“Worth every penny, beautiful ride to remember.”

Spicelands Riding Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Spicelands is the home of Bermuda's Premiere Trail Rides. We have been sharing our beautiful horses and spectacular Island with our guests for more that 40years. Come ride with us & learn about the history of the railway trail, the fauna & flora and lots of other little tid bits! We offer a selection of rides so an absolute novice or an experienced rider can enjoy the experience. Special Rides for proposals, weddings or celebrations can be arranged. Book securely on line or email us for more information.
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth every penny, beautiful ride to remember.”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We planned everything online. Got there (this was our second time) and we asked for gentle horses. (We got TJ and Gypsy - they were sweet.) Ours last time were good, but we're very inexperienced, so we wanted to be sure that it was a safe and serene ride and it was. Johnny Fine was our guide. He was wonderful. He told us helpful things about the horses and made us feel comfortable with handling them since we just don't know the basics. It made for a calm ride with plenty of opportunity to take in the breathtakingly beautiful scenery. We got our photos taken and had a totally memorable experience AGAIN. :) Thank you Johnny. We will be back again. Fellow travelers - tip your guide. Ask for Johnny - he was even more helpful and thoughtful than our guide on the first trip and we were so satisfied with that one - that was why we had returned. Just another great experience of many in our interactions with everyone in Bermuda. We loved our trip and the kindness we were shown by so many.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank JenJR

Toronto
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“One of the highlights”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Well looked-after horses; wonderful guide; extremely reasonable. This was a wonderful introduction to the island for us! The guides went out of their way to make our 8 year old comfortable (her first time outside on a horse).

Visited March 2012
3 Thank CordeliaToronto
Chesterfield, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Highlight of our Visit”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My wife wanted to ride on the beach and we were able to do just that (during the off-season)
My wife and I were the only ones on the tour and so it was very personalized and was really an outstanding adventure. We learned about the plants and other wildlife in the area. It was neat to be able to see places inaccessible from the road. This was a very interesting and enjoyable ride and I would highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys riding.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank BigBlock17
NewJersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We took a riding tour with Spicelands on July 7,2011. We were visiting on the Celebrity Summit and my daughters each chose one activity that they really wanted to do (other than the beach, of course). My 14yr wanted to go horseback riding on the beach. Well, you can't ride on the beach in Bermuda but, we saw so many beautiful sights that even she was thrilled. Katherine was our guide and she was very patient and helpful to us first time riders. She gave us information about the lovely flowers we saw on our trail and the history of the railroad. Our group was small, just the three of us and Katherine. The horses seem well cared for. I had my camera in a little bag across my shoulder and since the horse was so gentle, I was able to take pictures of the gorgeous landscape when we stopped for a minute. I even tried to take photos of my older daughter who was last in our line. I got a few of her but most of her sister who was in between. I'm so glad we took this ride instead of some of the usual tourist attractions. It was such a relaxing way to see the beautiful sights on this island.

Visited July 2011
12 Thank cerj2
east coast
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“pleasant, but challenging”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

just returned from a trip to bermuda, and spicelands was one of our stops. lovely place, lovely guides. beautiful scenery along the trails. however, i feel the trails were a bit too challenging for someone who has never been on a horse before. quite a few challenging hills going down. i had a hard time enjoying the magnificent views and the wonderful stories and info from the tourguide, because i was nervous...

Visited June 2011