“Just as pictured on your Website and Facebook!!”
Review of Grape Bay Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paget Parish
Grape Bay Cottages
Urbana, Maryland
“Just as pictured on your Website and Facebook!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Hello Maria and Doug!
You guys have kept up a great cottage with a gorgeous location. For me, I have never been to Bermuda and 3 days in I am ready to return to Bermuda! Awaking daily to the sounds of the ocean in Grape Bay, are indescribable!! This was the perfect hideaway from the hustle and bustle of "city life." I am thrilled that I picked this spot nestled among the well manicured lawns and shrubbery. The small wren birds absolutely harmless have made a home when we enjoy the front porch dining awaiting our scraps! Wonderful!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank ShawnB185

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
LaSalle, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Just returned from a wonderful stay at Beach Crest Grape Bay Cottage a couple weeks ago. This place is true paradise, exceptional beach, cozy cottage with all the amenities, nice patio, and no flies or mosquitoes! The water was warm and it was so nice to hear the ocean all day long. Our hosts Maria and Doug treated us like family and were very helpful and knowledgable. Maria makes the best rum cake ever! Calvelette and her Dad from C&C cab were terrific and informative. I feel like I've made some new friends in Bermuda and will definately be back! Thank you for an amazing trip with my sisters.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jan K
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We loved being at Grape Bay cottages. Maria and Doug provided for a very nice family experience with a beautiful cottage, taxi arrangements upon our arrival with a stop at the grocery, and ongoing support the entire duration of our trip! We were able to cook in the well equipped kitchen, the cottage had everything we needed for work and entertainment, the beach site is stunning, and hikes along the railroad trail were great. We only wished the weather was a little better, but it was late March, so we didn't set the bar too high for that. I would indeed go back for this private, yet well located, retreat. Thank you Maria and Doug! It was truly nice!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Orange, VA
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Accompanied by our adult daughter, my husband and I visited "Beach Home" for several days in March. The view is spectacular, the house is great and hosts Maria and Doug are wonderful. Maria is extremely gracious and was very helpful in making arrangements, such as our cab ride from the airport with 'Cal' from C&C Cab. Cal gave us great suggestions about what to see during our visit. Cal's dad, Calvin also drives for C&C and took us back to the airport. He is extremely funny and has wonderful stories to tell. :-)

Modern Mart grocery store is a pleasant 15 minute walk. We decided not to rent scooters (too scary for us!), but did use both the ferry and the bus, which have convenient schedules to get you most places. We walked a LOT and spent a good deal of time on the old railway trail, which is very interesting. Sleep with the windows open at night - the sound of the ocean is AMAZING!

If you're looking for privacy combined with proximity, this is it...and the heavenly view is the icing on the cake. We will definitely be back! Thank you, Maria and Doug!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wonderment99
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 16 November 2012

View cannot be matched, the beach (despite seaweed) was lovely, the cottage was homey and had everything we needed. Store was easy walking distance, and C+C Cab Services made getting anywhere else a breeze. Maria went out of her way to make sure our stay was the best it could be.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jsc57
Shawville, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I decided to finally visit Bermuda on my 40th bday...after a lifetime of travel. That was 3 years ago, and since then, I've been back 4 times. I've stayed at the Reefs and both of the Fairmonts but this visit was my favourite by far!! The cottage at Beach Crest was perfect for my family of 6. Maria and Doug were amazing hosts. They met us upon our arrival, picked up our groceries, checked in regularly, and even drove my mother-in-law to search for her lost bifocals. Their preferred drivers, Calvelette and Calvin, were equally welcoming and warm. Calvelette's husband even cooked us supper on the first night and it was the most delicious roast beef ever! The rum swizzle that Calvin supplied was equally appreciated. Do yourself a big favour and stay at one of Maria and Doug's cottages...you won't regret it!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristine T
Scarborough, NY
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I've often said that when I die please forget heaven, just let me spend eternity at Grape Bay. We just returned from two weeks sitting on our porch at Beach Home, our third visit. Each visit I marvel that it could be true. So private, so near the beautiful beach, our own little Eden. Maria and Doug are the most gracious, helpful, generous hosts and, may I say, friends, anyone could imagine. The cottage is very well equipped, spacious, charmingly decorated, cosy and virtually on the beach. We have stayed in both cottages and each have their own charm. After 30 years of visiting Bermuda we have seen most of this fabulous island and now we enjoy settling in at Grape Bay and visiting just a few of our old favorite places. My most treasured hope is that we will be able to return to Grape Bay year after year. Thank you Doug and Maria!

Room Tip: Both cottages are wonderful!