My granddaughter and I spent 3 glorious days and nights at the Fairmont Southampton at the end of April, just before the beginning of the summer season.
Yes, the hotel is pricey but they really do give you value for your money. Being President Club members, we upgraded to the Gold floor where we had breakfast each morning and could have had afternoon tea and cocktails and snacks in the evenings. Our room was large, spacious and the balcony had a beautiful view overlooking the property towards the harbour.
We dined in several of the restaurants and food quality and service were of a high standard in all. The hotel beach is beautiful and there is easy access to Horseshoe Bay Beach, the famous pink beach( which is not pink at this time of year !)
Transportation around the property is by shuttles which come very frequently. We never had to wait more that a couple of minutes.
The staff are incredibly courteous and efficient. Their friendliness never feels artificial as it does in some hotels.
After our wonderful escape from the Northeastern seaboard's harsh winter, I strongly recommend a few days at the Fairmont Southampton and hope to return again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda is a luxury resort perched on Bermuda's stunning south shore with miles of pink sand beaches. Conveniently located in the mid-Atlantic, less than a two-hour flight from most east coast gateways, this hotel is perfect for getaways year-round. Sitting on nearly 100 gorgeous acres dotted with lush bougainvillea and towering coconut palms, The Fairmont Southampton is Bermuda's largest full-service luxury beach resort boasting 593 rooms and 6 floors with amazing views of ocean and sound. Unparalleled amenities are offered throughout the property. Spend your days relaxing at the resort pool, or pull up a chaise lounge at the sprawling private oceanfront beach club with Dive Centre, 11 tennis courts, jet ski rentals, and more. Unwind in the luxurious Willow Stream Spa with indoor spa pool & fitness facility, or tee off at the Turtle Hill Golf Club, an award-winning 18-hole par-three championship golf course. The Fairmont Southampton has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with an impressive range of restaurant options. Family-friendly, the hotel offers a kids camp for day & evening. Free round-trip ferry service is available to the Fairmont Hamilton Princess, located in the island's downtown district. Guest rooms feature AC, 42" flat screen TV with multimedia panel, spacious work desk, 2 telephones with voicemail, dataport, Keurig coffeemaker, tea kettle, mini bar, large walk-in closet, iron & ironing board, personal digital safe, private bathroom, hairdryer & bathrobes, and WiFi Internet access is available (fee). The Fairmont Southampton is a AAA Four-Diamond award-winning resort. The Turtle Hill Golf Club was named one of the top 5 par-3 courses in the world by Golf Magazine. The Willow Stream Spa won the 2012 Conde Nast Readers Choice Award for best hotel spa in the Caribbean. In 2012, Conde Nast called The Fairmont Southampton one of the top hotels in the Atlantic & one of the best golf hotels in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Southampton Hotel Southampton
- Fairmont Southampton Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Southampton Princess Bermuda
- Southampton Fairmont