While I may only be repeating what others have written, we were so pleased with our stay that I feel compelled to add another great review. We stayed in the Palmetto Suite for 4 nights. After a long and frustrating flight, a short 30 min. cab ride (about $30) from the airport brought us to the Kingston House. Harry warmly met us and even took us on a short 10 cent tour of the town (in his new electric car!) to get our bearings and show us where the grocery store is etc.
Our room was clean, bright and spacious. Complete with a terry robes, a large furnished balcony and lots of closet space.
While not a "hot" breakfast, breakfast is more than adequate with yogurt, homemade granola, fresh fruit, fresh baked scones and bread etc. Very good.
They really have made an effort to provide anything that you could possibly need. Such as small kitchenette area where each room has a shelf in the fridge, dishes, cultery, wine opener, coffee/tea, filtered water, umbrellas, beach mats, towels etc. These extras are really appreciated.
The walk into town is only about 5-10 min. I wouldn't say it is "dangerous" but there is no sidewalk. Just be alert. Most of the other guests were pleased with the bus system and ferries. My husband and I rented scooters for 3 days from Smatts. It was one of the highlights of our trip and we enjoyed the freedom it gave us. We covered the whole island in the time we were there. And found the locals to be very patient with us on the road.
One rainy evening a cab failed to show up to take us to dinner, and so Marlie insisted on driving us into town herself. Very nice!
This B&B is fantastic value in Bermuda. The proximity to town was very convenient. My only question is when can we come back?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston House B&B is conveniently located walking distance to Hamilton and all it's amenities. It has plenty of architectural character and charm as well as the modern conveniences travellers expect in a top hotel. Friendly hosts help you make the most of your time in Bermuda. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kingston House Bed And Breakfast
- Kingston House Hotel Hamilton
- Kingston House B&B Bermuda/Hamilton