“Worth the Fees”

Barbados Half-Day Island Tour
Ranked #1 of 10 Fun & Games in Bridgetown
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Boatyard offers unbeatable beach facilities enhanced only by the natural white sandy beach and calm azure water. Upon entering The Boatyard, a beach package is offered which ensures you a day filled with fun and pleasure in paradise. Come and enjoy our many amenities which include:- lounge chair, shared umbrella (while stocks last), Ocean Trampoline, Iceberg Climb and Slide, dive platform, rope swing (ask for scheduled times), fresh water showers, restrooms, pool table, WiFi, beach-side restaurant, bar and lively music. Be sure to ask about our turtle and snorkel tour available on select days throughout the year. *Please note that ID may be required for entry*
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As many of you do or do not know, the beaches in Barbados are free. Period. However- this beach is worth the small fees they charge. My boyfriend and I received two lounge chairs, an umbrella, and two rum punches for $15. On top of that, the rope swing and ocean trampolines are free! I understand that they have to charge us to maintain these free services, so it was well worth it. Water was gorgeous, sand was white, and I had a blast. Would definitely recommend this as a family beach!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"banana boat"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My fiance and I visited The Boatyard while on vacation to Barbados, we had a couple drinks after coming from the beach and the bartender was really hospitable. The bar was filled but we were still attended to like we were the only ones there. I would definitely visit the bar again.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I and another couple spent the day at the Boatyard during a cruise stop visit. This was probably one of the best days of the whole trip! When we first arrived, it was a little rainy so we had drinks at the bar area, but as soon as the sun came out, we headed for our chairs and umbrella. We spent the day jumping from the pier, rope-swinging, and relaxing on the water trampoline. We also took an adrenaline-packed ride on the screamer (we paid extra for it and it was totally worth it!)

Great value, Yummy drinks, and a lot of fun!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We've travelled round many of the Barbados beaches and most charge $40-$50 USD for 4 loungers and 2 umbrellas. But at the Boatyard you pay $80 USD for 4 people but you get the whole sum back against food and drink available all day. We had lunch, few drinks and beers and were still in credit to the tune of around $10 at the end of the day.
Not only that but there's an iceberg and a trampoline for the kids to play on and a long rope on a crane that everyone dives into the sea from which is brilliant for photo opportunities.
If you are wondering which beach to go to in Barbados then this is a great choice and great value, especially if you have kids.