All reviewssmall hotelmango baysister hotelother guestspebbles beachpacked lunchmet some lovely peopleall inclusive hotelrum storelovely little hotelcourtyard areasuperior poolsideminute walksuperior garden roomcool bagmeal timesbuffet style
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just finished 16 days at the hotel. It's not everyone's cup of tea - small with only 24 rooms and a very small pool. 100 yard walk to the beach in Carlisle Bay where the racehorses from the track go for a swim in the early mornings. Food is excellent and most rooms are OK - we had one of the 4 suites adjacent to the pool. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and most even remembered our names!

They do get fully booked and we had to move for our last 3 days to another hotel - unfortunately we chose the new Sandals resort and I wrote a review yesterday which was somewhat less than enthusiastic!

We will return next year!!

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room described as having a pool or garden view. Some of the rooms are facing away from the hotel with a view of the car park by the Brown Sugar restaurant and some of the guests noted that although the room was fine, they couldn't sit outside with something to look at!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John G
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Have just returned from a 2 week stay at the idyllic Island Inn where we celebrated my 50th birthday. As previously mentioned the Island Inn is very small but this is part of its charm, the staff were so welcoming and friendly and very attentive to our needs. The food was excellent, the menu choices are limited compared to larger hotels however it was definitley a case of quality over quantity! The accomodation was great, room cleaned and bedding and towels changed daily. The other guests were all very nice including the large wedding party who we had some great laughs with. There is no sea view from any of the rooms but the gorgeous Pebbles beach is literally on the doorstep, as beaches go it has to be in my top 10! On the 2nd day of my stay I had a slight mishap (not at the hotel) and unfortunately spent the next 2 weeks in a wheelchair. Thank goodness we were at the Island Inn, the staff and other guests could not have been kinder or more helpful which enabled us to make the best of a sometimes very difficult situation. We cannot wait to return to this amazing place.

3  Thank Sue T
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just got back from the Island Inn and after reading some of the previous reviews, not sure if I stayed at the same place!!!! They were so amazing to us after a long delay, Earl took our cases to our room so we could just have a drink and chill. The Island Inn is very small but because of this its perfect, the food is outstanding you never had to book a table and the staff remembered what you liked to drink. We never had a bad meal and certainly never waited any length of time (the hotel was full) The manager Miss Brown is just amazing and because of her and her management skills her staff are too. We met some lovely people there and we laughed from the minute we got there to the minute we left. When I got sunburn they even offered to get some Aloe Vera for me. My only negative would no cushions on the sun loungers!!!! Our room was great - No 18 and the beds were very comfortable, cleaned every day and fresh towels. This is a very unique resort and if you like big all inclusive hotels then this won't be for you. The beach is literally a stones throw away and is so beautiful that the guests from the Hilton come down to this beach as its much calmer to swim in. There is a little shack on the beach which serves really cheap drinks and amazing fish rolls, however, you can just walk back for lunch if you wish. All in all one of the best holidays I have ever had, and I cannot wait to go back. Thank you to everyone that works at the Island Inn

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are great
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank julie-torre
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We booked this well in advance and for my wife's 60th birthday. The hotel is converted from a small courtyard type building and has only 24 units. We were attracted by reviews and the thought that a small all inclusive restaurant would be much better than a large one. We were very happy with the room and with the staff. On reflection we would have preferred a sea view (the sea was only 100 yards away) but that was our fault. The courtyard around the pool was fine except that a wedding party of guests sometimes made it rather noisy. Meals were all extremely edible but frankly not up to the standard that I expected for the fee paid. The social life at the hotel was however a very pleasant experience. As it is so small one would end up talking (and dancing) with most of the other guests. No strong negative points but we will go for a sea view next stay.

2  Thank BRJ792
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was our first visit to Barbados and we were not disappointed. A small hotel with a big personality. Great staff, reasonable food and good location. Yes service at meals could be slow but you have to realise that this is Barbados time and just relax. I can't really add to what others have put so just read through the reviews and make your own minds up. If you want five star then this isn't for you but if you want a quiet relaxing holiday with decent food and friendly staff then give this place a go. It is three star but three star at its best. We stayed in a standard courtyard room which was nice, we did experience a problem and were moved to a room nearer the pool, this was also nice so I would say that it doesn't really matter which room you choose.

3  Thank Janice M