This was our first trip back to Bermuda since our Honeymoon 40 years ago and our first stay at The Reefs. On the positive side, the view is spectacular. Our room was on the Cliffside and was clean and renovated. Since this is a small boutique resort, there was never a problem getting a lounge at the private beach or at the pool. We found most of the staff to be friendly and tried to accommodate our needs. There are two restaurants on the grounds and the hotel offers a meal plan as an add-on. If you plan to eat at the hotel, it's worth the $50.00 per person per day. The plan is flexible in the sense that you only need to take a minimum of 3 days. The menus do not change with the exception of a special. We did that, and ate at other resorts the remainder of our stay.
Entertainment is limited and seems to repeat weekly.
On the negative side, there were several issues. We pre-ordered a taxi from the airport and it was not there (note: the manager gave us a $50 credit for the inconvenience). When we checked in, we were given the wrong keys (yes, they still use actual keys). It took three tries to get the correct ones. The facility boasts "free wi-if" but service is spotty at best. It seemed to be a common complaint from guests. They have a computer available, but it too had log on issues. The front desk actually allowed us to use their computer to print our boarding passes.
Recommendations: fix your wi-fi; provide more frequent bar and food service at the pool; change your menu items throughout the week to offer more variety.
Overall, we were pleased with our stay at The Reefs, but can't say for sure if we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Widely recognized as the best hotel in Bermuda, this award-winning and intimate hotel offers spectacular ocean views from every room. Perched along limestone cliffs overlooking its own private beach you'll enjoy legendary Bermudian hospitality and gourmet dining at three different restaurants. The Reefs is one place where you will feel perfectly at ease. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Reefs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Hotel Southampton
- Reefs Resort Southampton
- The Reefs Bermuda/Southampton Parish
- Reefs Bermuda