“Enjoyed the Fairmont Southampton”

Fairmont Southampton
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I spent three nights at the Fairmont Southampton for a conference in early May and enjoyed my time there. Pluses: the staff is really outstanding, friendly and helpful; the private beach is not large but is a short shuttle ride from the hotel and is well staffed and set up for comfort; the food overall is excellent at the various restaurants and at the bar; and the location is great, elevated above the surrounding area with views in either direction. Negatives: none of significance--the common areas of the hotel are beautiful but the room decoration is nothing special, comfortable, though, and who wants to stay in your room in Bermuda anyway? The balcony more than made up for the room.

I especially liked the Ocean Club restaurant at the beach. As good as the view there was, the food was even better and the service outstanding. Try their version of a mojito.

Should I return to Bermuda, I know where I'll be staying. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Southampton

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was just here and I must warm people to keep away.

From the start, the line to check in was as long an airport check in. After 20 minutes they finally gave us our room key, rudely. The room was nice (mini suite) however outdated and smelled. It was definitely not worth the price.

The beach was beautiful, but there were no freebies. You would think that after paying $500+ a night there would be something, but no. And there was at least $80 in extra charges for the management!? I asked for a mini fridge and was emailed that it would be waiting for us, of course it was not. They then charged us $25 for using the mini fridge that was already there!

Room service rudely awoke us at 8,9 and 10 am. They're always trying to restock the minibar and check what you took.

Overall, I would not suggest this place...

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank dan c
Carlita L, Marketing & Communications Manager at Fairmont Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear dan c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions on TripAdvisor. I’d like to apologize that you did not have an enjoyable experience. Most of our guests do fly in at the same time, and while our front desk team does try to provide a quick and friendly check-in experience, I am disappointed to hear that was not the case. I am sending on this feedback to their team to review.

I am glad to hear you thought the beach was beautiful. The mini-fridge charge is for the team to unstock the mini-bar of the product and then restock it upon your departure, I am sorry this was not explained to you prior to you seeing the charge. I am not sure if you used the Do Not Disturb tags on your door handle, but I certainly apologise that you felt the housekeeping team continued to disrupt you in the mornings.

Thank you again for your review, I am sorry to hear your stay was such a disappointment, hopefully you will give the destination another shot.

Carlita Lodge
Marketing & Communications Manager
The Fairmont Southampton

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Fantastic hotel with superb service and all done with a smile. Our room was on the fifth floor overlooking the harbor and the views were wonderful. We loved sitting on the balcony and watching the sunset. The room was large and the beds and bedding great. My only negative is that there is only one small drawer for clothing. A big closet made up for it. We loved the Ocean Club for dinner and enjoyed Jasmine for a late night mini meal one night. I would never consider staying anywhere else after our time there. Thank you to all the staff from a couple who really needed a stress free vacation!

Room Tip: We saw the ocean view and it is nice but the harbor view, in our opinion, is preferred.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is my third visit to the Fairmont Southampton. My wife and I started coming here every year about three years ago, and after figuring out that May or Sep are the best times to come if you want to avoid the crowds and children, it just keeps getting better and better.

We stayed four nights on the gold level at the hotel. Staying on this level is definitely worth the extra money, much more personalized service, fabulous lounge and super rooms with incredible views.

The room as always was perfect, this time we had a corner room which had a wrap around balcony with double windows and it was awesome. One side of the balcony had a chase lounge to nap in, perfect ! As always, the room is clean, very comfortable and roomy. The twice daily housekeeping was awesome.

The lounge is perfect for breakfast and for late night deserts, both of which are free and wonderful. Rolly in the lounge is awesome, always remembers us and makes us feel at home. The entire staff in the gold lounge is simply the best.

The hotel is very close to horseshoe beach is a must see in Bermuda. We normally rent a scooter on site for our visits and its the best and cheapest way to get around. There is plenty of service at the beach, the hotel provides towels and there are plenty of shops at the beach to pick up things you might have forgotten.

Overall another great stay and I have to say it gets better every time I come. If you want to avoid the crowds and kids that start coming in around Jun-Aug, May or Sept or even Nov are excellent times for nice quiet and fun getaway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Went here because my gf needs to be GF and Fairmont is great with that. Wasn't really worth the price though otherwise. Decor is dated and the front desk was unfriendly. Concierge could be way more helpful. Shuttle buses were great, but mostly $40 taxis are still needed often. Great place for older people probably.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Benjamin L

Dear Benjamin L,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad your girlfriend was able to have an enjoyable stay where she did not have to worry about her food intolerances. Our chefs take allergies & intolerances very seriously and are passionate about providing delicious gluten free options. I am sorry to hear that you found the decor to be dated, we are currently undergoing rooms renovations which hopefully will address that issue. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your front desk & concierge experiences. I’m glad you found the trolleys to be a convenient way to get around the property, an alternative to taxis is the Bermuda public bus system which is inexpensive and reliable.

Thanks again for the feedback and hopefully we will welcome you again to Bermuda soon.

Best,

Carlita Lodge
Marketing & Communications Manager
The Fairmont Southampton

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Wow Just got back from my trip to Bermuda, stayed at Fairmont Southampton Princess. This hotel is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed the gorgeous beach and ocean, the many restaurants, and the staff-everyone friendly, accodating and hardworking. This hotel is wonderful for people of all ages and First class in everyway, That is why we loved it!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great hotel! The rooms are spacious and well equipped. And the view is spectacular. But service is the business of the Fairmont. Everyone I encountered from housekeeping to restaurant staff and reservations, everyone responded as if they were so glad I was there. Very gracious and welcoming. If you join the Fairmont Club, wi-fi is free in your room. A beautiful small beach and a 30 minute ferry ride to Hamilton complete the picture. Lovely, lovely place. And don't miss the card in the bathroom telling you not to drink the toilet water.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view. I didn't use the spa or have breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, a Fairmont Managed Hotel

Been to Fairmont Southampton? Share your experiences!