“Great outfit, Great NCL Excursion”

Fantasea Bermuda Cruises
US$50.00*
Famous Homes and Hideaways Cruise in Bermuda
Ranked #3 of 18 Tours in Hamilton
More attraction details
Owner description: SPLASH INTO FUN WITH FANTASEA DIVING & WATERSPORTS! Fantasea Diving and Watersports is located in the historic Royal Naval Dockyard, Somerset. We offer a variety of tours, including diving, snorkeling, bike riding, kayaking, SNUBA, power snorkeling, whale watching and rum tasting. We also have private boats to rent with the option of hiring a captain. Join us for an adventure you'll never forget!
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Started our 1st day in Bermuda off right! Booked an intro to diving via NCL through Fantasea Dive. Grandpa, Dad and Mom already certified but did the "Discover Scuba" as a 3 generation group with my 12 year old son. Kyla and staff were awesome! They made sure my son was dialed in and ready to go. He enjoyed the experience so much he wants to officially get certified. And the coarse book we received comes with the first chapter online free! Second day, the certified group did a 2 tank dive. Captain of a nice boat has an underwater camera you can rent, and he will sell you the card to go with. Not expensive either! Great pics of cool fish, friends and wrecks! All in all it was an amazing 3 days in the cove with Fantasea! They do a top notch, SAFE, diving experience. Did I say Kyla was a great dive master! Can't wait to get back to Bermuda !

Fantaseabda, Manager at Fantasea Bermuda Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hey Sheila!

Thanks for the great review and we're so glad you had a great time diving with us! You are always welcome back on the boat on any future trip to Bermuda! Still working on the Fantasea Staff trip to Texas! Hope to see you all again soon and cant wait for when your son can come out on the boat with us as well!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My daughter and I took a 2-tank Scuba Dive with Fantasea as a shore excursion during our cruise to Bermuda on Norwegian Cruise Lines. And this was a fantastic experience. We were met at the designated meeting point by our Dive Master (Andre) and he escorted us to the boat. There were only 4 of us from the ship so that made it even nice as there was plenty of room and personal attention from the crew from Fantasea. Quick boat ride over to their shop where we geared up. Then off to the dive sites in a nice dive boat. First site was a "wreck dive" of an old ferry boat that had been placed out near the reef for diving purposes. Very thorough pre-dive safety briefing from the Dive Master and then some great help from the Asst Dive Master when I had a regulator issue in the water. This was the first real ocean dive after my daughter finished our certification a few weeks earlier. Beautiful dive conditions. The second dive site as a great reef with lots of color, corals and fish. This was not "advanced" diving or very deep diving (about 45' max) so was perfect for us. Thanks to Fantasea for a great Bermuda dive experience.

1  Thank Jim K

Thanks for coming diving with us while you were in Bermuda and we're so glad that you and your daughter had such a good time. Come back and visit us anytime!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My family of three did a two-tank dive with Fantasea Diving on June 17. They picked us up right on King's Wharf (we arrived via cruise ship) and we went to the equipment shed for any needed gear. The dive master Kyla was great handling anything that came up and never got frustrated. Captain Dave was wonderful as well. The tanks were full and we hit two sites, a sunken ship where we signed a geo cache underwater and swam through the wreck, and the 'blue hole' which had magnificent coral formations. We swam through two coral tunnels and a coral cave. Not many fish and not much color, but the fish that are there swim right with you and are close. Our only frustration was with the weights, you need more in Bermuda because of the salt-heavy water and they use weight belts. The webbed belts went on dry, and of course once wet they stretch so I for one had trouble with my weight belt slipping off. I tightened it myself three times but ultimately I needed Kyla's help to re-tighten and move on. Before booking I saw some mixed reviews, but I went ahead and booked with Fantasea and all three of us are glad we did. It was a great dive experience and that is what we were after.

Hi Cindy, thanks for coming out with us and we're glad that our location made it so easy for you to come out. We're sorry about the small issue that you had with your weights, but glad to hear that Kyla was attentive and able to help with what you needed, with the water being significantly more salty here in Bermuda we do have this as a common issue and our guides are normally fully prepared to either add or drop weight both above and below the surface of the water.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We've rented the 10 person party boats at a couple other locations in Bermuda, 1 is out of business this year and all the other boats are a bit run-down.

This was our first rental through Fantasea and it was great. We easily fit 8 adults with loads of coolers of food and beverages. Easy to start, maneuver and get around, loads of beaches and beautiful locations nearby (ely's harbour, mangrove bay or feeding the fish by Daniel's Island over the sunken HMS Vixen.). And - this is important - these boats have a bathroom.

A great day on the water and a great value. I wouldn't go out on a windy, high waves kind of day. Still, check ahead as with this location you might quickly get to the leeward side and it becomes very calm when protected by part of the island.

1  Thank BDAMark
Fantaseabda, Manager at Fantasea Bermuda Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

So glad to hear you had a wonderful day on the water while on one of our rental pontoon boats. We definitely agree that this is a great way to experience the "water-side" of the island at your own pace and leisure. There are so many great spots that can only be accessed by water, which is why we love giving the option of a rental boat to those who want a difference experience while visiting. Hope to see you rent from us again in the future!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Both my mother and I have gone on many cruises and many excursions and we agree that the snuba through Fantasea diving was by far the best experience! Our instructor was Kyla, who is amazing! She taught us tons of tricks that we never learned during the usual snorkel adventures and was very patient & charismatic. It was amazing swimming with the fish and seeing all the beautiful coral. While we traveled with a group of 8, only myself, my mother and my husband booked the snuba adventure; when we told the rest of the group how much fun it was, they were all disappointed that they missed out... Definitely don't pass up this excursion!

1  Thank Portia S

Hi Portia! Thank for coming on our SNUBA excursion while in Bermuda and so glad that you had a positive and fun experience with Kyla. We love her and think she's a great instructor too! Hope to see you and more of your family the next time you are all back on the island!