“Great food, service and view”
Review of Blu Bar & Grill

Blu Bar & Grill
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Went here for dinner with work colleagues a couple of days' ago. I arrived a bit earlier than the others, and was courteously asked whether I would like to wait at the booked table or the bar. Good. When the rest of the group arrived, we were seated near the front (i.e. near the magnificent view) which was also fine. Service by the European (Italian?) waitress was attentive and swift, the food and drinks that we ordered arrived promptly. The food was tasty (I had calamari, followed by beef short ribs, followed by a mousse) as expected for a restaurant of this calibre, nothing to complain about at all. Just not the best meal I've even had in my life. And for the price, there are better options available in Bermuda. So, even though there was nothing negative about the service or location, only a 4 score for this as the value wasn't that good.

1  Thank SuaGiLo
There are newer reviews for Blu Bar & Grill

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have been frequent visitors to Bermuda over past few years and had heard how terrific this restaurant was. FINALLY got there this past trip...it was delish!

Gorgeous setting...do make your reservation for sunset or just go early to watch the sunset from the bar area.

Wait staff were excellent...menu was varied & very creative. I will put this on my regular Bermuda restaurant list!

And don't wait as long as we did to go -- you'll love it.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Went here for dinner with friends on our recent visit to Bermuda. Had a wonderful table next to the window, lovely views over sea and Bermuda. Menu was wonderful, great choices, fantastic service. Steak was best I've ever had. Would recommend this - a must for anyone visiting Bermuda.

1  Thank WayneIan
Reviewed 4 September 2013

BLU Bar and Grill reminds me a tad a bit of the fashion restaurant in Bermuda. A dash of LV , mixed with Dior , splashed with Hermes and mixed with Victoria Beckham...served with a dash of Marc Jacobs , drizzled over vintage Galliano...
This restaurant has always delivered in all the senses for the eye and taste buds. Ian Fletcher the barman of the house always remember the last drink you had - not to mention how you like to drink it and how quickly to make the next cocktail. I observed in less that 5 minutes, that Ian remembered 4 other clientele's fav drink and just made it with a smile and lots of gusto .
Andreea , the house manager ( dressed to the T - always in something sexy and eye catching and very Prada -like )' always ensure a personal welcome to the house of sexy dining ! A strict policy is enforced - ensuring you a great fabulous evening !

Recently appointed wine expert ,Roberto-guided us, to try out a great new Italian Pinot Grigio this evening to accompany our starters:Asian delights and my new favorite mac and cheese... Heaven could not be closer to my next Gucci handbag! As we were eating the sun was starting to descent to for the evening ... a gorgeous deep orange and pink glow filled BLU with a fabulous ambiance. The waiters immediately lifted the blinds and for a moment everyone in the restaurant was struck by the incredible view of Bermuda... My Gucci bag was even closer to my heart and the mac and cheese was God's gift to anyone on a diet of salad and fish! I was even more hungry after this momentarily vision of sunset!

Andreaa and Robert both recommended the lamb chops for the evening ( to die for ) and I wished we had the scallops ceviche too... many fellow diners had this incredible display of cevichy for starters or main... In fact I was tempted to order it just to taste it !The lamb chops was perfect.... just as perfect as my Tom Ford suit on an evening out !
Tasty , sexy and oozing withjuices and eating the meat off the bone with your fingers( yes we did eat it like that ... who cares ? It was too good to let go with out nibbling the juicy meat of the bone !!!!!)
Dessert is always chocolate for my husband but for once I tried something different other that my favorite- strawberry souffle - I had the new hazelnut creme brulee...very very interesting ... actually I must have it again next time !

We ended our great sexy dinner with a glass of champers and more after dinner drinks ... so divine ..so good - like when you buy that first Chanel bag ....

My favourite restaurant is just so tojour and I believe there are quite a few new changes happening in the future ... Must get a new outfit for that exciting experience !

1  Thank Vernon G
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We spent two night at this restaurant and we had very good time. The first time it was for my birthday and it was wonderful. The sunset from our outdoor table was incredible and our food was excellent as well. We had a great Tuna and a Grouper, well cooked with light sauces and a good risotto as a side. The staff has been very kind and professional, they brought a candle for my birthday with the delicious dessert. We appreciated so much this restaurant that we decided to spend the last night in Bermuda here again. My suggestion is to ask for a table outside and you’ll be enchanted by the view and the sunset. By the way, try to be sure to be on time for it!