“very professional”
Review of Dive Bermuda

Dive Bermuda
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the property of the Southampton Fairmont Hotel, Dive Bermuda sits on the private beach close to all of the 5 star hotel amenities.We have a daily morning 2 tank wreck and reef dive, all of our dives are guided by either an Instructor or local Divemaster. We offer all PADI courses from the first time diver course The Discover Scuba Diver all the way up to Instructor level.The hotel provides showers, lockers and changing facilities along with two restaurants serving food all day at the Dive Shops beach location. We also provide beach rentals including, kayaks, stand up paddleboards and mask fins and snorkels.The Hotel has a 9 hole golf course and a great Spa to entertain the non divers in your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had a very good experience with Dive Bermuda. The dive masters were thorough and professional, as well as very pleasant. They followed all the proper safety procedures. All the gear and the dive boat was good. The dives themselves were interesting, but not the best I've done. That's just a function of the day you pick.

Be prepared to wade out to the boat. Also the shop is a bit tricky to find if you are not staying at the hotel.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I recently completed a dive with this shop and I have to say they met expectations.

As a guest of the Fairmont Southhampton, the dive shop is conveniently located on property. I was greeted instantly the moment I walked in. They had plenty of equipment to rent - I left my booties behind and they were able to provide me a pair. Although they did not have a record of my reservation I was able to dive. Want to say thanks to Al for connecting with me while I was at the shop and really going out of his way to find some booties for me and making me feel so welcome.

After clearing the paperwork, we were instructed to take a brief swim to the dive boat which is anchored in the bay. I did not have to lift a finger as the crew handled all the gear...all I had to do was check my setup and dive!

The safety briefing was well covered and the dive briefings were really well explained. There were about eight divers in addition to the crew that day and the boat comfortably accommodated everyone.

My group's dive guide (Al) did a good job making sure everyone was able to dive the best parts of the dive sites. There were some folks who were not as advanced and he took care of them. For those of us who were, he made sure we did not miss out on the swim thrus...which I really appreciated because it allowed me to swim directly with a Giant Goliath Grouper as it was making it's way through a swim thru. Definitely the highlight of the dive.

Thanks for making it enjoyable...will definitely dive with the operations again if I ever return to Bermuda.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I recently completed my PADI certification through Dive Bermuda. Our instructor Emily was incredible; very helpful, encouraging and fun to learn from. The whole team at Dive Bermuda made for a great experience. The equipment is top notch, most of it is very new, and the dive boat Narcosis is comfortable, relatively fast and large so you never feel cramped. Everyone on the dive boat was very professional, helpful and really put safety above all else. Since we were staying at the Fairmont, the location on the Hotel's beach made it a super easy choice for us, however I would recommend Dive Bermuda to anyone looking to dive while visiting Bermuda.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Been diving with the Dive Bermuda group for many years now. Captain Heinz got me into it 25 years ago when I did a discover scuba with them.

Really good knowledgeable and approachable. They sincerely want you to have a good time. Every time I go back to Bermuda (2-3 times a year), I dive with them.

Have tried others, good but not as approachable as these guys.

Taught my wife how to dive a few summers ago also.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We did a one tank dive with Dive Bermuda off South Shore - and had a fabulous time.
The crew were simply amazing - thorough safety / info brief, helpful with kitting up, knowledgeable about local sea life and generally made our time on the water a most enjoyable experience.
We saw a good variety of local fish - including a huge grouper and several large parrot fish.
Our only complaint was a single tank outing was too short!
Would definitely dive with them again.