“Couples golf tournament”

Pompano Beach Club
Boston MA
“Couples golf tournament”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We vacationed for one week at this resort and had a fabulous time. We participated in their Annual March Couples Golf Tournament. Our stay was just wonderful. The room had all the amenities you could ask for. Comfortable king size bed, beautiful, large bathroom, and best of all an unbelievable ocean view! It seemed as if the staff could not do enough for you! As for the golf, we were amazed as to how organized and efficient the staff was in organizing transportation, arranging pairings, getting the day's results posted, and best of all hosting two cocktail parties. It was a great way to meet people, and just plain lots of fun!!
The following is a letter I sent to management. I wish I had included the whole staff in my greeting as they all did a magnificent job.

Tom, Larry and Tim,
We experienced a MOST wonderful seven days at your resort. Your attention to the most minute of our needs was over the top!!! Everyone had a most wonderful sense of humor and graciousness. Compliments to your Chef and his staff. The menu was wonderful, and the food just delicious!
You all never missed a beat, and executed a golf tournament that was both competitive and a ton of fun at the same time. That said, you must all be exhausted.
We look forward to another stay at Pompano, hopefully for the golf tournament next spring.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Green64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Pensacola Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

February 29, 2012 was a very special day for me. It was Leap Day and I actually had a birthday this year...and it was my 60th birthday, a wonderful milestone! My husband surprised me with a trip to Bermuda to celebrate! Our travel agent recommended a large chain hotel but my husband preferred a small, boutique resort with private balconies right on the water. Boy, was THAT the right decision! We had traveled a great deal but had not been to Bermuda before. We were greeted with smiles and "Happy Birthday" from the staff on our arrival. While the owner, Larry Lamb, gave us a tour of the facility, the manager, Adam, took our bags to our room. Adam, it seemed, was always there. He lives on the property and was always the first one we saw at the front desk...with a smile on his face! First of all, there are 3 wonderful restaurants, all serving delicious meals with lots of wonderful choices. Our accommodations included breakfast and dinner. We also had a "dine-around" option which gave us the opportunity to have dinner somewhere else but we didn't take advantage of it. Why should we when Pompano Beach Club was everything we could have imagined? Anything we could possibly want for breakfast and FIVE course meals for dinner which included everything from seafood, steaks, pork, chicken and vegetarian choices, all beautifully prepared and delicious! Lynn, the Assistant Matre'D was so attentive to our every need!

Our room was wonderful! Nice firm king size bed with lots of pillows. SIX towels in the bathroom, which were replaced TWICE daily, once when the room was cleaned in the morning and again during turn-down service while we were at dinner. The same number of hand towels and washclothes...that just NEVER happens! The room was always immaculate!

There were so many special features about this establishment that were unique...umbrellas in the room and the lobby in case it rained, bookcases full of best sellers, three computers for guests to use, a game room with pool table, ping pong table and video games, a large heated pool and three hot tubs, a restaurant off the pool deck that served lunch and drinks (try the Rum Swizzle, the Dark and Stormy and the Yellow Bird!). The resort is located at the bottom of a steep hill. When we wanted to catch a bus to Hamilton or ride the ferry we just asked at the front desk and someone (usually the owner or manager) would drop what they were doing and, with a smile, take us to the top of the pickup stop. When we got back, there was a phone at the gate so we could call the front desk and ask to be picked up. Someone was always there quickly, again with a smile. I'm sure these people had plenty to keep them busy, but they never acted like it was an imposition to take us up the hill or pick us up.

On my actual birthday, staff everywhere greeted me with "Happy Birthday" and surprised me with a birthday cake at dinner that night. Leaving after 4 days was tough. I felt like I was leaving family, including the hugs and kisses!

I won't review Bermuda itself, which was magnificent! There are plenty of websites that will give you an overview of that wonderful island and its people. We live on Pensacola Beach which is heralded as "Paradise"...and it is. Our waters and beaches are spectacular and some of the prettiest beaches in the world. But if possible, Bermuda is even prettier, with its azure blue waters and pink sands. The people were friendly everywhere we went and we felt safe throughout the island. Taking the local bus gave us a peek at how the "real" people live and we didn't see the poverty that covers the Bahama Islands. Sure, there were mansions on the water but even the modest homes, for the most part, were well cared for. Oops, I said I wasn't going to review Bermuda, didn't I? Oh well, you get the picture!

When we visit Bermuda again, and we will, we wouldn't dream of staying anywhere but the Pompano Beach Club. Make the trip...you'll be glad you did! Tell them Jodie sent you!

Room Tip: Send Larry Lamb an email, tell him your preferences and he'll help you decide. The Deluxe rooms...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jodiehowes
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Myself and now fiance stayed at Pompano for 10days April 2011. The setting of the hotel overlooking the beach and beautiful blue sea is like no where else in this world. The staff at the hotel are amazing, so friendly and so helpful. The manager and his team always went out of their way to chat to you which is a pleasant change from some of the modern hotels certainly in Europe (where we are from).

