A month after our visit, we still can't stop raving about the Newstead. The property is beautiful and immaculate. Our 1BR suite was huge, with plenty of room for our three-year-old to have his own space (and bathroom) and us to have access to a bathroom and balcony without disturbing him. An ample kitchen let us cook to save some money and hassle, though we did have some amazing meals at Beau Rivage. We did use the beach shuttle and enjoyed the facilities at Coco Reefs as well.
On the weekdays we were there, we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Since many guests are there for business, you don't see them between 8 and 5. One unfortunate part of the business clientele is that the ferry caters to their hours, so if you want to go grab lunch in Hamilton, for instance, you're stuck taking a taxi.
Staff was incredibly friendly, with the one exception being our shuttle driver who, annoyed at our slowness, grabbed our very shy son and put him in the taxi, unapologetically inducing 30 minutes of sobbing. I'm not sure these guys are employed by the Newstead, so I'm not necessarily holding this against the resort.
The housekeeping and maintenance staff were amazingly friendly and funny. We got to know them well after having a few significant issues with our room (a tub that didn't fill and a safe that broke with our stuff inside). With their great attitude and more than gracious compensation from the manager, the issues were no big deal.
So yes, there were some minor negative points, but the Newstead - and Bermuda in general - is such a special place that we will definitely be back, and not soon enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in one of the world's most exclusive locales, the Newstead Belmont Hills is a rare find. With just 60 waterfront suites the Newstead Belmont Hills lavishes you with Bermuda's most coveted commodity: Elbow room. Meanwhile, our highly personal service reminds you that you've truly found your island home. Amenities include an 18-hole golf course, spa, two restaurants, hair salon, business centre, concierge, water shuttle, infinity pool, whirlpool, tennis courts, full kitchen in each suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newstead Belmont Hills Paget
- Hotel Newstead Belmont Hills
- Newstead Belmont Hills Hotel Bermuda/Paget Parish