1,042 results
All reviews coco reef resort the bus ocean front elbow beach day pass beautiful beach grocery store wicker furniture golf cart quiet hotel oceanfront room mini fridge bit dated beach towels beach location chairs and umbrellas general manager
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely accommodation above the beach with sights and sounds of the ocean throughout the night is so dreamy! Staff helpful and convenience of restaurant if desired. Grounds well maintained. Hotel lobby almost giving retro vibes, but very interesting and unusual art work. Would happily return and recommend Coco Reef.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mariah H
hotel19912016, Public Relations Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

And we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this place by accident, cancelled within 2 hours and they still haven’t refunded me!!! What kind of resort would be ok with doing this! The online company has been trying to reach them and they haven’t responded! I plan to sue!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank GlobeTrotting794454
hotel19912016, Public Relations Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hi Andrea, this is the first time we are hearing of this. Please email reservations@cocoreef.bm for assistance. Perhaps you booked within the non-cancellation period but this can be sorted. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Hello, I just wanted to say that my friends and I had an excellent time at Coco Reef. Right from booking the hotel to answering all our concerns, Nicole went above and beyond her call of duty to make our stay enjoyable. Even when there was a small glitch regarding transportation back and forth from our destination, she came back from her weekend off to resolve the issue for us. Nicole was simply outstanding!!My friends and I will definitely stay there again. The rooms were clean and house keeping did a good job. The best part was that the beach is only a few steps away from our rooms .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Preetha C
hotel19912016, Public Relations Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Nicole is definitely a gem in our crown!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

My husband and I went for 4 nights. I was happy we booked the deluxe room because there was only one set of steps down to the beach. The other rooms on the hill had another steep set of stairs. There are some steep walkways but they can come get you in a golf cart if you need assistance.

The beach is breathtaking. The sand is like powder and does not get hot. The water is crystal clear. Some rocks but very easy to avoid. Saw some angel fish and bigger fish right off shore but they were gentle. There are waves but they make it a bit more fun.

There were people with day passes from cruises on the beach but it wasn’t overwhelming crowded. We arrived our first day around 2pm and could not find a chair. The next day, we went to the beach early and held our chairs so we had an umbrella to protect against the hot sun.

The pathways lined with flowers overlooking the ocean had stunning views. There is a resident cat named Coco and roosters that walk the grounds. It was quirky but in a lovely way. We rented a twizy and there is plenty of free parking. It was very hot and humid when we visited so I’m glad we rented it.

There is a bus stop at the end of the street. They will drive you in a golf cart to the bus stop or small store at the end of the street. We found the choices at the store limited and prices high. We took our twizy to Lido’s on Middle Road (you’d need a taxi to get there) and found the selections and prices much better.

The hotel is very quiet and not much going on. I would have liked a little bit more action and amenities but we were only there for 4 nights and the trade off was being right on the beach. If we had brought our 15 yr old son with us, we would have selected another hotel with more space, action and amenities.

The wicker in the room did not bother us at all. The TV had excellent movie channels and there is plenty of drawer space. The bathroom is totally fine. The bed is comfortable and I loved the pillows. I think the room would be tight for more than 2 people. I saw staff rolling cots around but I couldn’t see it fitting in our room.

There were a few things we’d change but nothing that was a deal breaker. The hallways need pressure washing. I did not like the picture of a lady with giant eyes that seemed to be staring at me in bed. There was no screen door on the slider so we couldn’t leave the door open to hear the waves. The plastic porch furniture, outer door and mini fridge needs replacing. Our number one complaint was there was no coffee pot in the room. It was advertised that there was a coffee pot so I brought my coffee and filters with me. We got there and there was no coffee pot. I asked at the front desk and was told there was a shortage. They said they would get it the next day. The next day, no coffee pot so I went to the front desk again and they told me it would be in my room that afternoon. Nope, never happened.

We had the breakfast included in our room rate so I walked up the steep path to the restaurant each morning to get coffee to go. The staff was confused about the policy on giving out to go coffee when you have the breakfast included in the room rate. One lady said she charged a man for coffee to go but found out she shouldn’t have. I did manage to get two cups of coffee to go but it was too strong for my taste which is why I prefer our own coffee.

The breakfast okay. I thought the decor of the dining room was a bit stuffy for breakfast. The wait staff were very friendly. You order eggs, pancakes or french toast off the menu. You help yourself to toast, fruit, cereal, baked goods and juice at the buffet.

Our last evening, our neighbors pulled out their lawn chairs and we all watched as a rainbow appeared over the ocean. It was a great way to end our stay.

Room Tip: Deluxe Beach Front Rooms are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Southport-TRIP
hotel19912016, Public Relations Manager at Coco Reef Resort Bermuda, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for such a thorough review. We have noted your concerns; some of which are actively being addressed.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

The hotel is charming. Friendly, welcoming staff work hard to make sure that guests' needs are met.
The Coco Reef is in a superb location; right on the beach and handy for public transport and a local supermarket.
The hotel is in need of some investment if it is to compare with international hotel standards - it gets things nearly right. It would be great to have a 'light bite' / snack menu available; the Tamara and Coco Reef Cafes provide similar quality and quantity meals.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Andeange

Your feedback is important...thank you.