This was our 4th visit to the Reefs. Our first time since they added the time share units. We were pleasantly surprised they did not have a negative impact. We were a bit worried that the beach would be over crowded, but it was not even noticeable. We did notice more families rather then just couples.
A few things about the a Reefs.....
If you are going thinking it is the Four Seasons, it is not! It is a wonderful boutique hotel with small rooms, a phenomenal beach, and fantastic food! It is a place to sit back and relax. Wifi is spotty, and to tell you the truth, it was nice remembering the times without being connected to everyone. You are to be on vacation! Put the phone away and enjoy!!
Staff is always friendly and helpful. Our only negative comments... When I made our reservations for our 25th wedding anniversary in February, I specified we wanted to be as far out on the cliff in the cliffside rooms as possible. I was also told we were getting a room there. We arrived and got the worst cliffside room possible! Room 327 is terrible!! They should lower the rate on this horrible room. First, only the bathroom has been updated. You get the smell of Coconuts, and your view is blocked by a tree. The patio is also off to the side. Needless to say, we were moved the next morning to the wonderful 347 room. This room was completely renovated. How they charge the same rate is beyond me. Room 347 has a beautiful view, nicely renovated, and a patio in front. We will request it whenever we go back.
We also feel that management should be checking up on the staff more frequently. While on the beach one day, we overheard a female and male employee in the beach hut ( where towels and water sport items are given) arguing. They were noticeably load and we were surprised no one said anything. This is not what people like to experience when on vacation.
Even though we encountered a few glitches, we will return. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Destinology, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reefs Bermuda