The restaurants and food are fab and even if there was nothing on the menu we particularly fancied it was never too much trouble to modify their dishes.

We stayed in a deluxe room which was huge for just the two of us, like a home away from home which was great for relaxing and kicking back after days touring the island on bus/moped.

I would describe the hotel and its atmosphere as a family feel, very relaxed and chilled out.

My only reason for 4stars instead of 5 is that I believe the resort could do with updating. The rooms and decor feel very out dated. If a complete refresh were to happen then this place would be 6stars.

If you are use to modern hotels then this perhaps is not the hotel for you. However, if you are after a relaxed enviroment with high class service then its not to be missed.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are very large although feel dated
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank mrgug
TLIII, General Manager at Pompano Beach Club, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your April 2011 stay at our resort. We appreciate your candid comments, however, we thought you may be interested to know that since your stay with us last year, we've given our rooms a fresh new look. All of the coverlets on our king-size beds were replaced with stylish, white duvet covers. Multiple pillows were also added to give each bed a plush feel (updated photos of our rooms are shown on our website). 42" flat screen tvs have been added to all our superior and deluxe guest rooms and 32" flat screen tvs have been added to the bedroom and living room in each of our suites (not currently shown on our website though, since the tvs were just purchased in January). We are one of the few hotels in Bermuda that features separate tub and shower units in each of our rooms, along with double sinks. Most of our guests comment very favorably about the nice size of our guestroom bathrooms. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future. We're confident that you'll enjoy the enhancements we've made to our rooms since you were here.

Tom Lamb
Managing Director
Pompano Beach Club
westchester, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband travels often for business, but due to my own crazy plane anxiety, the kids (ages 17 and 15) and I had not been on a plane since 2001. About 10 days before we arrived at the Pompano Beach Club, I decided it was time to get on a plane. I wanted to go somewhere tropical and close. At 90 minutes flying time, Bermuda quickly became the destination. It was August (2011), and every place was booked. As a tripadvisor junkie (we do A LOT of road trips), I was bummed that the Pompano Beach Club appeared booked. Something told me to call, and much to my surprise Larry Lamb answered the phone. First impressions are everything, and Larry assured me that he was going to find me a room that would fit us, and that we were going to have an incredible time. He noted that we had an early flight in, and our room was ready when we arrived! In fact, multiple members of the staff and family were waiting at the door for us. Their first words were, "You're room is ready, get your bathing suits on and get out to the beach!" OMG, that aqua water against the pink sand!

Was the room 5 star, maybe not, but the room was clean and delightful, and the bathroom was enormous!! Every single staff member was warm and caring. The food was fabulous. The whole experience was like spending a week at a country club where everyone has known you for your whole life. We did a dinner exchange at The Reef's, and that was great too.

The beach was great, the water was something I could only dream of (and often do since we have been home). The water mats and floating in that beautiful warm water with my family is one of my happiest memories. Horseshoe Bay Beach was incredible too! Shopping in Hamilton was fun, try to go when a cruise ship is in because the stores stay open later. We rented mopeds, it took a little getting used to, but was a great way to see the island. We also did a great glass bottom boat trip recommended by the hotel. It was a down and dirty boat, but provided the best opportunity to see amazing sea life with a great captain.

Believe it or not the bus drivers went out on strike while we were there. Our luck we went to Horseshoe Bay Beach and it started to pour. There was not a taxi to be found. Residents actually stopped and started giving us tourists lifts to our hotels!!!! The sweetest Dr. gave us a lift even though we were wet, sandy and gross. It summed up everything great about the Bermuda way!

It may take us a little while to get back to the Pompano Beach Club (we have a lot of flying years to makeup for), but we will DEFINITELY be back!!!!

Room Tip: We had a view of the water, it was perfect!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank harjenmom
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We had such a lovely weekend staying at the Pompano Beach Club. The staff was so accommodating and the location is wonderful. The views of the ocean from our room was magnificent! I would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a relaxing and delightful place to stay.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Rooms in "Flying Fish" have wonderful sunset views.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ClevelandKat
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We've been to this beautiful, intimate resort 10+ times. Every time was spectacular.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
miami, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband and I arrived in the late afternoon on a Monday. We were welcomed warmly and given a thorough tour of the property before being shown to our room.
There was a reception that evening where we met the staff and other visitors. The appetizers were scrumptious and the bar rustic and cozy. We had the finest meal of the trip that same evening in the dining room overlooking the ocean. If you love to see and hear the ocean, large bedrooms and the most comfortable bed ever, then this is a great place to stay. The bus and ferries were easy to get to and the staff here provide the most superb service.
I doubt there is a better view anywhere else on the Island.

Room Tip: A bad room probably does not exist at this location
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Cambridge Beaches
Cambridge Beaches
#1 of 3 in Sandys Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,040 reviews

Been to Pompano Beach Club? Share your experiences!