“Delicious!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

When my family and I first received the menu for "The Burger Bar at Wickets" we knew We had to try it.

Located on the lower level of Fairmont Southampton Princes, Wickets restaurant is decked out with pictures of old cartoon cricketers and the burger menus on the wall. The sounds of reggae and soca music gives a beautiful island feel to the restaurant.

The menu, a huge assortment of burgers made from all proteins from beef, chicken, turkey, fish even a lamb burger that the staff (and even the sous chef) were raving about. There were options to choose what type of bun it came on and whether you wanted fries, salad or fruit salad as a side. Even with the large assortment of chef's suggested burgers on the menu they even had an option to build your own burger.

We choose the Mini American Kobe Beef Sliders to start. The cutest little sliders with a cute little pickle on the top. We then had the Emergency Room, Trattoria, Righteous Reggae, Grilled Wahoo and The Heritage burgers between all of us. Oh my goodness the most delicious burgers we've had in a long time.

Our only complaints were that one of our party ordered her burger "medium" and it came well done. Also on the day we went they were all out of fresh berries so one member of our party wasn't able to get dessert.

Overall the food was delicious and our server Jonathan was fantastic. He was very down to earth and answered any questions we had. We were also visited by the sous chef a couple of times which also added to the lovely experience.

We will most definitely be back to try more chefs suggested burgers and we might even build our own at some point.

There are newer reviews for Wickets at the Fairmont

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate lunch here whenever possible, sitting outside by the pool or inside on our one rainy day. The burgers were delicious, and there were many variations--I really enjoyed the Southwest Texan and the Righteous Reggae versions--so tasty! The Caesar salad was tasty, but the garden salad was bland. The tuna salad sandwich was very good. And they had gluten-free buns! And their burgers, unlike those at the Cabana Bar & Grill, were gluten-free as well, and they had shoestring gluten-free fries (which were different from the pub fries) as well!

The milkshakes were very tasty; if you are gluten-free, you will need to request that they do not add the biscuits/cookies in the shake. Although we requested a shake without cookies it arrived with 2 stuck in the whipped cream. The server took it back but returned shortly thereafter--it was obvious he had simply removed the cookies by spoon from the whipped cream. My family member has Celiac Disease, so eating gluten-free is an unfortunate necessity and not a dietary choice, and we fully understand that mishaps may happen in the kitchen that we are not even aware of when we eat out. I plan to contact Fairmont Southampton regarding this mishap, but everyone was so very nice and courteous to us we opted to avoid any negativity on this gorgeous day.

The drinks were tasty but devoid of much alcohol. I actually thought momentarily that my limited tolerance for alcohol had finally increased but the drinks were mostly mix.

Overall, a great putdoor lunch experience that I looked forward to every day! Although service could be a little slow, we were on vacation relaxing outside by the pool, enjoying the beautiful weather! And with the gluten free options, pleasant service, and delicious food, we were very happy.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Wickets is a great place to eat a burger (you can build your own) or enjoy a milkshake. The food and service are great and the atmosphere is very relaxed. You can either have your meal inside or out or enjoy it by the pool. A great spot for lunch!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

It doesn't matter what you eat here. Its all Amazing.
I asked to go into the kitchen to meet the chefs it was so good.
My Daughter loved the ice cream and they let her top it off
with pretty toppings. A nice birthday treat

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We came late and they were almost closed. They took such wonderful care of us. We appreciated the service as we were the only ones there and they could of easily turned us away. I wrote down their names as I was so impressed. The pool was nicely lit up and the setting was peaceful. They treated us so nice like regular guests. We will return as soon as possible. The food was so tasty. Thank you Sumeet and Cathy-Joe. My friend still talks about that night of good food and company--she will be visiting again soon. It made Bermuda Proud.

1  Thank Stones1956