“Excellent service and food...hands down top sushi in Bermuda!”
Review of Beluga Sushi Bar

Beluga Sushi Bar
Ranked #23 of 107 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Overall
- Great staff, from host to chefs
- The sushi chefs are obviously artists as you can easily see the meticulous care they take in preparing meals
- Location in the lower foyer of the Washington Mall was a little odd, but acceptable and worked for this small restaurant
- Quality of fish was superb, fresh, and great value for money vs. other Bermuda sushi options

My husband and I ventured to Washington Mall as we were in the mood for some sushi and felt like trying a new place. We are definitely happy we tried the Beluga Bar, as from the moment we got there and chose to sit at the bar, the server was fantastic and genuinely friendly.

One of the sushi chefs also came by during our meal to see how we liked it. As we sat and observed, it was clear this place has a lot of regulars, who seemed more like friends than patrons of the restaurant staff.

We ordered sashimi and a few rolls, and for the price we paid, were more than full by the time we were done. 10-piece rolls for $9 is nearly unheard of in Bermuda, and the fact that they were made with such quality skill and ingredients, made it all worthwhile.

A couple of tips...look at the posters near the bar for some preset meals which weren't in the menu we had. Also, they gave us the impression they will custom-make make rolls for you, and have a nice selection of specialty rolls as well.

Great portions, excellent quality of seafood, and fantastic service and value made this one of the best meals we've had in Bermuda and beyond!!! We will DEFINITELY be back to our new favourite sushi restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Beluga Sushi Bar

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Sam, Mateo and the team are the BEST.!!!! The creativity and the quality is some of the finest Sushi you will every eat. The atmosphere is a little distracting because it feels like you are sitting in an airport lounge. Beluga is in a mall under the staircase but that is the only thing that is a little off because the Sushi makes up for the atmosphere. A must if you love great sushi with a flair.

2  Thank Bdachrissy
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Fresh, creative, and delicious! The location is not conventional but don't be fooled. This is some of the best food you will ever eat!!! I have never had such great sushi. Best ever! Chef Samy is beyond creative. I have never liked shrimp but when Chef Samy presented it I did not want to be rude and not try it. I am so glad I tried it b/c it was on of the best things I've ever eaten. Do not order from the menu. Chef Samy will come up with a menu for you with everything fresh that he has. Every piece of sashimi, seaweed salad, and tempura was out of this world. If you go anywhere in Bermuda for dinner this should be #1 hands down!!! Service was impeccable as well.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This sushi is so fresh and delicious! Chef Samy was very creative and recommended great rolls. The sashimi was to die for. He actually cut the yellowtail entire fish in front of us and gave us 2 different cuts with a delicious gourmet sauce based out of olive oil! We loved it so much we went back a couple of days later! Kids were very excited and enjoyed everything he made for them. I highly recommend this place to everyone!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I used to be swayed by pearl (other sushi restaurant in Hamilton) but had a suggestion fro the parents and thought I must try sushi somewhere else. I went with the boyfriend and my god have I been converted. Not only by their outstanding sushi and presentation...but by the friendliness and fast approach to everything they do in here. Whether its seeing if we needed a top up, tending to everyone's needs in the bar, making sure we are enjoying the food. It's was fantastic and my boyfriend loved every minute of it also. We felt that we got a lot for our money here, kind of hard to come by when in Bermuda but we were stuffed full of sparkling wine and fantastic sushi. The sushi chef whom can't remember the name of really went out of his way to make us feel welcome, he showed us many dishes that he had made, and even suggested things that weren't on the menu. It was great to see that someone loves their job so much and you can see he is passionate about pleasing people. Couldn't of been happier with the outcome of our night. Thank you beluga bar!!!!! I will be telling everyone about this....

2  Thank Lindsey R