“Lovely relaxing holiday”
Review of Royal Palms Hotel

Royal Palms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed 7 January 2009

We spent Christmas and New Year at the Royal Palms Hotel during our three week holiday to Bermuda during 2008. The Hotel is well located a short walk away from the main area of Hamilton. We stayed in one of the suites which was comfortable and found the kitchenette to be very useful for snacks and drinks. The gardens are lovely and well maintained. The continental breakfast is varied and adequate. The biggest asset the hotel has is its staff they are all extremely helpful and charming and nothing is too much trouble. There is a good restaurant, Ascots, and a very nice lounge bar to enjoy a cocktail before dinner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet and comfortable place to stay not too far from Hamilton.

Bermuda itself is a very laid back place and its people are very friendly and courteous.

The only draw back as far as we could see is the expense of everything. Nevertheless we had a super time

Eve and Bob
Walsall
England

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stellarta
There are newer reviews for Royal Palms Hotel

Reviewed 17 December 2008

I stayed in Bermuda for three months on business. One of the most important things for me was to be able to stay in a place where I did not feel like I was boxed in a hotel room, with the hustle and bustle of tourist every where and no one really cared whether you were there or not.

I was unfortunate to spend two very long nights at a nearby hotel that was quite disappointing. A friend referred me to Royal Palms, and from the moment I walked in I felt welcome and very special, and that it was going to be my home away from home for the next three months. It certainly was that and more!

I feel like I have acquired a new family in Bermuda. Everyone on staff has been so wonderful, and consistent with the level and quality of service. The attention to details was so heart warming, and the constant check by everyone to make sure I was okay.

John at breakfast realizing that I was usually in a hurry in the mornings, would insist that I take a little something with me, it made me smile because I thought just like a good parent he wanted to make sure I started my day off right.

Theresa, Sonia and Sherrie at the Front Office always made sure that I was okay for transportation or any other needs that I may have had.

Mrs. Weare, one of the owners was always so sweet and gentle, and so low key, that I did not realize who she was for some time, she was just there to make sure that all of the guests were happy. It is also apparent that she is appreciated by the staff, which says a lot and goes a long way.

Eva, Angela and Lorna, took excellent care of my room, which was so spacious and beautifully decorated, there was definitely not a moment of feeling in a box, but rather a little piece of home.

The bar and restaurant staff was also so lovely. The food was superb and Chef Ed so modest, when I stopped by to pay a compliment on the taste and presentation of the food he was quick to point out that it was a team effort.

The property is just beautiful! with an amazing garden. My favorite places must have been in the main building which houses an atrium like breakfast room, and the coziest bar/lounge that you could imagine, just off the hotel's famous Ascots restaurant.

I have fallen in love with the Royal Palms and thank the entire team for making me feel like family. Whenever I am in Bermuda it will always be my home away from home!

Cleo - Bahamas

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Cocoveneta
Reviewed 10 September 2008

My boyfriend and I have stayed at Royal Palms Hotel twice last year in the same month - when we got home the first time, we missed it so much we had to go back the following weekend. What made our stay also so special this year is that the staff made sure that we got the same room that we loved so much the stay before. The reason we keep going back is because of the friendly and helpful staff and the clean and tastefully decorated establishment. Also their beautiful garden makes you feel like to stepped into your own paradise. The staff makes you feel so welcomed and at ease, my boyfriend and I always feel so good about staying there. There is nothing like spening all day at the beautiful beaches and riding your scooter back to Royal Palms to unwind and getting ready for dinner. We always get very sad everytime we have to leave, but we also look forward to coming back to our lovely home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sora A
Reviewed 5 August 2008

My mother and I returned from our vacation in Bermuda last week. We had the good fortune of staying at the Royal Palms Hotel in Hamilton. I can't say enough about how lovely everything was. We were treated like queens and hated to leave. The front desk staff was superb, even driving us to town one evening. They assisted us with making dinner suggestions and reservations which were superb. We ate at Blu, the Hog and Penny, LaTrattoria, Cafe Gio (in Georgetown), to name a few. The housekeeping service at the hotel was top notch. I never even noticed the housekeepers around yet somehow our room was kept tidy and clean. The grounds were also very well kept. The garden is beautiful and very restful. The pool area was sparkling clean. Having a pool at home, I know how hard it is to keep the pool clean ! We had dinner one evening at Ascot's, the property's restaurant. It was very enjoyable. The food was well prepared and we were not rushed. It was nice not to have to leave the property to have a 5 star meal.

