“Enjoyable meal with great service.”
Review of 39 Steps Wine Bar and Bistro - CLOSED

39 Steps Wine Bar and Bistro
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal with great service.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We went here for dinner on a Friday night, we had no reservation but were made very welcome. The service was very good and all dishes ordered were tasty. Salad was crisp and fresh and the fries were especially good! All five of us enjoyed our meal choices.
Dining area was spacious and airy with a courtyard feel.
Would have visited again if had the time.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Selinasuse

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with casual vibe. Staff very friendly and attentive; our glasses were rarely empty of water. I had the 39 steps crepe, which was much more impressive and filling than it sounds, and my fiancee had the lasagne, which she describes as the best she has ever had outside of Italy. High praise indeed. I'm not a wine person at all, but even I was jealous when I tried her rose zinfandel; so delicious and fruity. I'm not surprised so many people go on about the wine, there is such a large range. We also had fries and garlic bread sides, which were nice but in hindsight not necessary. For dessert I had the Belgian chocolate cake, which was sort of like a refrigerator cake. Not what I was expecting and a bit peculiar served with ice cream, but quite tasty. My fiancee had the creme brulee which was delicious with a particularly good crispy top. All in all we had a wonderful evening and would recommend 39 steps to anyone.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ben V
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Authentic Bajan”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Charming small restaurant run by the same family for thirty years.
dined here three times and some of our party have been coming here since it opened. Nice choice of menu, famous for steak and ale pie. Made me delicious Garva and Coconut ice-cream desert.

Visited March 2014
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Had a great time”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went to this restaurant with my husband on 15 March 2014 for dinner. It is a little gem.The food was delicious, the wine one of the best I have had, the service really good and the decor very quirky. The entertainment was superb - a guitarist, a saxophonist and a singer who sang easy jazz songs and had a voice like velvet. Well worth a visit and if we are ever in Barbados we would go back.

• Visited March 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Lovely friendly place, with great food, and very relaxed”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stumbled upon this place by accident, as we were looking for somewhere to watch the rugby match and were at Bubba's bar which is not far from this. We had seen it in Barbados in a Nutshell, and when we drove past it unexpectedly, decided to stop. We hadn't booked, but it was lunch time and managed to get a table. It was so colourful, very relaxed, and were lucky enough to sit outside. (It doesn't have a sea view, but that doesn't matter), We were served by the very friendly owner, who advised us on what to eat, as this was our first meal out in Barbados, and we were not disappointed, We were not staying in this area, (near the top of the island), so didn't come back, but we are coming out again in December, and will make a return to this lovely restaurant again for a spot of lunch.

• Visited February 2014