fabulous dessert for the two of us . We had a seven night stay and could walk quite easily everywhere. Our room had all the amenities you would possibly need and the only drawback was perhaps a mustiness that is due to the high humidity in Bermuda.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Marialouise2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Location: We loved being just outside Hamilton - close enough to restaurants and nightlife, but far enough to feel secluded! The hotel is on a quiet street surrounded by gorgeous greenery and fabulous gardens.

Facilities: It looks just like a large B&B - charming, inviting common areas, immaculately decorated, very pretty inside and out. Our room seemed a bit dated/standard-issue vs. what I would expect at a B&B -- this jumped out at us because the rest of the hotel, from the gardens to the hallway was so beautifully done.

Breakfast: Okay, but not great. Selection was more than sufficient for continental breakfast, but the quality was somewhat disappointing. Think Costco.

Supper: Had delicious Sunday night supper (they serve a light menu at the bar as the restaurant is officially closed). Wish the breakfast was same quality!

Service: Lovely, friendly staff from check-in to check-out.

4  Thank KaterinaSM

Dear KatherinaSM,

Thank you for your review.

We're sorry to hear you found your guest room to be dated/standard issue. What makes Royal Palms so unique is that each room is individually decorated. If we had known that you were unhappy with your room we would have been more than happy to show you some others.

Thank you for highlighting our colleagues, we are very proud of them and the service they provide.

Theresa Harney-Zuill

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Southampton Parish
The Reefs
The Reefs
#2 of 3 in Southampton Parish

Been to Royal Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!