Marlie and Harry are phenomenal hosts. Kingston House is one of the best bed and breakfasts my husband and I have had the pleasure of staying in. The house is hospitable and welcoming, just like Marlie and Harry. Harry is a veritable fountain of island knowledge, and Marlie more than willing to share her insights on the island.
We had a downstairs bedroom adjoining the "family" room. We made great use of the games and video collection in the evening. There is also a mini fridge, wet bar, and microwave available for guests to use. They also have an endless pool. However, it was a bit chilly for us to use.
Harry was kind enough to take us into town several times. Their retreat is a bit out of town, at least a 15-20 min. walk (no sidewalks). We used the bus and ferry systems with no problems. It was most enjoyable to see the sites this way. We took different bus routes going to and from St. Georges. We also found it easy (when tired on way home) to take a cab from the Hamilton Princess ($5.00 US). It would cost about $7.00 from the bus terminal downtown.
In regards to cost, Bermuda is a bit expensive. However, we have learned in our travels to have breakfast in, and lunch a bit later (cheaper than dinner), and then bring back a sandwhich or salad. At Kingston House, you have a lovely dining area to utilze and most of the amenities of home.
We had a very enjoyable stay and would not hesitate to stay at Kingston House again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston House B&B is conveniently located walking distance to Hamilton and all it's amenities. It has plenty of architectural character and charm as well as the modern conveniences travellers expect in a top hotel. Friendly hosts help you make the most of your time in Bermuda. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kingston House Hotel Hamilton
- Kingston House Bed And Breakfast
- Kingston House B&B Bermuda/Hamilton