“Great way to spend the day”
Review of The Boatyard

The Boatyard
Ranked #9 of 115 Restaurants in Bridgetown
Price range: US$6 - US$50
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: We are open daily, 365 days a year and there's never a dull moment. Whether you're visiting on a cruise ship, staying at one of the many hotels or a resident of our beautiful island you are guaranteed to have a great time. Our central location in Carlisle Bay on the outskirts of the Capital Bridgetown makes The Boatyard the ideal place to come relax and enjoy the friendly Barbadian hospitality. The Boatyard offers unbeatable beach facilities enhanced only by the natural white sandy beach and calm azure water. Upon entering The Boatyard, a beach package is offered at Adventure Beach which ensures you a day filled with fun and pleasure in paradise. Site amenities include: Beach Lounge chair/Day bed, shared umbrella (while stocks last), ocean trampoline, iceberg climb and slide, dive platform, rope swing (ask for scheduled times), fresh water showers, restrooms, pool table, WiFi, Volley Ball Net, Basket Ball Net (balls provided), beachside restaurant & bar, Souvenir Shop and lively music. Be sure to ask about our turtle and snorkel tour available on select days throughout the year. Relax in our seafront restaurant and savour the flavour of the Caribbean. We are sure to satisfy your hunger from our extensive menu of local and international dishes. Sharkey's Bar is fully stocked and just the place to be to quench your thirst after soaking up the warm Caribbean rays. Sip on one of our many exotic cocktails while we pamper you silly! Adventure Beach at The Boatyard - where the fun never stops!! *Please note that ID may be required for entry*
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Boatyard is a fun tiki-ish restaurant and beach facility in Carlisle Bay. basically, you pay $40 US each and you get a wristband that entitles you to $40 each worth of food and drink and to use their beach and facilities for the day.

Really, the only downside and what keeps it from being 5 stars for me is the food -- it's overpriced and with small portions. I had the Jerk chicken wrap -- was great tasting, but really small. You'll still be hungry after you eat your food credit.

The beach itself is beautiful, and with hardly any vendors (so you aren't bugged very often). The beer-in-a-bucket is a pretty good deal and I recommend that -- they'll refill your bucket with ice for free too, as long as you have beer to still keep cold in it (ice melts FAST there).

They have some fun water attractions as well, including a rope swing, a semi-high dive platform, an "ice-berg" thing that you climb and fall off of, and a water "trampoline" (I wouldn't suggest trying to jump on it). The iceberg is fun and a good way to get in a workout with your water fun, and the rope swing and high dive are great too.

The water in Carlisle Bay is very calm -- if you like body surfing or big waves you may find yourself bored, tho the water attractions should keep you entertained. You don't like big waves you'll think the beach is perfect. Pure, sandy bottom from the shore all the way out.

The unsung hero of the water activities though is the snorkeling -- the pier has a lot fish around it and the water is crystal clear and probably maxes out around 15 feet deep at their perimeter float. I even saw a few small squid. If you want to snorkel tho you need your own facemask, I don't think they offer that. I didn't ask, but I also didn't see any.

There's a stereo playing which I could have done without, but it wasn't too bad.

Overall, great way to spend the day!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I am going to write on behalf of my husband (he went to the beach with the "husbands" while the "wives" and I went on Calypso Girl Catamaran-see review).

This was my second time to The Boatyard in Barbados. This time we were the only ship in port, so the beach wasn't as busy as it has been in the past.
Our group arrived around 1045am and the beach was pretty empty. We were able to get seats right under the palms, nearest to the bar. We noticed that security was very tight. Not sure what the reason was behind this move, but as a tourist, I was really happy. We were surrounded by cameras and staff watching our chairs while we were in the water. The vendors are not allowed in their area but will still shout to sell you their goods.
The water and the sand are just great here! Softest sand around! You will have fun searching for sand dollars, but bring snorkel equipement.
Sorry to say, we drank them out of Carib Beer and to switch to Stag Beer. Maybe next time we will warn them of our arrival so they can stock up.
Entry fee to the beach is $12 which covers your taxi trip back to the port. The taxi there was $6, a bucket of beer was $15.
I would like to say that the owner of this place is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Very involved with the guests.
This is my favorite place to visit while in Barbados and we will continue to visit here often!!!

1  Thank 2IslandDreamers
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent 2 days at the Boatyard with our kids (7-11). It was great for everyone. Tonnes to do and lots to see. The water was incredible and the food was good. For a super day at the beach with the convenience of Food/Drinks while you 'play'....money well spent. The staff are a laugh and the sand/water is beautiful.

1  Thank MarkTravels1968
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

So you pay B$40 to get in and that gets you full access to the beach gear and water activities plus the full B$40 goes on your tab for food and drinks. It's a nice little gimmick and means you will spend your money but that's not hard when you factor in food and drinks. A good day out and family friendly.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We spent a day here in july and loved it. There were plenty of water activities included in the admission, the drinks were strong and the atmosphere beautiful. From this beach you can also take little minitrips out to swim with the sea turtles. It was an awesome day

1  Thank Amywco