I would not hesitate for a moment to return to this hotel and would definitely tell anyone who asks to stay there. We had a wonderful time in Bermuda and lots of happy memories, especially of the Royal Palms and it's owners & staff. Susan, one of the owners, also went out of her way to drive my mother and I to town. I have never stayed at an Inn where the owners would do this ! She also provided suggestions for sightseeing which were also extremely helpful, telling us what to avoid, where to eat, how to get around the island. We had a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank will-ken08
Reviewed 27 July 2008

The Royal Palms is a perfect small hotel and an ideal base from which to see all of beautiful Bermuda. The grounds are lovely, and the rooms are immaculate and well-appointed. The staff, to a man or woman, is friendly and helpful beyond belief. In fact, prior to our arrival, they provided significant guidance and support via phone and e-mail. A swimming pool and world-class restaurant, Ascot's, are located on the premises and greatly enhance the experience.

My wife and I decided, instead of cruising to the island or staying at an all-inclusive resort, to lodge at the Royal Palms, and we can honestly say we are glad we did. Firstly, the hotel itself is clean, comfortable, quiet, and safe. Each member of the staff is unfailingly cheerful and willing to provide first-rate concierge services. Each morning, a delicious continental breakfast is served in a lovely open-air veranda; this is an excellent value in Bermuda, where food in any venue can be quite expensive. The location of the hotel is also extremely beneficial; it rests in a quiet residential neighborhood, with the city of Hamilton just a fifteen minute walk away. In Hamilton, which is quite manageable and features top-notch dining and shopping, a visitor can purchase a transportation pass good for one or several days, then board a bus or ferry to travel the island. Either method of transportation is comfortable, safe, and expedient. My wife and I took the ferry to Dockyard, then took the bus from there to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and back to Hamilton. We also took the ferry to St. George's and the bus to Elbow Beach. All in all, the Royal Palms Hotel is quiet and cozy...yet conveniently located just a short walk from all the vacation fun and sightseeing you could want on the island of Bermuda.

In short, the Royal Palms is the perfect place for a visitor to stay on Bermuda. As we rode off in the airport shuttle at the end of our stay, hotel staff waved goodbye and told us to come back soon; other passengers aboard the shuttle said, "Gee, no one waved goodbye to us at our hotel!"

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MisterNeutron
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I booked this hotel after much consideration. I have been to Bermuda many times; but, this was my first trip with two teenaged girls as companions. The Royal Palms proved to be an excellent choice. The grounds are lovely and I enjoyed having my coffee or wine sitting among the gorgeous flowers and fountains. Our room (23) was very large and quite comfortable. It was kept clean and fresh. There was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker which allowed me to keep a ready supply of snacks (teenagers apparently go hungry if left unfed for more than an hour at a time). The girls had twin beds and I had a pullout sofa. It was adequate and about as good as a sofa can be. We had an excellent supply of towels for both beach and the room. I felt very secure in the hotel and was comfortable letting the girls go out to explore Hamilton on their own.
The staff was very accomodating and polite. The breakfast is good. The girls loved the waffles! The hotel keeps a good supply of dvd's for in room viewing, which kept the girls entertained.
I highly recommend the Royal Palms and its very capable, professional staff.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank cmcfong
Reviewed 21 June 2008

Having worked in Bermuda it was good to return as a visitor . The Royal Palms had been recommended by friends . The hotel is close to Hamilton's attractions and in an easy walking distance to the restaurants and shopping facilities. The hotel staff are friendly and informative regarding the islands tourist attractions and excellent transport system. The hotel is small and personal with well decorated rooms. The continental breakfast is all you need to start the day for sightseeing or relaxing on the brilliant beaches. Special thanks to Susan and Richard the owners and John for making our return visit such an enjoyable visit. .

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ExpatriotsEngland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Rosedon Hotel
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Hamilton Parish

Been to Royal Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!