All reviewsjean mariewonderful hostslocation was perfectbus stopcomplimentary tourcommon lounge areahibiscus suitehorseshoe bayhome away from homevisit bermudasnorkeling gearsouth shore beachesthree nightseasy accesswonderful staybeach chairsbeautiful island
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I am a Bermudian living overseas. Went to see family and friends and selected this accommodation. I was not disappointed. Jean-Marie and Russell Wade ( the owners) due to an emergency, were not present when we arrived, but made sure we were taken care off by the housekeeper, Mrs. Wolfe. Jean-Marie arranged our transport to and from the airport. For the price of staying in Bermuda I was happy that I did not have to pay over $150 a nite. My room(s) were the size of a 1 B/R apartment. The surroundings and garden settings made it feel warm and cozy. Beautifully cleaned and quiet. If you have problems walking on the narrow roads, Mrs. Wade is of great help. If you don't mind a short walk there are bus-stops. My suggestion is to ask Mrs. Wade about getting you some a book of tickets (depending on your length of stay) We were able to get around the island on bus, to the beach, Dockyard, St. George and the city where we spent enjoying Harbor Nights, meeting Bermudians and seeing the Gombey dancers. Overall, I had a wonderful time and when I return I will always stay with the Wades'

Room Tip: Hibiscus larger Suite for 2 Adults and a child. Pineapple suite (2 guest) overlooks a beautiful garden. Shared lounge
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2016

My boyfriend and I attended a wedding in Bermuda, and we did not want to spend all of our money on a place to stay. When we found the Wade's Garden Inn, we were so happy to find a nearby place to stay that would not break the bank. The Pineapple Suite was perfect for cooking small meals and comfortably lounging around. Jean-Marie and Russell unfortunately were not there during our stay, but made us feel at home nonetheless with small gifts, setting up a complimentary tour of the area, and arranging for us to go grocery shopping. We had an amazing trip!

Disclaimer: Do not order pedal bikes to navigate around the island as it is very hilly and the roads have terrible visibility.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliana216
Reviewed 27 June 2016

My husband and I flew in from Oregon and stayed with our son and his fiancee (visiting from Hong Kong) for three nights at Wade's Garden Inn in early June. From the moment Russel Wade picked us up at the airport in his taxi and gave us a guided tour of the island en route to the inn, I knew we were in good hands. When we arrived at the inn and met his wife, Jean-Marie, we were warmly welcomed and pleased to find charming accommodations that included a lovely bedroom, bath, kitchenette, and shared "lounge" with a similar unit that our son and fiancee stayed in. There was a private porch with a table and chairs and barbeque for al fresco dining, and a lovely view of the yard and gardens with the Fairmont Southampton in the background. The units were spotless and well-supplied with linens, dishes, beach towels and chairs, and cooking basics, and Jean-Marie and Russell included a welcome gift of homemade jam, ginger beer and Bermuda rum! Both our hosts were very helpful with tips for local restaurants, riding the bus, taking a shuttle to Horseshoe Beach, and hiking the Railroad Trail to the Lighthouse and Dockyard. We really felt relaxed and comfortable at their inn, and were reluctant to leave it for other accommodations, especially since we were attending a family wedding at the Fairmont Southampton a few days later. But the inn was booked by others so we had to leave. My advice is to book this place early so you can stay as long as you like! It has a wonderful location and is a gem.

Room Tip: There are only two units at this inn, and both are quite charming.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginny D
Reviewed 25 June 2016

A perfect inn located in Bermuda with a cozy room, with a kitchen, bathroom, a bright, breezy and lovely deck outback out back with grill very nice, friendly and helpful staff who were very welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Dillon X
Reviewed 30 May 2016

My husband and I and our two sons (both in their early twenties) stayed at Wade's Garden Inn after our original plans fell through -- and I'm so glad they did. Jean-Marie and Russell were wonderful hosts -- it was as if we were staying with friends! Part of our stay coincided with Bermuda Day (May 24th) and Jean-Marie and Russell invited us -- along with their family and friends -- to a traditional (and delicious) Bermudian breakfast, all while watching the Bermuda Day half marathon that goes right by the inn. The inn itself was perfect for the four of us; it had two spacious bedrooms, two kitchens, two bathrooms, a bright and breezy shared common room and a lovely deck out back with a table and chairs and grill, as well as a small porch area out front. Both bedrooms and the common room have flat screen TVs and there is a laptop with free Wi-Fi in the common room. The grounds and units are immaculately kept and the location is private and convenient – just a short walk from the Southampton Fairmont, Gibbs Lighthouse, and shuttle service to Horseshoe Bay, as well as several restaurants. We also spent a night at the Fairmont before our rooms at the inn were available and we found Wade's Garden Inn to be much cozier and more affordable. Russell picked us up at the airport and gave us a tour of the area; he and Jean-Marie were both very helpful and guided us with recommendations for restaurants, moped rentals, and activities. I can't say enough about our stay at Wade’s Garden Inn. We will highly recommend it to all our friends!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family