“My favorite”
Review of Astwood Cove Beach

Astwood Cove Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: A remote beach that's rarely crowded, great for people who don't want to fight for a spot to lay their towel.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hard to get too. You need to hick down the side of a hill (mountain) but soooo worth it. We were all alone. The rock formations were pretty to look at. Blue water and soft sand. Make time for this beach!

2  Thank Michelle D

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have visited Astwood twice, in 10/13 and a year earlier in 10/12. First, it seems important to differentiate Astwood Cove Beach and Astwood Park as is done here on TripAdvisor. To my knowledge, they are essentially one and the same? Or put differently you can see the cove from the park above, and get there if you dare to negotiate the hazardous steps that remain. I am returning very shortly and I believe that there must be another way to get down to the water? I believe that there is...I plan to check and can post an update relatively soon.

The park is lovely and is used by couples / families for picnics, wedding photographs, birthday parties, etc. It is more populated on weekends - during weekdays and off-season or later in the season (like October) it is almost empty and a stunning spot to take in if you are in the area. Many friendly cats around, tropical bird sightings, etc....there are picnic tables, rest rooms. No place to buy food nor anything else for that matter - hence the beauty of this pretty much secluded cove. There is shade...you can take a bus as there is a stop nearby, or if on scooter just drive in and park. Plenty of safe parking.

The beach itself (as noted above) is almost impossible to get to 'from the park' above - to my knowledge? (I hope my photos show this to you). In order to get down to the water from the park you will need to climb down a very badly damaged cliff top rail - or maybe a better way to put it is heavily eroded stairs (again, see the pictures).Over the years, and even now, the storms and waves have and do batter this incredible little area. Many boulders on the beach, though if you get down, it sure is secluded and beautiful. Swimming? Has always looked rather rough to me? No lifeguard on duty so it would seem wise to be very cautious - does not impress me as a place for children to swim. Snorkeling is reported as good - I have not tried it here.

Thus, my recommendation is that this is not a necessary stop if your time is limited - like on a cruise ship. That said, if on scooter and traveling down South Shore Road - pull in and check it out! Serene, secluded, private and beautiful. Most definitely bring a camera! If in Bermuda for longer, then you may well want to consider it if seclusion and privacy are what you seek...to reiterate, it is stunningly beautiful with very minimal traffic. Enjoy!

2  Thank Raymond C
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Nice park w/ a small beach. Beautiful views to the South. Cliffs overlook the ocean w/ paths to see for miles. One of our favorite spots in Bermuda.

1  Thank Lance2424
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We went here 2 different days it was that beautiful! No one was there.... Bus stop near by. Love this place!

1  Thank Ann E
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We visited this little cove twice as it was near our apartment. We were the only ones there on both occcasions. It is a steep scramble down (and back up!) but stunningly beautiful.

2  Thank alicatDorset