We stayed at the Coco Reef Resort for the first ten days of October. We would stay there again. If you are looking for a resort like the advertisements on tv for Sandals, or if you want to drink and party a lot and be a gregarious beautiful person, this is not the resort for you. It is a good three star. The cliental for the most part were middle age and older, with a couple of honeymoon couples thrown in. The room was adequate size and clean, the staff, except for one brain dead female (white) clerk on the desk (days), were friendly and competent. The dining room was upscale with the prices to match, and the limited menu got tiring by the end of the week. The grounds were very attractive with lots of flowering shrubs. There were adequate number of beach and pool lounges so there wasn't a problem of people saving them. The weather was quite warm and somewhat humid.
Other things, it is a five minute walk through the adjoining college grounds to a main road. From that point there is a very good family type restaurant with reasonable prices four minutes to the left, and a medium sized well stocked super market to the right. There are no other restaurants nor stores within easy walking distance. The bus stops are where you come out to the main road. There is a major hotel about a five minute walk along the beach (watch out at high tide or high winds). We visited it three times but only ate there once. It is busier, noisier, and has a disco.
The Coco Reef beach has been washed away by the recent winds, not a problem since the loungers are elevated, but no good for wading if you have children. One major guide book states that the resort is in need of renovation, which sounds like broken tile, ragged drapes, water stains, worn carpets, musty smell, etc. Not so. Although the décor is out of the 70s/80s, everything was spotlessly clean and in good working order. The guide book also said the Coco Reef was overpriced for what you got. That is true, but so is just about everything else in Bermuda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene Beachfront Hotel located on Bermuda's magnificent South Shore, just steps from the beautiful pink sand beach and only 10 minutes from Hamilton.Coco Reef "Bermuda's Best Beach Resort". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Coco Reef Resort Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Reef Resort Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Coco Reef Hotel Bermuda
- Coco Reef Paget
- Coco Reef Bermuda
- Coco Reef Resort Bermuda Paget Parish