For a 25th anniversary trip, the Reefs were lovely. The location is away from the main tourist parts of the island, but easy bus travel just outside the front door made the rest of the island accessible, while we were able to enjoy staying in a quieter spot.
The staff was very professional and mostly very friendly, as seems to be the general custom in Bermuda. They took the initiative to upgrade our reservation to the Point Suites (perhaps because we had booked off season), which was a lovely accommodation with a large, modern bathroom and beautiful main room with a gorgeous view.
The dining room was also sunny and lovely for breakfast, although when weather permitted (in November we had a few windy, cooler days), breakfasting on the outdoor patio offers another amazing view of the ocean.
For a family with children, I think the pool (while stunningly beautiful) was on the small side. Because of the season, we didn't take advantage of the beach, which looked large and attractive.
Only con for us: WiFi connectivity was weak from our suite
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reefs Bermuda