We just got back last night from 8 nights at Pompano Beach Club. We went to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
FOOD-We were on the meal plan, dinner and breakfast. the meals were always wonderful and full of variety. 5* dinning for sure. You are definitely getting your moneys worth getting your meals included. Food is expensive on the island and having the meals included was a great way to go. Do not try and save money by skipping the meal plan, it will cost you more in the end and you will not eat anywhere else better or for less money. Want to try island restaurants than go for lunch and don't miss your dinners at Pompano.
There are two dining rooms to choose from and we dined in both. The sunset grill gives you the best view of the sunset but both restaurants have outstanding views. Sunset grill has a better view of the water than most cruise ships restaurants I've been too.
LOCATION- I was so happy with the location, it is close to everything including ferry, bus stops and the best beaches on the island. Don't stay close the airport (Grotto) unless you want to hear planes all day and be on the opposite side of the best beaches.
STAFF-The staff are friendly and there is no stuffiness to be had. If you want a formal and snobby atmosphere than go to a hotel, Fairmount Hampton is a great choice if you don't like people and like to spend excessive amounts of money for fun. However if you are looking for a homebase to explore the island and sit on the beach or in the pool, than look no further than Pompano Beach Club. One of best services that we appreciated was the shuttle service to the grocery store, the bus stops or the ferry terminal. Laurie at the main desk was always helpful with suggestions and CC drove us whenever we needed to go. It was like having a driver ready to bring us to the local transportation. We were able to buy bus tickets and ferry tickets right at the main office. Every day we took the bus or ferry and discovered a new part of the island.
WEATHER IN MAY- I was unsure about going in May, if the weather would be warm enough if there would enough to do etc. for 8 days but we ran out of time and have a list of things we would like to do on return and the weather was perfect for all activities. Including snorkeling and swimming.
ROOMS- Pompano's rooms were quiet and had a wonderful view, we had privacy and were close to everything. We stayed in room 15 (Deluxe) which was closest to everything at Pompano.
WARNING-I would suggest that if mobility is an issue that Pompano may not be the best place to stay, there are stairs going to pool, and beach and even to one of the restaurants and depending on your room you may have many steps to go to the main club. That would be the only downside to staying at Pompano Beach Club.
If you want wonderful nightly entertainment you may be somewhat disappointed in the entertainment, it is just a relaxed atmosphere and if you want lively night clubs, go to Hamilton. We played games, listened to piano music and just kicked back.
Overall the friendliness, the cleanliness and the food make this a wonderful place to stay, relax and explore. When we return, Pompano will be our first choice to return to. Please let me know if my suggestions were helpful and if you have any questions.
We booked by phone and I was a little unsure about booking without an agent but don't let that scare you off, it's all legit and the website is a very accurate description of what you get. There were no surprises at all!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 75 room beachfront resort has been owned and operated by the Lamb family since 1956. It offers extensive recreational facilities, a breathtaking oceanfront setting, gourmet cuisine, spacious oceanview accommodations, a casual, relaxed atmosphere and personalized, caring service, with Bermudian hospitality that is second to none. The resort overlooks Bermuda's southwest coast and attracts lots of honeymooners, families and couples (especially golfers, watersports enthusiasts and those looking for R&R). Come see why so many of their guests return year after year! The owner-managers are hands-on and passionate about the service they give their guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pompano Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pompano Beach Club Hotel Southampton
- Pompano Beach Hotel
- Pompano Beach Resort
- Pompano Beach Club Bermuda/Southampton Parish